PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform, turning any signal into insight and action to improve agility and visibility across organizations. Through its SaaS-based platform, PagerDuty arms developers, IT operations, support, security, and business leaders to prevent and resolve incidents for exceptional customer experiences. As revenue and brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, more than 9,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, Lululemon, Slack, IBM and Panasonic use and trust PagerDuty to maximize their time and increase their business response and efficiency.
PagerDuty for iOS allows you to:
* Receive unlimited push notification alerts and set custom sounds for alerts
* Easily access and respond to open incidents (acknowledge, resolve, or reassign)
* View incident details, grouped alerts, and resolution timelines at a glance
* View your on-call timeline and team schedules, and book overrides for yourself or your teammates
* Access a contact list of all users in your account and their contact information
* Create new incidents directly from the mobile app
* Loop in responders for additional help
* Execute custom actions (like restarting servers, running diagnostics, etc.) on incidents
NOTE: A PagerDuty user account is required to use this application. Some features’ availability depends on your PagerDuty plan.
What's new in version 5.52:
- You can delete an override by tapping the override in the Schedule screen and selecting Delete (thanks Jenny!).
- The Status Updates tab is now hidden for accounts without Modern Incident Response.
- Spiffed up the rainbow logo just in time to celebrate Pride Month here at PagerDuty and worldwide!
- Fixed the empty state for Open Incidents on iOS 11 devices. (No, it wasn't meant to be a piece of abstract art.)
Thanks for all the great feedback! We’re always looking for ways to improve the app. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments.
Ratings and Reviews
Better and worse since last update
I want to start by saying I’m so happy they finally removed the swipe left to resolve. It was ridiculous and resulted in many times resolving a page because my finger accidentally went slightly left while scrolling. However the current solution is still lacking. When I swipe left the buttons are for some reason not fully interactable and it feels clunky. I have to tap a few times before I see any UI response.
Secondly, the phone calling has become buggy, for me at least. Even if I decline the call PagerDuty will try calling again. Not sure why.
Finally, and my biggest complaint, is that when I swipe on a notification on my lock screen to open PagerDuty with that alert, 95% of the time it’ll just say it failed to fetch the alert. No matter if I’m on LTE or wifi. I have to close and reopen the app to see the alert.
Non-functional and non-intuitive
I manage a DevSecOps team that has need of a product that can manage alerting in a sane way. I was evaluating pager duty vs. some of the others out there, and a good mobile app is a large part of the decision.
The iPhone app doesn’t seem to even work for me on the iPhone X - I cannot make any changes to settings, switch screens - nothing.
On top of that, the app is not intuitive to use - it doesn’t function like any other iPhone app. If you have to have a user tip of the day for how to get to the menu, your UI may not be so great!
Nobody else on the team likes the app either, and anyone with an iPhone X has the same problems.
None of the other products in this space have a broken mobile app, and the ones I’ve used are intuitive and work extremely well - so it’s pretty easy for us to rule out pagerduty. Shame, because it’s an otherwise solid product - but the app is just critical in this space. First impressions are everything - the broken app means we will be putting our money elsewhere.
I am not one to give a one star review lightly... but it is clear that the mobile app isn’t taken as seriously as it should be. Until that changes, I can’t possibly recommend the product.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having such a poor experience with our mobile app! We'd like to do what we can to assist you if there are any specific bugs you're experiencing or features you're having trouble navigating. If you reach out to email@example.com, we'd love to help troubleshoot and help answer any questions.
Have been using Pager duty for past month. My team of 128 has quickly learned the ins and outs. An enterprise based solution for my company, it outshines the second best on a different level. The swipe feature has been resolved. We accomplish our goals much quicker lately with full integration into our systems. Thanks to continuing on improvements. Kudos !
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.