Opsgenie is a modern incident management platform for operating always-on services, empowering Dev & Ops teams to plan for service disruptions and stay in control during incidents. The Opsgenie Application for iOS delivers the power of the solution to your mobile devices. You can receive push notifications when alerts and incidents arise, take action directly from the application, understand the status of all known issues and manage your on-call responsibilities.
Opsgenie for iOS is free for all Opsgenie customers and requires a subscription to Opsgenie service. Your Opsgenie administrator will send an invite via email for you to create an account. Once your account is created, you can log in to Opsgenie service from the iOS app with your Opsgenie username and password.
You can view additional documentation at http://www.opsgenie.com/docs/dashboard/ios-app
* Customizable dashboards for responding to alerts and incidents faster
* Ability to create alerts and incidents with ease
* Easy access and response to alerts and incidents (Acknowledge, Close, Escalate to Next, Take Ownership, Snooze and many more)
* Ability to execute custom actions on alerts and incidents (i.e ping, restart server, …)
* Opsgenie-hosted audio & video conferencing (Incident Command Center) to effectively collaborate during incidents
* Service Catalogs to identify and manage service units
* Ability to track each service’s status via dedicated status pages
* Ability to define & add responders and/or stakeholders to incidents
* Ability to select multiple alerts/incidents and execute an action for all
* Alert/Incident list pages supporting native swipe gestures for actions
* Ability to save and reuse the searches previously defined in order to filter alerts and incidents
* Who Is On-Call page which enables viewing all schedules and active rotations of the moment
* User Directory that enables accessing all users and their contact information
* Ability to easily contact users via phone call, SMS, email, and Skype
* Ability to mute/unmute notifications
* Ability to enable/disable notification preferences, notification rules and contact methods
Nothing big; we’ve just added some technical improvements and back-end capabilities for the upcoming changes.
Ratings and Reviews
It works, but is frustrating to use
The apps aims to be simple and elegant, and it is in some ways, but can be frustrating to use. For example:
1. After acknowledging an alert, a pop up panel appears at the bottom of the screen telling you it was acknowledged. While it is up, you can’t swipe to acknowledge another alert. You have to touch the screen to make it go away first.
2. When you choose to close an alert, you are asked to confirm closing it. This is frustrating and in the way.
3. They took away they option to touch Ack after swiping an alert. Now you have to touch a more button and then touch ack.
Just from a general perspective, before the latest update, the app already had these extra annoying steps in the way of quickly working with alerts. After the update, it’s gotten even worse.
Just let us one touch to acknowledge and close and don’t throw up panels that tell us we just did what we thought we did. Make this app require the fewest touches possible to take care of multiple alerts quickly.
After all, we don’t actually want to be using this app. We wished we never had to.
I know no one likes alerts but since Atlassian took over this app has just gone downhill trying to look more streamlined.
The MOST annoying thing for the past couple of years is the banners the insist on preventing you from using the app while they’re there. Reaching the “mute for 5 minutes” button is impossible if there’s any type of outage that generates multiple alerts.
Pick a different platform until they sort this app out if you can. The only reason it didn’t get one star is because it does alert and supports heartbeats which are useful.
Missed or Delayed Alerts
Several times alerts are missed or delayed, even though the log shows delivered. Last night I woke to an alert that came a couple minutes after it had been escalated and acknowledged by my boss, more than 20 minutes after I should have been alerted. Needless to say, this doesn’t make my boss happy and is embarrassing for me.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- iFountain LLC
- 119.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Opsgenie, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.