The official Palace of Versailles app. It is completely free of charge and can be used without an Internet connection.
- the audioguide tour of the Palace: the Hall of Mirrors, the King’s Apartments, the Royal Chapel, the Battles Gallery, etc.
- the audioguide tour of the Gardens (including the Musical Fountains Shows and Musical Gardens)
- the audioguide tour of the estate of Trianon : the Grand Trianon, the Petit Trianon, the Queen's Hamlet, the Gardens of the Trianon, the remarkable trees of Trianon
- The audioguide tour of the Gallery of Coaches
- The audioguide tour of the temporary exhibitions
- An interactive geolocated map of the Estate covering more than 500 points of interest
- Useful information to plan your visit: opening times, access, advice
Let the app guide you…
Using the app’s audio commentaries, discover the routes that are open to visitors, the most prestigious areas of the Palace and of the estate, as well as the least explored corners of the grounds. There are audio, text and video bonuses for extra information.
You can add ‘favorites’ which help you return to the places you have selected.
Explore without getting lost …
Thanks to the interactive map, it’s easy to find services (Wi-Fi, toilets, restaurants, etc.) and places of interest in the Palace, the Gardens of Versailles (the Groves, the Orangery, Latona Fountain…), the Trianon Estate (Grand Trianon, Petit Trianon, the Queen’s Hamlet...) and the Park (the Grand Canal, the Royal Star...).
Using geolocation you can quickly see which services and places of interest are close by.
Planning your visit
Opening times, transport, advice, FAQ, etc. The app gives you the information you need to make the most of your visit and choose the best day to come, depending on the crowds and the programme of events.
The app offers direct access to the Palace ticketing service and to the Palace e-boutique.
Correction of a minor bug related to mobile pushes.
Ratings and Reviews
Sufficient Application for tourists
1 Do not forget those you left behind. 2 France’s TT’s (tourist traps) are renown for an assortment of gifts $10 or less sized well for your carryon valises. 3 They also made the guillotine more famous than any magician ever, Houdini included. 4 Inhalation of nicotine is now permitted via e-cigarette devices in almost every public space. 5 When elsewhere, use care. 6 This is France we are discussing. 7 refer to sentence 3.
Increased the quality of our trip!
When we went to Versailles in March, the line to get the headphones was long and we weren’t sure if it cost money so we skipped it and I found this app! It was way easier to navigate than I expected and gave incredible information that was pretty easy to follow. I’m someone who loves to read plaques when I go to museums. Well, Versailles doesn’t really have plaques so you kind of just have to guess about things. This app filled in so many details! There are even details about the grounds and La Trianon and Le Petite Trianon. The map was accurate and detailed. The only thing that got confusing was that it isn’t up-to-date on a couple areas that tourists are not allowed to go to right now.
Buggy, French language regardless of setting
Buggy and hard to use.
Biggest issue: Language Setting fails to initialize correctly
App defaults to English language for me in settings, however All audio is French.
(FIX) - change language to be different, say French, then change to English (desired language), it likely will load correct audio then.
When you are in Palace, it was crazy frustrating to waste time debugging this. Staff at museum were mystified too.
I would have preferred easy use app, relatively bug free.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Etablissement public du chateau, du musee et du domaine national de Versailles
- 190.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Château de Versailles 2020