Empty your recycling bin for good(!) and stop unsolicited postal snail mail with the PaperKarma stop junk mail app.
Simply snap a picture to unsubscribe from bulky catalogs, credit card offers and unwanted paper mail delivered to your home address. Reduce clutter, save time and simplify your life!
Are you still receiving junk mail addressed to previous owners or tenants? No problem! PaperKarma allows you to add all the name /address combinations under which you receive phyiscal postal mail.
Take a step toward protecting your privacy while also helping the environment. Each year 77+ billion pieces of unwanted mail overfill US mailboxes, with 44% of these direct mailings ending up in trash landfills (unopened!). The USPS drives over 1.4 billion miles (56,220 laps around Earth) to deliver these ads.
With PaperKarma, you hold the power to reduce your carbon footprint and prevent direct marketing mail from being printed in your name in the first place:
• Simply open the app and snap a pic of the offending junk mail
• We apply some magic to automatically identify and recognize the mailer
• Simply confirm your choice and we work behind the scenes to unsubscribe you. Boom!
That’s it. It’s that easy.
PaperKarma works on most junk mail including the leading national brands and direct mailers: All State, American Airlines AAdvantage, American Express (AmEx), AT&T /Uverse /DirecTV, Capital One, Discover Card, Farmers, Geico, Money Mailer, Retail Me Not, Restoration Hardware (RH), State Farm, United Mileage Plus, Valpak, Wayfair, Xfinity and 100,000+ more national and local mailers, charities, non-profits and organizations.
As the largest "Do Not Mail" registry and directory in the USA, PaperKarma can help stop 90+% of all physical junk mail you receive. We vet, verify and add 100+ new mailers suggested by our users every single day.
PaperKarma has been featured on ABC, CBS, The New York Times, NBC's The Today Show, LifeHacker, TechCrunch, and more. We are honored that Apple iTunes featured PaperKarma as one of its "Best Apps 2012" alongside disruptive apps such as AirBnb, TaskRabbit and Uber. More recenlty PaperKarma was featured by both Apple and Google on EarthDay 2019.
In-app purchase subscription required to use the PaperKarma app beyond the free trial. All users are granted 4 free requests to unsubscribe from postal junk mail, and will be prompted to choose a subscription plan when submitting their fifth request. Subscription plan options include a recurring charge of $1.99 per month, $10.99 for a 6 month period, or $19.99 per year.
- Subscription options: monthly subscription of $1.99 per month, $10.99 for 6 months, or a yearly subscription of $19.99 per year.
- All subscriptions allow for sending unlimited opt-out requests to all entities in PaperKarma's extensive proprietary database of known direct marketers, for the duration of the subscription.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's iTunes & App Stores Account Settings
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to PaperKarma.
We've updated PaperKarma with a sleek new design and many performance improvements! Here's what's new:
- Added support to stop junk mail from thousands(!) of new national and local mailers
- Increased transparency for certain mailers that cannot be stopped (bulk Every Door Direct Mail, ballot mail)
- Improved logo detection and mailer recognition
- Enabled ability to minimize the keyboard on the Keycode entry screen to accommodate devices with smaller screen sizes
- Improved user experience for users in device-wide "dark mode"
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App works wonderfully!!
I hardly get any junk mail anymore. I been using this app and a few other tricks to get rid of junk mail. First, I started taking all the mail that comes with a return envelope and sending that mail back to the company. Write on the envelope, “take me off your list”. Include your home address to make it easier for the company to take you off their list. To get off of the Redplum ads, you have to go their website and use their unsubscribe page. To get off the ads that are apart of your newspaper company, you have to write to the newspaper. I don’t get the newspaper but I was getting their annoying ads. I have been ad free for three years maybe. I do all that and I use this ap. I get one or two pieces of junk mail a month. I started using this app a few years ago. It has changed my life. Now, mostly get bills in the mail. Some days, I get zero mail. I love it because I feel like I’m helping the environment. I’m saving paper or a tree. The more people use this app. the more we do good things for the environment. It’s exciting when someone sends me a card in the mail. It’s not all mixed up with a bunch of junk. Stuff won’t get lost. I really appreciate this app. I enjoy being paper free. I recommend this app to someone who can’t seem to get his mail situation under control. I hope he uses the app. Thank you PaperKarma for making apart of my life paper free. :)
great mission, lacking app
i’ve been using PaperKarma for a few years, always recommending it to friends trying to reduce waste and stay more off the marketing grid.
i moved to a new address which came with tons of new junk mail. the new app won’t take my email and the reset password doesn’t work, so i can’t really speak for the new features or paid subscription.
thanks for all the help in the past but would love some help with my account so i can use again
Developer Response ,
Please reach out to human @ paperkarma .com and we'll be happy to help.
Not a well thought out app
When you first use the app it starts to walk you through the process of removing your address from a mailing, which I think is what most people DL this app for. You take a picture of the senders name and address, then manually enter your own name and address, and are then prompted to accept the terms and conditions (which include a lot of stuff about the interactive user content aspect of the app, rather than the remove junk mail feature). The next screen has required fields for your full name and a password and confirm password. Is this a new password I need to create to use the app? Why?
When all fields are filled, I couldn’t get further, and the Oops message was completely useless, simply saying that my “full name” was needed when it was already there.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear you got an error message. It sounds like you used the feature that allows you test run the app functionality prior to registration.
This means testing whether PaperKarma recognizes your mailer and seeing if you wish to continue.
After recognition you are prompted to create an account so we can actually obtain your details for unsubscribing, and then process your request and have a method for remaining in contact with you.
The most common method of using PaperKarma is to 1st sign up for an account and then submit a request. Much simpler. We would love for you to give it a try!
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help.
- JET Internet LLC
- 59.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 PaperKarma
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Unsubscribes $1.99
- Unlimited Unsubscribes $19.99
- Unlimited Unsubscribes $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.