PDT Cocktails 17+
Recipes of the famous bar
PDT Cocktails is the authoritative archive of the famed New York City bar, replete with both house creations and numerous fine-tuned classics that have graced PDT’s menu since the bar’s opening in 2007.
- 400 meticulously tested cocktail recipes
- 69 recipes for PDT’s house-made ingredients
- Ingredient profiles that include photos and concise reference material
- Photographs of every cocktail and every ingredient—over 1000 in total, each taken at PDT
PDT Cocktails can be used independently or as a companion to The PDT Cocktail Book, which the app augments with new PDT creations, newly relevant historic recipes, and revisions to existing recipes based on available products and continued testing by PDT’s expert mixologists.
PDT Cocktails allows bartenders of all skill-levels to:
- Search recipes by base spirit, cocktail-type, creator, and date of creation
- Display measurements in ounces, centiliters, milliliters, or gills
- Check off the ingredients you’ve got and this app will show you which drinks you can make
- Filter the recipes on multiple criteria with just a few taps
- Flag recipes and tag favorites; create custom lists of recipes
- Annotate recipes with comments and cumulative likes and dislikes and build up a chronological history of your explorations
- Ingredient definitions included
- Sync your ingredient inventory, favorites and flagged, custom lists and journal entries across our entire suite of apps and over as many iOS devices as you like, using our free sync service
- Universal app, works nearly identically on both platforms
- fix for dark mode
Ratings and Reviews
The very best cocktail app.
Why this app is not #1 in category is a failure of either word of mouth or the app store’s optimization. First of all, the PDT Book is exceptional due to quality of recipes, insights into building cocktails, and perhaps most importantly - a complete index - allowing you to quickly and and efficiently search your favorite liquors from your cabinet and discover new and inventive cocktails to make with those liquors.
This app takes the book to the next level, using the powers of computer memory and cataloging capabilities to open up 1000+ cocktails that you can potentially make. Most useful is the inventory feature - which creates a digital catalog of your liquor cabinet and then a list of all the cocktails you can make out of your cabinet.
The app features substitution recommendations when you might be missing an ingredient and a potentially very expensive “increase your options” features which prioritizes bottles to add to your collection based on the number of new recipes a particular bottle might open up to you.
Notes and favorites features allow you to make the app all your own and collect your favorite recipes in a single list.
I recommend this book to anyone from the amateur mixologist to bar tending pro. It is well worth the price I promise.
All these apps are awesome
I have purchase most of these apps at this point. Rating this one, but they are all good. I’ve discovered a bunch of new cocktails I really like. The ingredient inventory feature is what makes these apps so useful. It syncs across all the apps making it even better. I use the “Increase Your Options” list at the liquor store all the time.
One suggestion, it would be great if the “Increase Your Options” list synced across all the apps you own. I find myself toggling between apps when I’m shopping to figure out everything I need. Favorites and Flags sync, this should too.
I think I also found a bug on created lists. I have a list I created called “Want to Try”. I add recipes to it across all the apps to collect things to try next. I’ve noticed that when I remove something from the list after I’ve tried it the drink ends up coming back. I’m guessing it’s resyncing from the other apps, but that’s just a guess. This doesn’t happen with Favorites or Flagged list items.
Overall, I recommend these apps to anyone looking to up their cocktail game. I’ve recommended them to all of my friends.
Much better than the book
Every cocktail lover should have the PDT book (aka the Bible), but they should only pull it out to read or flip through while relaxing on the couch (hopefully with a perfectly balanced cocktail). For all other occasions, just pull out the app and find exactly what you're looking for much faster.
The design of this suite of apps is perfectly suited to the at-home cocktail enthusiast. Input your ingredients once, sync to all other apps (easily authenticating via 1Password support), flag recipes, and drink lovely cocktails. I'm a particular fan of flagging recipes I want to try because the list of flagged recipes shows you results from all installed apps in the suite. Very easy to find a good one to try (likewise with favorites).
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Martin Doudoroff LLC
- 80.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015-2022 Martin Doudoroff LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.