Beachbum Berry’s Total Tiki is the definitive reference for classic and contemporary exotic mixed drinks on your iPad or iPhone.
This unique entertainment resource—the sequel to our five-star Beachbum Berry’s Tiki+—presents exquisite drink recipes researched and meticulously documented by the authority on Tiki cocktails and “Polynesian Pop” exotic drinks: Jeff “Beachbum” Berry. Beachbum Berry is the author of “Sippin’ Safari,” “Beachbum Berry Remixed,” “Beachbum Berry’s Taboo Table” and other books that have resurrected exotic drinks for the current day.
- More than 290 top notch drink recipes including authoritative recipes for the Zombie, Mai Tai, Painkiller, Scorpion and scores of less-known, brilliant refreshments—no bad drinks here!
- Over 250 inspiring vintage and contemporary drink photos!
- Check off the ingredients you’ve got and this app will show you which drinks you can make
- Filter the recipes on multiple criteria with just a few taps
- Flag recipes and tag favorites; create custom lists of recipes
- Annotate recipes with comments and cumulative likes and dislikes and build up a chronological history of your explorations
- Ingredient definitions included
- Sync your ingredient inventory, favorites and flagged, custom lists and journal entries across our entire suite of apps and over as many iOS devices as you like, using our free sync service
- Universal app, works nearly identically on both platforms
Please enjoy responsibly and in moderation!
- fix for dark mode
Ratings and Reviews
My 2nd drink app purchase from this publisher
Though I've made and enjoyed numerous drinks and cocktails over the decades, I never went very far beyond a few comfortable favorites, that is, unless I was sitting at a competent bar somewhere and could order a drink that was outside my comfort zone! Along with "The Bar Book" (Kindle version) by J. Morgenthaler, and this publisher's Easy Cocktails (Shaken and Stirred) app, I feel I've received a fairly inexpensive, but surprisingly thorough, mixology starter course -- that is, inexpensive if you don't count the liquor store bill! Features such as the ability to track your available ingredients (including across their various apps via the included sync service), making journal entries, and knowing what drinks you can build given your current inventory (or with one or two more ingredients), made the cost of this app a non-issue for me. Very useful. Basically, this is what one good cocktail might cost you at a decent Tiki bar! I've only tried a couple of the recipes so far, but am looking forward to many more. I hope lots of fellow drink aficionados will also purchase these apps, such that the publisher will maintain and update this suite of apps for many years to come.
Terrific, tropical Tiki made easy
Okay, so that review title may be a little bit hyperbolic, as we all know that delicious tiki is, by nature, pretty complex. Layers of exotic flavorings and spirits meld together to make an ethereal, boozy experience, but they also usually make for an expensive and hard-to-find shopping list.
This is exactly where the strength of Total Tiki lies. First off, finding a single anthology with this much authentic tiki is all but impossible. Just try. Second, this app makes it so that there is no more thumbing through lengthy books, aimlessly searching for something you think you can make with what’s on hand.
Total Tiki takes the digging and guess work out of finding the perfect cocktail for your tropical evening. Simply selecting the ingredients you have filters down results to the available recipes you can make right then and there. Even better is the feature that auto-applies substitutions based upon your inventory selections. This just further widens your available tiki drink options without requiring you to spend another penny. It’s honestly like having a professional mixologist on standby, catering to your every budget-minded whim.
Back to my original point: tiki isn’t simple. Hasn’t ever been, and never will be (at least not without sacrificing a lot of flavor). However, it doesn’t have to be frustratingly complicated or expensive... and Total Tiki proves it!
Take a sip and slide into your Polynesian pjs, this app is worth the snag.
Fun-tastic app for cocktail fans!
I have learned so much from this app, both from the historical notes about the cocktails and from the amazing amount of information it offers about the various ingredients. You can create an inventory of ingredients you have on hand and then search by “drinks you can make” (or drinks where you may be missing one or two ingredients). I also love the fact that for the most iconic cocktails it has several different recipes, showing the evolution of the cocktail through the decades and as it appeared in different venues.
One fix I would suggest: when you mark a cocktail as “Need to try,” it never leaves that list even after you remove the label and mark it as “Tried/Like.” That seems like an easy correction. (Not a huge thing, but when I’m looking for new drinks to try, it’s a pain to have to go through them all to see if it’s something I truly haven’t had before.)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Martin Doudoroff LLC
- 70.2 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2014-2022 Martin Doudoroff LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.