The Penske Driver™ mobile app is designed to keep Penske commercial customers connected, compliant and informed. The Penske Driver app enables truck drivers to:
• Easily log Hours of Service (HOS) in Penske rental vehicles and comply with the ELD mandate.
• Digitally submit fuel receipts with a simple form and receipt photo.
• Locate Penske Truck Leasing service, rental and fuel locations as well as other locations including: truck stops, parking locations, CNG stations, and public scales.
• Readily access vehicle information, including full visibility into a vehicle’s recent service history.
Thanks for using Penske Driver™. We’ve made the following updates to give you the best experience possible:
- Enhanced help and support in app
Hours of Service:
- Added Cycle Timer to the duty status screen. This allows you to keep track of your remaining on-duty time for a 7 or 8 day cycle.
- Added Recap Screen (within the cycle timer) to view a summary of your on-duty time throughout your cycle, including when a 34-hour reset has been applied
- You can now certify your current day’s log
- Simplified the process to certify a log
- Create a new log for a previous day within the past six months
- App will automatically switch to Driving status from Yard Move status if the vehicle is in motion and reaches 20 mph
- If exempt from Hours of Service rules, you can view your exempt explanation on the detailed log screen and pdf view
- Stability and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Olmos 2 weeks waiting for hours service update
and no body care
Developer Response ,
Please reach out to our Customer Success team at 844-426-4555 so we can get this situation taken care of for you.
This is by far the worst driver app I have used. If I could leave 0 stars I would. I’ve had so many problems with this app I could go on for days but I’ll keep it short. After driving for 5-10 minutes the app says I haven’t been in motion for over 5 minutes and automatically switches me to on duty not driving status. Every. Single. Time. I then have to manually enter my drive time at every stop. If I update it at the end of the day it will sometimes glitch and start me driving at midnight the following day. I actually got a violation during a roadside inspection because of this. I called Penske and they told me they can’t fix it but to put that it was an error in the comments section and a DOT officer would understand. They didn’t. It also doesn’t log the correct mileage or location. It doesn’t let me certify logs sometimes and when I call Penske to fix it they said they’ll get back to me but never do. Save yourself the headache and potential violation and go with another app.
Can’t certify logs
I experience many of the same issues from the other reviews: disconnects from truck intermittently, says I am “on duty not driving” while moving, long load times, etc. The biggest issue I have however is the inability to certify my logs to send them to my fleet manager. There is an issue with the data sync. I called the help desk and was told an update will be released “today” that will solve it. The update was not released I still have weeks of logs that need certifying and I cannot make it work. I don’t have a choice I need to use this app with my truck but if I could I would use literally any other form of logging. This app needs a lot of help!!!
- Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
- 180.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.