Pepperplate is the only app for serious cooks. It has all the tools you need to cook weeknight dinners or host a dinner party for 12. Manage your recipes, create menus, shop with ease and cook like a pro on your iPad and iPhone.
* Pepperplate seamlessly manages recipes, menus and shopping lists on the web, iPad and iPhone.
* Take your iPad into the kitchen and cook your whole menu with multiple timers for each recipe.
* Share your favorite recipes with friends and family via Email, Facebook and Twitter.
* Import recipes from your favorite sites and add your own from cookbooks, magazines or old family recipes.
* Combine recipes into menus for dinner parties or holiday meal planning.
* Organize your meals for the week or month by adding menus and recipes to the schedule.
* Add to the shopping list on the web and it automatically syncs to your iPhone or iPad to take to the store.
* Shopping list is automatically organized to match the order you shop in the grocery store.
* Create your own categories to organize your recipe collection.
* Your collection synchronizes automatically from the website to the iPad and iPhone and is backed up automatically without connecting to a computer.
* Take your entire collection with you to the grocery store or while traveling, no internet connection required.
Terms of Service: https://pepperplate.com/terms.aspx
Ratings and Reviews
Switching to Paprika recipe app
Avoid at all costs! This was my favorite recipe app. That was until they emailed to inform they would be holding my recipes hostage after 14 days if I didn't start paying them $36 per year. That's $360 every ten years. Sorry. Nope. I've done a bunch of research and found a TON of better options out there. Many are free, or have free and paid options. AnyList is a great one, but I think the best out there is Paprika. $5 ONCE (for iOS, and $30 once for Mac app. No web app). Syncing is free. AND they have a method (listed on their support pages of their site) of importing all of your Pepperplate recipes from the database file you can get on the Windows version of Pepperplate (ask a friend if you don't have Windows. It's flawless and imported hundreds of my recipes in less than 2 minutes.) I don't pay for subscription-ware and neither should you, especially when it literally has less features then the much cheaper competition.
Was free, not anymore
I DO NOT LIKE COMPANIES THAT DO THIS!
Do I understand that they need to charge money to keep the business going? Yes.
Do I understand that they replace what was once a free application with a now you have to pay for it to even use get access to your documents? Absolutely not! (And yes, I have gone to the website and downloaded my saved recipes.)
There could have been several different ways that they could of handled this. Keep the free app available for a short time and offer the paid subscription as another separate application. After the short amount of time the free app would no longer get updates and it would of been put to end of life, removing the app from the App Store and leaving the paid application available. People that already downloaded the free app would continue to be able to use it but after a certain number of iOS updates it would stop working due to incompatibles. The recipes for the free app could also be saved locally on the device instead of having to go through a web service.
Keep the subscription service as an available purchase in the app but limit the number of recipes that someone can enter for free.
Best out there
There are a lot of recipe box apps. But not a lot of them have meal planners. This is inexpensive, and does it all. The import feature is amazing, and if you can’t import, you can copy and paste. I’ve been using it for a year and I really have no complaints. It syncs across all my devices, and I have put in 144 recipes. I do wish you could add nutritional info manually but if you can I haven’t figured out how. I guess you could add in notes, but would be nice to have a dedicated box. You can arrange the shopping list according to how you go through the aisles. I use the menu planner than save to shopping list, then add non grocery items. There’s very little you can’t do here.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pepperplate Inc.
- 75.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Pepperplate Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Auto Renew Monthly Membership $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.