The Pharos Print app, part of the Pharos MobilePrint solution, allows you to easily submit content from your iOS device to a Pharos secure print queue. To use this app, Pharos MobilePrint and a Pharos secure print solution must be in place within your organization.
• Easily submit content from your phone or tablet into a Pharos secure print queue.
• Edit your finishing options before you print.
• Preview your document(s) before you print.
• Delete a print job from your Pharos secure print queue.
• View all documents in your Pharos secure print queue.
• View your Available Funds and job cost (when applicable).
• Supports iOS 8.0 and new iPhone and iPad models.
• Supports Pharos MobilePrint 2.0+ with Pharos Uniprint 9.0+
Opening files from other apps via “Open In” and "Sharing" supports the following file formats: Microsoft Office® documents, Microsoft Outlook®, PDF, images (JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP), text files (CSV, RTF & TXT), and OpenOffice documents.
How to use the Pharos Print app
1. Download the Pharos Print app to your iOS device.
2. Connect Pharos Print to your organization’s Pharos MobilePrint server.
a. Open the Pharos Print app.
b. Contact your organization’s IT administrator to obtain the Pharos MobilePrint server information.
c. Enter the Pharos Server Name and Server Port (both are required).
d. Select Connect
i. The Pharos Print app will connect to the Pharos server and display a User Authentication Screen.
3. Authenticate to the Pharos Server.
a. Enter the credentials that you normally use to print (your username and password).
b. Select Log On to enter the Pharos Print app.
4. Use the native iOS “Open In” or the "Sharing" command to submit your print job.
a. Select content in any app that supports “Open In" or "Sharing".
b. Select Open In/Share.
c. Select the Open/Share in Pharos Print icon.
d. Make any desired changes to the finishing options and select Apply Changes to send the content to the Pharos secure print queue.
e. Your content is now ready to be printed at any print device that is connected to your Pharos queue. (You cannot print directly from the Pharos Print app to bypass your organization’s secure print workflow.)
Set finishing options and preview a document
a. Select a print job in your job list.
b. Apply your desired finishing options:
• 1 sided or 2 sided
• Color or Black & White
• Pages per side
• Number of copies
c. Optionally, select the thumbnail to preview the document.
To log off the Pharos Print app, select the gear icon in the upper left corner and select Log Off.
Bug fixes and support for larger screen sizes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Prints come out blurry
I’ve sent a few handwritten documents from the notability app to the Pharos app as PDFs and they frequently print blurry. It seems to not be a printer issue, and other people that I have spoken with here at my school have had similar issues with different documents. Works great otherwise. Updating it to look more native to current versions of iOS and iPadOS would be nice too.
Useless if I cant login
FIX. THE. APP
I really don’t think it’s that hard to move the text or fix the small bug causing the keyboard to block the “Go” button on the login screen. My grandma can make an app better than this it’s pathetic
IU student here
It worked well the first few times, but when I installed it on two different devices, it quit working. I tried to print something and it didn't show up in the queue. Other than that, an improvement that you should make is to add an option of a page range that you would like to print.
- Pharos Systems International
- 73.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Copyright 2017 © Pharos Systems International, All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.