Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint, as well as create advanced image compositions on iPad and iPhone alike.
Pixelmator has everything you need — whether you’re a mobile photographer, mobile painter, or mobile graphic designer — all in one easy-to-use app.
Designed exclusively for iOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS 14 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Advanced Photo Editing
• Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
• Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color correction presets
• Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
• Easily remove color casts and set the right white balance
• Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
• Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
• Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
• Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
• Open and edit images of up to 100 megapixels
Full-Featured Painting App
• Paint stunning images right on your iPhone and iPad
• Choose from more than 100 artist-designed brushes and numerous painting techniques
• Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
• Create stunning pixel art images with the custom-designed Pixel brush
• Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
• Smudge colors of an image for smooth color blends
• Vary the speed of your stroke to change brush thickness of some of the brushes
• Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured Color Picker
• Instantly choose colors right from your image with the Eyedropper
• Use layers to isolate and blend elements of your painting
• Paint more naturally than ever with the Apple Pencil on your iPad Pro, featuring palm rejection, pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity
• Enjoy perfectly seamless painting thanks to the Pixelmator Paint Engine
• Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone
• Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
• Insert, group, merge, and blend layers of an image
• Add text and make it look beautiful with a full set of text-styling settings
• Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
• Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of the 32 blending modes
• Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
• Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
• Easily remove image background or cut and paste objects from one image to another
• Open, edit, and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save images using PSD, JPEG, PNG, and many other popular formats
• Import HEIF images
• Save your images directly to your Photos app
• Store and access images in iCloud Drive
iCloud and Sharing
• Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to iCloud support
• Share your artwork with friends and family via email
• Instantly publish your images to social platforms like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
Designed for iOS 14
Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iOS 14. Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS features and technologies and engineered to leverage the full power of 64-bit architecture, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness.
Pixelmator 2.6.3 brings one new keyboard shortcut and a few fixes.
• You can now select the Clone tool by pressing the O key.
• When exporting images with transparency to PNG, their transparency would not be preserved. Fixed.
• In certain cases, a flattened version of incompatible Pixelmator files would be opened automatically without explaining why they were incompatible. Fixed.
• Sometimes, certain brushes would not appear in the brushes browser. Fixed.
• Undoing edits using keyboard shortcuts while using the selection tools would cause the redo stack to be cleared. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator in general? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and Reviews
Pixelmator sets a new standard for photo editing on iPhone and iPad with a suite of staggeringly powerful tools. Combining gorgeous templates, intuitive touch-screen controls, and completely customizable effects, this full-featured editor is in a class all its own. Plus, with seamless syncing using iCloud Drive, it doesn’t matter where the project was started—you can keep editing on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
New update is awesome, but still a few missing things
Really love the new keyboard and trackpad support—really makes it feel like a pro app. Thanks for fixing the issues with selection editing with the keyboard too!
As some of the other reviews mentioned, the UI is definitely a little clunky especially on big iPad screens—especially the two modal screens you have to go through to choose a specific brush or selection type. The keyboard shortcuts make this a lot easier, but I don’t always have access to a keyboard (like when I’m drawing with Apple Pencil). Would love to have a tool sidebar kind of like the desktop Pixelmator app!
There’s also some keyboard functionality missing like being able to select multiple layers/objects on the canvas with Shift or Command.
A nice little bonus would be to have enhanced pointer shapes with brushes, erasers, etc. What if we had bigger pointers for larger brush sizes? Maybe a crosshair for more precise sizes? How about a unique pointer shape for the pixel brush tool, which also has pointer snapping to each pixel for even more precision? So many possibilities to make this a really unique experience for the iPad.
It would also be nice to have support for multiple windows to make working with multiple docs at the same time easier. Totally understand if this can’t be done due to app memory limits though…
Developer Response ,
Hey there, keyboard shortcuts with selections should be working just as you expect — could you email us at email@example.com about this with more details about your device and workflows? We'd love to take a closer look at why it's not working for you!
Lovely little app
I’ve had this app for a very long time, never took the time to learn how to use it. I like easy quick fast and fun. Years later, cleaning up my phone opened this app, I had forgotten about. To my amazement, it has turned into the only app I use to edit and design with. I have learned through the method of “school of hard knocks” I dislike reading and generally can not focus long enough for information read to sink in. I suppose I’d rather waste several hours using the trial and error Method than a few seconds or minutes of reading. 🙄 I am still stumbling onto the amazing things you can do with Pixelmator. I have Pixelmator pro on my Mac and I love it! I don’t quite understand what the hype is about other main editing apps and programs are all about and the weird idea of having to pay monthly or yearly to use them? Pixelmator just can’t be beat. With that said, stop thinking about which app to get and we’ll I’ll decide for you, Pixelmator hands down is the way you need to go. 👍
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 176.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.