Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint, as well as create advanced image compositions on iPad and iPhone alike.
Pixelmator has everything you need — whether you’re a mobile photographer, mobile painter, or mobile graphic designer — all in one easy-to-use app.
And it works seamlessly with Mac as well, so you can start creating on iPhone or iPad and continue right where you left off on your Mac.
Designed exclusively for iOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS 13 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Advanced Photo Editing
• Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
• Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color correction presets
• Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
• Easily remove color casts and set the right white balance
• Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
• Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
• Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
• Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
• Open and edit images of up to 100 megapixels
Full-Featured Painting App
• Paint stunning images right on your iPhone and iPad
• Choose from more than 100 artist-designed brushes and numerous painting techniques
• Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
• Create stunning pixel art images with the custom-designed Pixel brush
• Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
• Smudge colors of an image for smooth color blends
• Vary the speed of your stroke to change brush thickness of some of the brushes
• Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured Color Picker
• Instantly choose colors right from your image with the Eyedropper
• Use layers to isolate and blend elements of your painting
• Paint more naturally than ever with the Apple Pencil on your iPad Pro, featuring palm rejection, pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity
• Enjoy perfectly seamless painting thanks to the Pixelmator Paint Engine
• Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone
• Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
• Insert, group, merge, and blend layers of an image
• Add text and make it look beautiful with a full set of text-styling settings
• Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
• Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of the 32 blending modes
• Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
• Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
• Easily remove image background or cut and paste objects from one image to another
• Open, edit, and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save images using PSD, JPEG, PNG, and many other popular formats
• Import HEIF images
• Save your images directly to your Photos app
• Store and access images in iCloud Drive
iCloud and Sharing
• Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to iCloud support
• Share your artwork with friends and family via email
• Instantly publish your images to social platforms like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
Designed for iOS 13
Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iOS 13. Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS features and technologies and engineered to leverage the full power of 64-bit architecture, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness.
Pixelmator 2.5.5 brings a few improvements to the Export sheet and adds some fixes to keep the app running smoothly.
• After choosing an export format, it’s now possible to go back and change it.
• When exporting images, the file extension will now be displayed when choosing the export location.
• The Export sheet will now display the file info of the file being shared: its name, size, and format.
• Album thumbnails in the Photos browser will now load more quickly.
• Sometimes, after selecting image areas, the selections would actually be completely empty and it would not be possible to edit them. Fixed.
• In certain cases, the What’s New screen would not appear after updating. Fixed.
• Attempting to open an image in the Pixelmator editing extension in Photos would sometimes cause the extension to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• In iOS 11 and iOS 12, opening Pixelmator documents would sometimes cause the app to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator for iOS in general? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pixelmator sets a new standard for photo editing on iPhone and iPad with a suite of staggeringly powerful tools. Combining gorgeous templates, intuitive touch-screen controls, and completely customizable effects, this full-featured editor is in a class all its own. Plus, with seamless syncing using iCloud Drive, it doesn’t matter where the project was started—you can keep editing on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
Fantastic for the price. Needs a few things to simplify the work flow. Most importantly it needs a way to check the last edit against the original without using undo. Sounds minor. It’s not! Easy to get confused and clearly begins to slow the iPad down after a lengthy series of rapid edits and reviews. It is also nearly impossible to keep similar but slightly different photos straight without opening and closing images fingers crossed.
Less importantly, but just slightly is that the controls can be both over sensitive causing unintended UI behaviors that have occasionally destroyed an hour's work in half a second, or just causes general frustration. I'm looking at you, Jack-in-the-box-now-you-see-me-now-you-don’t Layers Pane; and your lousy buddy: Move Image Whether-you-want-to-or-Not.
The worst is when the Layers pane triggers and you try to close it, it usually applies the tool you were in the middle of using to the edge of the canvas. Sigh!
In the larger amazingness of what this app allows you to do with you images these are often just minor issues that occasionally get in the way. Other days they make me take months long I Just Want to See Other Apps Breaks... But I always return...
Great app for photo editing it’s worth the money.
My overall impression of this app is really good being someone that’s experienced and using Photoshop and therefore being kind of spoiled, I really like this app.
I do have a couple of small grapes with this app.
One feature that all editing software should have as you should be able to crop you’re photos to a specific set size. Let’s say I’m working on a photo that’s already preset For Blu-ray dimensions I should be able to go up in the top left-hand corner and pull the cropping tool all the way down so that it extends from one side of the photo to the other, You should be able to slide the crop box area up and down your photo to select where you want to crop and then crop that photo to your specified dimensions.
The second Feature that is missing In this app is save as a tiff file, if you’re an experienced photographer you should know already that if you’re going to edit your file you need to convert it as a tiff file first, the reason for this is most other photo files are compressed like a JPEG file for instance, when you’re editing a compressed photo file and then save that file over again your recompressing the file again causing a artifacts in your photos which completely defeats the purpose of editing your photo In the first place.
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 175.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.