Pocket Yoga 4+
Practice yoga anywhere
One time cost. No subscription!
With Pocket Yoga you can keep up with your practice at your own pace in the comforts of your own home. Simply roll out your mat, place your device in front, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through your entire session.
Choose between 27 different sessions of varying duration and difficulty. Learn the poses with the pose dictionary containing detailed explanations of the correct posture, alignment, and benefits.
• Soothing, detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose.
• Expertly designed practices by experienced yoga instructors.
• Over 500 beautifully illustrated pose images show correct posture and alignment.
• Dictionary of poses containing the descriptions and benefits of each pose.
• Quickly preview a practice to see if it is right for you before you start.
• Maintains an ongoing log of all your yoga practices to track your progress.
• Practices designed by experienced yoga instructors.
• Built-in soothing music relaxes you while you practice.
‣ Selected as "Editors' Choice" by Apple
‣ Listed among the “15 Best Beauty Apps” - InStyle
‣ Featured by Apple in "Get in Shape", "Let's Get Moving", "10 Essentials" and "New and Noteworthy"
• 10 additional poses
• Technical fixes
NEW POSES ADDED
1) One Legged Crane II
2) Side Supported Headstand with Lotus Legs
3) Side One Legged Supported Headstand
4) Bound Lizard
5) Crescent Lunge on the Knee with Triceps Stretch
6) Crescent Lunge with Triceps Stretch
7) Side One Legged Shoulder Stand
8) Side Shoulder Stand
9) Supine Straddle
10) Supine Foot to Head
If you’re enjoying Pocket Yoga, please leave us a review or rating in the App Store. It really helps us. Namaste!
Ratings and Reviews
Best yoga app!
What a fantastic yoga app! It's so relaxing while also challenging. I find it a great way to practice at home. It also has a cool list of poses which is great when you're trying to learn something new.
For the Price its absolutely worth it.
For the price you can't beat it. I go to yoga class when I can, but because my work requires me to travel almost 70% now I rarely have the opportunity to go. This is amazing for anyone on the go. I've used this app several times in the hotel, no need for an internet connection just your computer and a charger if you're running low on juice. Put it in full screen and you should have no problems viewing it accross the room. Most people gain weight when away on business, I've lost it and toned up considerably with this app.
The cons of this program are that it is repetitive and a little difficult to go from a beginner to an advanced without someone making sure you are balanced and level. But this is just a consequence on the price and that its an app. Don't expect to have your yoga instructor on your computer screen, but was made by a team that knows what they are doing.
Best on-the-go yoga app, but may be confusing for the inexperienced
For the new yoga student, the app may seem quick -- however, Gaiam teaches a Vinyasa based style yoga which is focused on flowing (moving smoothly from pose to pose in accordance with breath rhythm). Flowing does grow much quicker towards the end of the practice, but that is in order to build and improve. But after all, yoga is not 'relaxing stretching' -- yoga is always work. For the student who (mistakenly) thinks that yoga is just about going slowly from pose to pose, this type of yoga will not befit them well. However, the app is indeed limited in its lack of transition explanation, and the fact that the student watching the animated figure does not see how to appropriately get into the next pose -- this is unfortunate, as the sequence of transition is just as important as getting into a pose. Gaiam might also do well to explain more in detail what kind of yoga they teach, and what a 'vinyasa' is. These are the main limitations for the app, but overall, the app is a fun and excellent tool for intermediate and even advanced students to keep up their practice at home and on the go.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rainfrog, LLC
- 190.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2022 Rainfrog, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.