Express Dictate is a voice recorder for iPhone. You dictate directly on your device using the controls. When done, tap send and the dictation will be compressed and sent to your typist by email automatically.
For ease of use, operation of the record and playback features is designed to closely mimic that of old style dictation recorders. You can also playback, rewind, insert or overwrite as required using the keys on the front.
This dictation voice recorder is designed to have all the features you need as easy to use as possible and reliable for day-to-day operation. By installing Express Dictate you will quickly find it will replace your old dictaphone, and by using the internet to send dictations, will also improve the turnaround on typing.
Express Dictate Free Features:
* Record and playback dictation using the controls on the device.
* Editing, inserting and overwriting. You can select between record overwrite, record insert and record end modes.
* Optional voice activated recording. When selected Express Dictate only records while you are speaking.
* Automatic compression of audio files to reduce upload times and storage requirements.
* Sends recording in compressed wave (wav) or dictation (dct) file formats.
* Files can be sent via FTP, email, and iTunes.
All files sent by Express Dictate can be transcribed by the free foot pedal controlled transcriber software Express Scribe Transcription Player Software.
*Please backup ALL dictations before upgrading from a previous version*
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
*Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great and fast Dictation recorder. It gets you voice recording out fast!
Awesome service by DT Systems and app
Been using this for 8 years and love it!!! DT Systems is the best for medical dictation and services. Great rates and next day dictations.
21st Century Dictaphone
This app really is like a traditional Dictaphone, down to the rewind and fast forward chatter sounds! Because it is digital, you can easily insert sections in the middle of the tape, and overwrite dictation when you change your mind about the wording. When you are interrupted by a phone call or emergency, you can rewind to remember where you left off, then resume. You can add on later even after starting a new recording. You can set the sensitivity level for the voice activation feature so that it doesn't pick up your breathing or mouse clicks.
Be aware that it will continue to record after the screen goes into power save mode, so if you are done recording, you should manually hit the "stop" button on the screen so you don't accidentally record something you didn't intend to. The recording does stop when you open a new app.
Paired with a pedal-style USB transcriber and accompanying software, you can have a complete dictation/transcription system for your small office for a much more reasonable price than the Dictaphone systems used to cost. Also, unlike many of the other dictation apps, this one doesn't force you to use its pool of transcribers--you can email the recording to your secretary for transcription.
The developer, NCH Software, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- NCH Software
- 9.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 by NCH Software. All Rights Reserved. NCH Software, NCH products and their respective logos are trademarks of NCH Software.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Dictation $4.99
- All Current Features $9.99
- Remove Ads $1.99
- Voice Activated Recording $4.99
- ExpressDictate Professional $9.99