Police Scanner +⁺ 17+
Police Scanner Pro Edition
Designed for iPad
No hidden subscription fees! Listen to tens of thousands of live police, fire, ems, NOAA weather, air traffic control tower, railroad and other radio frequencies
This professional grade police scanner app now has the most stations available with improved reliability. Upgrade now and gain access to exclusive feeds with new ones added daily. Find out why the new Police Scanner + app is now everyone's favorite app.
- The largest collection of police, fire, EMS, airport, railroad, comedy, talk, and music stations.
- Read about active events going on at the moment along with the station that is current playing the audio from that event
- Record stations for future playback and for emailing an mp3 copy to yourself or others
- Set an alarm in the app and wake up to your favorite station
- Listen to our app while you sleep and set a timer to stop the station at a certain time
- View the current artist and song name that is playing
- Run the app in the background and do other things on your device while you listen to the app
- Choose your own background from your photo library
- Chat with other listeners
- Tweet the station and song you're listening to your Twitter followers
- Notifications are enabled to notify you of the current song that the station changed to while the app is in the background
- Save a station to your favorites for quick and easy access
- List and search radio stations by popularity, genre, song name, and artist
- List scanner stations by popularity and location
- Use your device's GPS to easily find stations located near you
- The screen glows blue and red on the bottom to the beat of the music or whenever someone talks
- The rings in the center of the player act as a clock
- Add your own custom stations
- This app is compatible with most iPod/iPhone docks, bluetooth devices, and other iPod devices
- Remove ads
- Use the app on compatible Macs
- Get bonus feeds (more airport, music, railroad, weather, and police feeds)
- Police siren (lights & sounds)
- Exclusive stations
- Early access to newly added stations
- Localized police codes
- Download new themes/backgrounds
- Gain access to scanner station archives (listen to recordings from up to 30 days ago)
- Support the indie developer community
Your purchase will directly contribute to the indie app developer community and help maintain our servers. Thanks for your support!
Improved the ability to connect and reconnect to radio stations. Fixed echoing bug.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve had this app for years
I first got this app in 2017. I used to put on neighboring cities and counties to see what was up in the areas. The app is stable and lets you know if a feed is offline. I’ve had no connectivity issues thus far and I have been able to connect the app via Bluetooth to my car for on the go listening. This app is much better than most of these other ones you can get. I highly recommend this app, especially the pro version if you want to relax and go without ads.
One issue I noticed: the app stops audio whenever you switch apps and let it run in the background. I’m not sure why but it’s done this a couple of times thus far. Although it’s rare, there is still the chance of it occurring.
Addictive, Informative... Love it
Been hooked on scanner traffic for years. This app gives you the ability to listen to many locales. My town is small compared to the big cities on here but has its share of crime and other issues. I particularly enjoy streaming the app to my vehicle when driving through town. We've all driven by those multiple police or fire vehicles and wondered what was happening. With this app, you'll know. So many things that go on in a community that are never reported on the news and with a scanner app like this, you can be prepared or aware.
Obviously, the information you hear on the scanner is delayed slightly (usually a few seconds) but for the most part it's pretty much real time. So addicted, love it!
I’ve used this app for a few years...
If you’re reviewing apps and trying to decide on one, I’d recommend this one, with only 1 bit of advice...
The free app has everything I needed for years, BUT it also comes with a TON of pop-up ads.... its tolerable unless you’ve got a sensitive touch screen like mine. The ads run at the bottom and with a slight movement above them they will trigger.
Some of these adds will not provide a close mark (X) for up to a full minute and there are some that won’t close and always take you to their website. I had to close the app all together to get these types of obnoxious adds off.
I get why they’re on there, businesses wanna make money. But some of these are just ridiculous .. maybe Admin should locate the apps that don’t show a X, renegotiate those contracts... I’ve actually vowed to NEVER support those pop-up... that’s just me.
However, I recently purchased the app (to stop the ads mainly) but it’s a small charge that seems like a good price to pay to stop those ads.
💯 love the app, easy to use and fun to listen to things happening in almost anywhere in the world. If anyone has read this looonnnggg review, I’m amazed and you won’t be disappointed when you use it! 🇺🇸👌🇺🇸
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rego Apps, LLC
- 68 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Rego Apps LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.