From practical advice on everything DIY to the latest technological advancements in every field, Popular Mechanics always delivers the news and know-how that interests you most.
SUBSCRIBE NOW AND GET YOUR FIRST ISSUE FREE! Don't forget, you can also get free access to issues with a timed preview (on your iPhone, too!).
Plus, share app content with your favorite social networks. Using a simple two-finger tap, actual images of the content itself are “clipped” and can be sent directly to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Pinterest, or via email or saved to your photo roll.
Download our free app today! Select the issue you'd like to purchase, or sign up with a subscription and save!
Please note that you must have iOS 10.0 or higher installed on your device to use this app.
Popular Mechanics Magazine US Pricing:
• Subscription 1 Month - USD 1.99*
• Subscription 1 Year - USD 19.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
This release includes bug fixes and general stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is my one remaining digital publication and I am looking to get more. Not only is the price great, but I don’t have to search for it and if I’m done, it isn’t necessary to recycle it. When I go to my summer house, it follows me! However, it has been succeedingly difficult to get my download. I get notes like wrong ID format , notifications of new providers, subscription expired. I’m paid up into 2020 through HEARST on line and about every other issue I have trouble opening the issue. Hearst confirms my script! I still don’t know who is the magazine source or where to turn for help. So I ‘m using this and MAZ and PM that should have been e magazines.
The way to subscribe
I’m glad Pop Mech has allowed for an all-digital subscription that’s actually better than what you can get in paper form. Many other publications force you to also subscribe to the paper version, which is superfluous with a digital copy. I like how I don’t have to download all the issues onto my device, since all of them are available in the cloud any time. I like being given a choice of how to access the content (as a sort of browser or as a more book-style PDF). This is digital content done right.
Great app, but new version not working.
The interface is not working well on my iPad Pro. ‘Contents” button does not work. Swiping and scrolling do not always work.
- Hearst Communications, Inc.
- 48.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Popular Mechanics is published by Hearst Magazines Division, Hearst Communications, Inc. © 2015. Popular Mechanics is a registered trademark of Hearst Communications, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Popular Mechanics Interactive $1.99
- Popular Mechanics Interactive $19.99
- Pop Mechanics-Magazine-November 2010 $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.