Power Planner is the ultimate homework planner for students, featuring online sync, grade calculation, automatic reminders, and more!
With Power Planner's online account, you can stay on top of homework assignments and schedule from wherever you are.
Power Planner lets you manage semesters, enter classes with time schedules and room locations, add assignments and exams, receive automatic reminders about upcoming homework, and more.
Grade and GPA calculation is also fully supported, letting you know exactly what your GPA is across multiple semesters.
The paid version (one-time purchase) unlocks the ability to add more than five grades per class, use multiple semesters, and more. It is purchased through an in-app purchase, and when you buy Power Planner once, you unlock it everywhere. However, the free version is still perfectly functional.
Bug fixes for iOS 9/10
Ratings and Reviews
This is Your App
I have tried basically every student planner app, and PowerPlanner is hands down my favorite. This app is a beast, offering not only the standard assortment of features like class schedule and assignment tracker, but also rarer features like Grade tracker and even a “What if?” mode, which allows you to play with your grades and see where you think you stand in a class, as well as what you need to pull the final grade you want. Sadly, that feature is currently only available on the PC version, but I highly recommend using both.
While I recommend this app for both high school and college, it has been a life safer for me in college. I owe 3 of my As last semester, in part, to PowerPlanner. On one of them, the teacher miscalculated my final grade in the class, which I only caught because this app told me what it should have been. For the other two classes, it showed me that my final grades were borderline (just below 89.5) before my professors posted final grades. This gave me time to contact them and request they round up my final grades, which they both kindly did.
That is just a brief overview of my experience with this app for a single semester. I honestly have nothing bad to say about it as of yet. Definitely give it a try.
Power Planner is helping me survive law school
I’m very picky with my planners/planner apps and Power Planner is the best one I’ve ever used. It’s been an absolute lifesaver for hybrid law school. I love the interface and the options it has available. The dev also seems to really care about listening to users and taking their requests into account!
- Several different ways to view schedule and assignments (calendar, day, agenda, and schedule). Day view is my favorite because it allows you to see your schedule and tasks for two days all at once
- Organization and color coding. It’s super easy to input your course information and keep everything neat
- Notes and links. Being able to add notes and links to tasks/events has made it super easy to keep track of details and add links to virtual meetings
- Multi-platform support. I love having my planner on both my phone and my computer
- Custom reminders. I know it’s been a popular request but I’ll add another vote for it!
- Show the time of all events on day view. Right now it only shows the times for classes and events are just blocked off on the schedule. It would be great to see the start and end times of everything at a glance without scrolling back up to the event details or clicking on it
Developer Response ,
Thanks Jennr for the excellent and thorough review! Every vote for custom reminders helps (I really need to find some time to add that feature)! And interesting suggestion about showing start/end times of the tasks/events on the day schedule preview, I hadn't thought about that, I'll add that to the backlog of requests and see if that info can be added in without cluttering too much! Not sure if/when I can get to that, but it's on my list!
Cheap Pro Version
This planner is great! Helps me stay organized and one of my favorite features is the grade tracker. It syncs to my google calendar so I can see due dates in my calendar app. The developer did something very rare these days. A lifetime purchase of the pro version. As of this review the pro version is $1.99 super cheap. With this you unlock the ability to create more than one semester as well as other useful features. Nowadays everything is subscription based. Which is fine for some things but to charge a monthly subscription for a school planner I think is greedy. I greatly appreciate the developer understanding that college students don’t have a ton on $$$ to spend on subscriptions. Thank you for creating this app!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BareBones Dev, LLC
- 73.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 BareBones Dev, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium version $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.