The original & best audiobook app for Plex.
• Stream your audiobook collection from anywhere in the world
• Never lose your place: Prologue remembers playback position across all your audiobooks, synced via iCloud
• Download books for playing any time, even when offline*
• Organise audiobooks into collections*
• Listening history
• Reading list
• Variable playback speed (from 0.5x to 3x)
• Custom sleep timers: stop playback at specific time, after a specific duration, or at the end of chapter
• Automatically rewind after pauses and interruptions
• Voice boost: equalise voices and boost volume for loud environments
• Shortcuts and suggestions
* Feature requires a one time purchase to unlock
• Fixed multiple audio streams playing under some circumstances
• Minor fixes
• Updated translations
• Fixed an issue causing unexpected playback in background (sorry about that!)
• Fixed a memory leak
• Fixed an issue where finished books were not removed from the “Continue Reading” home section
• Fixed an issue causing collection action buttons (e.g. download) to not show on iPad
• Internally reworked how book progress is tracked in the app. I’m hoping this fixes the issues some users are seeing with loss of progress
• Fixed a crash on launch
• Reduced app size by ~30%
• Updated Chinese (simplified) translations
• New family-shareable premium tier. Users on the existing Premium tier can upgrade from the Settings tab
• Redesigned purchase view
• An error message will now be displayed on the Home tab when Plex authentication fails (e.g. after a password change)
• Enable text selection for book / collection titles, author names and summaries
• Library contents are now visible during initial collection/playlist metadata load
• Fixed an issue causing author list to scroll to top when an author is selected
• [CarpPlay] Chapter skip buttons now respect the current system theme
• Fixed a crash on import
Ratings and Reviews
Not only does it sync effortlessly with Plex and immediately across my devices, but it was built by someone who loves audiobooks. It was the easiest money I've spent on an app since Anki.
The app is sleek and packed with helpful features on both the iPhone and Mac Mini. The metadata from Plex (Audnexus agent) syncs over and looks amazing on here. There's many playback speed choices, a sleep timer, and a voice boost that works well. But the feature I love most is the bookmarking ability for notes. Previously with the "Books" app, I would have to screenshot where I was at in the audiobook for every note that I wanted to take (later when finished with the book). I would even add text to the screenshot sometimes in Markup, to make sure I filed the note correctly. But not anymore. Every audiobook "Summary Page" has three tabs below all of the book info: Chapters, Bookmarks, and History. And in the Bookmarks tab, all your bookmarks, along with any optional notes that you can type with them, are filed neatly, and the audiobook jumps to each bookmark when tapped. It's incredible and such a time saver from what I was doing. Incredible app. I'm sure I'll find more good things about after this first day of use.
A must have for anyone listening to books on Plex
This app is better than audible or the plex app by far. The embedded chapters and bookmark features work really well. I’m disappointed with Audible on how very few books have titled chapters. With this app, however, I can take actually title my own books. Before finding this app, I always had doubts on whether my friends and family could easily use Plex for audiobooks. You had to know where to click on an audiobook to actually resume it. And for audiobooks with multiple files? Forget ever trying to resume your spot In an audiobook if you even thought about playing other media. I could live with all of those shortcomings, but I’ve always had the thought in the back of my mind that some of my family and friends would do better sticking with Audible. All those pain points are no longer a thing, and I can recommend using audiobooks with Plex now, thanks to this app.
Also, the developer has been super responsive. I can tell that continuous improvement is important to him, and this gives me confidence in this app. Can’t say the same about Plex’s support for audiobooks (don’t get me wrong, I love Plex for movies and tv shows).
Would be 5 stars except for ONE thing
I love this app and use it literally every day. Paid for premium because it's worth every cent and more. My audiobook collection is.. large.. and so I'm usually searching instead of just browsing. My issue is that search is limited to 15 results. For example, I have 36 books by Bernard Cornwell in my library. Searching Bernard Cornwell only displays 15 (as far as I can tell, randomly, as books within series are scattered). Same thing searching for books read by my favorite narrators- 15 results max even on narrators I know I've got 20-30 books by in my library. Is it even possible to make it so searching gives you all results from your library or am I asking for something that can't be done for some reason?
Developer Response ,
An option to show all search results is coming in the next update (v3.2)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lachlan Charlick
- 37 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Lachlan Charlick
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $5.99
- Premium (Family Upgrade) $5.99
- Premium (Family) $12.99
- Large tip $5.99
- Small tip $0.99
- Medium tip $2.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.