The best audiobook app for Plex.
• Stream your audiobook collection from anywhere in the world
• Never lose your place: Prologue remembers playback position across all your audiobooks, synced via iCloud
• Download books for playing any time, even when offline*
• Organise audiobooks into collections*
• Supports chapter markers from m4b and mp3 files
• Listening history
• Adjust playback speed from 0.5x to 3x
• Custom sleep timers: stop playback at specific time, after a specific duration, or at the end of chapter
• Voice boost: equalise voices and boost volume for loud environments
• Shortcuts and suggestions
* Feature requires a one time purchase to unlock
• Books in the Reading List can now be reordered by dragging and dropping (order is synced via iCloud)
• New refresh library button on Home tab
• Pull to refresh library on Home, Book, Author and Collection tabs
• Libraries are automatically refreshed in the background when device is charging
• The "Refresh Now" button under Settings > Metadata should no longer cause the app to hang when loading a large number of files
• Opening the app from the widget will no longer display a duplicate book view if that book is already displayed
• Additional Voice Over actions mirroring those available from the context menu
Ratings and Reviews
Not only does it sync effortlessly with Plex and immediately across my devices, but it was built by someone who loves audiobooks. It was the easiest money I've spent on an app since Anki.
The app is sleek and packed with helpful features on both the iPhone and Mac Mini. The metadata from Plex (Audnexus agent) syncs over and looks amazing on here. There's many playback speed choices, a sleep timer, and a voice boost that works well. But the feature I love most is the bookmarking ability for notes. Previously with the "Books" app, I would have to screenshot where I was at in the audiobook for every note that I wanted to take (later when finished with the book). I would even add text to the screenshot sometimes in Markup, to make sure I filed the note correctly. But not anymore. Every audiobook "Summary Page" has three tabs below all of the book info: Chapters, Bookmarks, and History. And in the Bookmarks tab, all your bookmarks, along with any optional notes that you can type with them, are filed neatly, and the audiobook jumps to each bookmark when tapped. It's incredible and such a time saver from what I was doing. Incredible app. I'm sure I'll find more good things about after this first day of use.
A must have for anyone listening to books on Plex
This app is better than audible or the plex app by far. The embedded chapters and bookmark features work really well. I’m disappointed with Audible on how very few books have titled chapters. With this app, however, I can take actually title my own books. Before finding this app, I always had doubts on whether my friends and family could easily use Plex for audiobooks. You had to know where to click on an audiobook to actually resume it. And for audiobooks with multiple files? Forget ever trying to resume your spot In an audiobook if you even thought about playing other media. I could live with all of those shortcomings, but I’ve always had the thought in the back of my mind that some of my family and friends would do better sticking with Audible. All those pain points are no longer a thing, and I can recommend using audiobooks with Plex now, thanks to this app.
Also, the developer has been super responsive. I can tell that continuous improvement is important to him, and this gives me confidence in this app. Can’t say the same about Plex’s support for audiobooks (don’t get me wrong, I love Plex for movies and tv shows).
I started a book club with some family members just as a way to keep in touch with one another as we are separated in different countries and states here in the US. At first we were doing only physical books and ebooks but we started incorporating audiobooks for convenience. Since I’ve always had a Plex library the first thing that came to mind was to add the audiobooks to my library for all of us to listen too and have access.
Prologue has been a phenomenal find! It syncs perfectly with my Plex library and even allows each person to choose their Plex profile! I’ve had literally zero issues as I’ve used this application. The developer is also amazing and super quick to respond to feedback.
Cannot recommend enough!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lachlan Charlick
- 27.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Lachlan Charlick
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $5.99
- Large tip $5.99
- Small tip $0.99
- Medium tip $2.99
Get things done within this app using just your voice.