Protake brings the filmmaking experience of professional cinema cameras to your mobile devices.
No matter you're a daily vlogger, a commercial director, or a well-established filmmaker, you will benefit from Protake's features, including:
# [NEW] WI-FI VIDEO TRANSMISSION
· In the landscape orientation of AUTO and PRO modes, you can start the brand new Wi-Fi Video Transmission system.
· You can transmit the video from 1 "camera" to 4 "monitors" (yes, we're talking about iPhones and iPads).
· You can watch up to 4 "cameras" on 1 "monitor".
· You can wirelessly start and stop the recording of all "cameras".
· You can even monitor HDR and SDR video streams on the same screen.
· It's a ground-breaking end-to-end mobile recording and monitoring experience.
· It's brought to you by Protake.
· AUTO mode: a mode optimized for vloggers and YouTubers, you can use it single-handedly.
· PRO mode: a mode designed for professional filmmakers. All the camera information and control settings are well aligned on the screen.
· DUAL mode: recording video with two cameras working at the same time. Recorded in one file as Picture in Picture or two files.
· PORTRAIT mode: with iPhone Pro and iPad Pro's LiDAR sensor and the devices' powerful processors, you can record "portrait mode video" with real-time blurred background.
· LOG: it's not only a genuine LOG gamma curve -- we strictly matched your mobile device's color to the industrial standard - ALEXA Log C.
· Cinematic Looks: we provided a dozen of cinematic looks for filmmakers -- the styles are categorized into Neutral Styles, Film Emulation (classic Kodak and Fuji cinema film), Movie Inspired (blockbusters and indie masterpieces), and ALEXA Looks.
· Monitoring tools: Waveform, Parade, Histogram, RGB Histogram, Audio Meter.
· Composition assistants: Aspect Ratios, Safe Area, Thirds, Crosshairs, and 3-axis Horizon Indicators.
· Exposure assistants: Zebra Strips，False Color, Exposure Compensation, Auto Exposure.
· Focus assistants: Focus Peaking and Auto Focus.
· Recording: Record Beeper, Record Flash, Volume Key Record.
· Zooming and Focusing: A-B Point.
· Frame Rate Normalization: Mobile devices don't have perfect frame rate control, therefore, it's easy to get non-standard variable frame rate. Protake solves this problem fundamentally and makes strictly constant FPS of 24, 25, 30, 60, 120, etc.
· File-naming: All the video files saved by Protake use the standard naming system: Camera Unit + Reel Number + Clip Count + Date + Suffix. It's something like "A001C00203_200412_IR8J.MOV"... Sounds familiar?
· Metadata: Everything including device model, ISO, shutter angel, white balance, lens, connected accessories, location, are all well recorded in the file's metadata.
· Time code: We provided both options for you -- Free Run and Record Run. It's compatible with your cinema cameras.
· With a Protake+ membership, you can use all the features, including: Pro mode, LOG gamma curve, Protake Cinematic Looks, all the assistant tools, data management, 3rd-party accessories.
· Protake+ provides 1-year membership for you to purchase;
· Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase;
· Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period;
· Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period;
· The renewal price for 1-year membership is USD 19.99.
· You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase;
Multiple bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Far more than just a great value
Pros: Amazing manual controls; focus/ zoom/ exposure/ ISO. Color grading in recording with impressive selection of profiles including LOG and profile intensity. Support for 1.33 Anamorphic lenses, and a powerful AUTO camera mode for when you’re in a rush.
Cons: No control over bitrate quality for those who seek to export and professionally color correct/ color grade in post in their respective selected editors. Only major drawback I can see most people having.
Overall: I’d be nitpicking to put anything else against this camera app. The software is powerful and reliable, no crashing, interface is very easy to use and intuitive. All the features offered here versus the competition, this is far more than a value, it’s a steal. So if you don’t need the overwhelming deep dive into every control and detail like Filmic Pro, this camera app is for you.
The BEST Pro Cam App for iPhone
TL:DR - 100% worth the price. An absolute essential tool for all of my work.
Can it really be better than Filmic Pro? YES! Since purchasing, I'm all in on using this app daily in my video production businuess.
Unlike Filmic Pro, the phone never overheats and breaks the footage. The app team desgins the functions to live within the limits for what the phone can actually do.
Depth of Field on an iPhone - It works! So pumped to see this evolve past it's current abilities, but absolutely useful.
Dual cam recording - Game Changing for me. ProTake and an Osmo are the perfect combo for me. I can use the Super Wide Wide or the Wide Tele and I'm able to capture the story without needing a 2nd camera or person. I've used it on so many Pro gigs and the clients and producers LOVE it!
Remote Field Monitor Mode - WAY better than Filmic in every way except it can't as of today (Sep '21) cannot change cam settings remotely and it limited to just start / stop tiggering for up to 4 camaeras simultaneously - Still incredibly useful and way more reliable viewing experience than Filmic.
Buy This App and support the team behind it. I'm so pumped to see what they enable next!
Best Videography App just missing a few things
This is the best videography app that I have used and I have tried them all. The interface is something special it’s easy to use all controls fully at your fingertips without having to muddle around deep in settings and I would fully make this my only default video recording camera but their are a few things missing 1. Remote camera access having the ability to control and view what is being filmed from an Apple Watch and also another Apple product like an iPad is so helpful for those of us doing solo video shoots. 2. Being able to control multiple video devices through the interface as well being able to use 3 device signed into with the pro account is great but I can’t remotely view or start a recording. 3: Adding more filters would love to see an 8mm filter and even a vhs filter for the nice retro effects.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Beijing Lingguang Zaixian Information Technology Limited
- 51.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Beijing Lingguang Zaixian Information Technology Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Protake+ (1 Year) $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.