Protake brings the filmmaking experience of professional cinema cameras to your mobile devices.
No matter you're a daily vlogger, a commercial director, or a well-established filmmaker, you will benefit from Protake's features, including:
· AUTO Mode: a mode optimized for vloggers and YouTubers, you can use it single-handedly, with our cinematic looks and professional composition assistants.
· PRO Mode: a mode designed for professional filmmakers. All the camera information and control settings are well aligned on the screen. The feature you want is always there on the screen.
· LOG: it's not only a genuine LOG gamma curve -- we strictly matched your mobile device's color to the industrial standard - ALEXA Log C. Besides the benefit of an outstanding dynamic range, colorists can use all their color solutions for ALEXA cameras with the footage from your phone.
· Cinematic Looks: we provided a dozen of cinematic looks for filmmakers -- the styles are categorized into Neutral Styles, Film Emulation (classic Kodak and Fuji cinema film), Movie Inspired (blockbusters and indie masterpieces), and ALEXA Looks.
· Frame Drop Notice: Mobile devices are not designed as professional cinema cameras, therefore, you need to know immediately when a frame is dropped.
· Monitoring tools: Waveform, Parade, Histogram, RGB Histogram, Audio Meter.
· Composition assistants: Aspect Ratios, Safe Area, Thirds, Crosshairs, and 3-axis Horizon Indicators.
· Exposure assistants: Zebra Strips，False Color, Exposure Compensation, Auto Exposure.
· Focus assistants: Focus Peaking and Auto Focus.
· Recording: Record Beeper, Record Flash, Volume Key Record.
· Zooming and Focusing: A-B Point.
· Frame Rate Normalization: Mobile devices don't have perfect frame rate control, therefore, it's easy to get non-standard variable frame rate. Protake solves this problem fundamentally and makes strictly constant FPS of 24, 25, 30, 60, 120, etc.
· File-naming: All the video files saved by Protake use the standard naming system: Camera Unit + Reel Number + Clip Count + Date + Suffix. It's something like "A001C00203_200412_IR8J.MOV"... Sounds familiar?
· Metadata: Everything including device model, ISO, shutter angel, white balance, lens, connected accessories, location, are all well recorded in the file's metadata.
· Time code: We provided both options for you -- Free Run and Record Run. It's compatible with your cinema cameras.
· With a Protake+ membership, you can use all the features, including: Pro mode, LOG gamma curve, Protake Cinematic Looks, all the assistant tools, data management, 3rd-party accessories.
· More features will be released in the future.
· Protake+ provides 1-year membership for you to purchase;
· Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase;
· Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period;
· Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period;
· The renewal price for 1-year membership is USD 19.99.
· You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase;
Multiple bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Far more than just a great value
Pros: Amazing manual controls; focus/ zoom/ exposure/ ISO. Color grading in recording with impressive selection of profiles including LOG and profile intensity. Support for 1.33 Anamorphic lenses, and a powerful AUTO camera mode for when you’re in a rush.
Cons: No control over bitrate quality for those who seek to export and professionally color correct/ color grade in post in their respective selected editors. Only major drawback I can see most people having.
Overall: I’d be nitpicking to put anything else against this camera app. The software is powerful and reliable, no crashing, interface is very easy to use and intuitive. All the features offered here versus the competition, this is far more than a value, it’s a steal. So if you don’t need the overwhelming deep dive into every control and detail like Filmic Pro, this camera app is for you.
Very impressive feature set
This is a great app and a must have for mobile video buffs. I just found out it works with the Shure MV88+, which is amazing since Shure’s app lacks. The portrait video mode and dual lens recording give this app an abilities edge over Filmic Pro. I would advise getting both apps, actually. Filmic gives some other options you may want (I.e. live audio monitoring with Bluetooth earbuds). But, overall, if I had to pick only one, I’d probably just go with Protake. Go see what Youtuber Matti Hapipola (sp?) loves about it if you don’t believe me. One request, though: 4K 60 FPS support, please!
Please fix this bug
Prateek is a great app… But it has a glitch in portrait mode. Every time I take a portrait mode video outside, the entire app freezes and it doesn’t save the video. Please fix it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blink Academy Ltd.
- 42.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Blink Academy Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Protake+ (1 Year) $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.