Use PS Remote Play to access your PS5™ or PS4™ wherever you go.
With PS Remote Play, you can:
• Display the PlayStation®5 or PlayStation®4 screen on your mobile device.
• Use the on-screen controller on your mobile device to control your PS5 or PS4.
• Connect your DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller.
• Connect your DualSense™ wireless controller to mobile devices with iOS 14.5 or iPadOS 14.5 or later installed.
• Join voice chats using the mic on your mobile device.
• Enter text on your PS5 or PS4 using the keyboard on your mobile device.
To use this app, you need the following:
• A mobile device with iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 later installed
• A PS5 or PS4 console with the latest system software version
• An account for PlayStation Network
• A fast and stable internet connection
When using mobile data:
• Depending on your carrier and network conditions, you may not be able to use Remote Play.
• Remote Play uses a lot more data than most video streaming services. Data charges may apply.
Using the DUALSHOCK 4:
For mobile devices with iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 installed, use the on-screen controller to use the PS button and the touch pad function.
• This app may not be compatible with some games.
• You need to grant this app access to connect to devices on your local network. If you haven't already, you can do this from the Settings menu on your iOS or iPadOS device.
• Your controller may vibrate differently than when playing on your PS5 or PS4 console.
• Background streaming is now available. You can turn this feature on in [Settings] > [Background Streaming].
• We've made some performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great but its missing one thing or two
The thing that it’s missing is the buttons since the buttons are super big because i have a iPhone 6s Plus the buttons are big that I accidentally tap on the other buttons while I’m playing need for speed payback I accidentally put the button to tune the car or when I play fortnite (I’m lazy and don’t want to download the game on my phone because it’s a waste of battery and time and memory space on my phone so I play on the games of my PlayStation on my phone witch is fun and add a option in the the setting where you can customize the buttons where you can put them somewhere else on the screen and make them smaller and one more thing that it needs is that you can use the daulshock and play on the phone without the one thing that one thing happening and the two the two things that I’m asking please because someone’s tv or monitor might break so they can play on their phone or tablet with or without the daulshock that are the two things that I’m asking right now and other people might appreciate it a lot and I mean a lot and by the way mention the in the news and more people or going to use it
Apologies to PS and a solution for those still having connection issues
Seems I’ve found the issue to why the remote play wasn’t working away from home when I’m at work, for those having issues , make sure your router is in AP mode ( if you have both modem n router ) also google the ports that need to be forwarded for Ps remote play and set up port forwarding on your home admin Wifi , give your PS4 a static IP that is available to prevent it from changing when you restart your PS4 before setting up port forwarding , disable PS vita network settings( causes some issues) . And the part no one told me about not even google is that at the second location (work ) find the ip address your phone is using , go into the Wifi admin ( if you don’t have access then hope the default password is set on the Wifi admin which is user : admin, password : password , might be different for other people) once in the settings enable DMZ mode and put in the private IP address you found for your mobile phone )
In the PS4 remote play app reduce the graphics settings ( not required but just in case ) and try to connect to your PlayStation that is in REST MODE at home from work , this will take 2-4 failed connections if your PS4 is not on Ethernet n is below 60% Wifi signal strength, but it should work afterwards running as smoothly as if the PlayStation was right in front of you at work .
Works great with my PS5, the default white screen is harsh though.
I recently purchased a PS5, and after being spoiled by using my Nintendo Switch away from the living room I was very happy to find the Remote Play functionality is as great as it is. I have my PS5 connected via Ethernet to my Eero primary node, and my iPad connected over wireless. Outside of a very few slowdowns it has been amazing.
The only reason this is not a 5 star review is the loading screen / home screen / launch screen is a harsh white screen, which is overwhelming and requires the screen brightness to be lowered, which immediately needs to be turned back up as soon as you reach the actual PS5 Home Screen which is black. The fact its such a drastic change and is not able to be configred even to a less harsh color like a dark gray is very frustrating as I have to change the screen brightness every time I launch / open the application.
I will change to 5 stars the minute they add a setting to permit a dark mode or black background launch screen to match the PS5 background.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PlayStation Mobile Inc.
- 17.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Game Controller
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.