QLab Remote is the official iOS companion app for remote control of QLab, the award-winning live show control software for macOS. QLab Remote requires a connection to QLab 3.0 or later. Some features require a specific minimum version of QLab 4. See https://qlab.app/docs/v4/control/qlab-remote/#requirements for details.
Get out of the booth and edit your QLab workspace from wherever you are. Flag cues as you sit in tech rehearsal. Adjust audio levels from the front row. Change the geometry of a video cue from the stage.
QLab Remote is free to use in "Read-Only Mode", which allows you to view a workspace & follow along worry-free and also includes the unlimited ability to flag cues & edit cue notes. Optional In-App Purchases are available to unlock show control, editing, and light tools features.
- Automatically finds any QLab workspace on the network.
- Updates in QLab are instantly reflected in QLab Remote and vice versa.
- Quickly flag and edit notes for cues.
- Easily switch between cue lists.
- Watch active cues update in real-time.
- Enable "Read-Only Mode" to follow along without worrying you'll accidentally trigger a cue.
- Edit basic properties for all cues, such as name, number, notes, color, armed, flagged, etc.
- Adjust audio levels and patches for audio, mic, and video cues.
- Change display geometry for video, text, and camera cues.
- Swipe-right to change the playback position.
- Swipe-left to access more editing options.
- Double-tap a cue to quickly edit it.
- Long-press a cue to move it in the cue list. (Requires QLab 4)
Please contact email@example.com with issues or feedback.
- Fixes an issue that prevented crash reporting from working correctly.
- Several fixes and improvements when using a very large font size.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Show Control only version, please?
In a world of increasingly buggy and poorly designed software, the QLab developers continue to succeed in delivering a quality product that is truly useful and versatile. Due to space limitations, for most performances our theater uses pre-recorded tracks rather than live musicians. QLab provides so much flexibility with its cues that I am able to fit the music to the performers rather than the other way around. As an added bonus, the MIDI and network cues allow us to control all of the mics and lighting, precisely synchronized with the music. The mobile version lets me edit and fire cues while sitting out in the audience area, which is a big benefit to me given that our tech booth is awkwardly positioned outside the sound pattern of the main speakers.
My big wish list item for the iOS app is a separate in-app purchase for an “operator-only” version that can be used to fire cues but not to make edits. It would be extremely useful for me to give a stage manager the ability to fire, stop, and restart cues during rehearsals without the risk of someone inadvertently changing the show design. It would also be nice if this could be provided at a lower price point than the Show Control and Editing option given the reduced functionality. I’m sure this option would spur a lot more app purchases since a typical theater may have only one or two show designers while using different stage managers and production team members for each show.
Surprised this isn’t more popular
I work In a theater where we run lots of dance recitals and competitions and being able to hand the client an iPad with all their music for rehearsal and performances bypasses the necessity for telex communicators as they can choose their own start and stop. Clients love it and it makes my job practically set up only.
11/10 love it. A little pricey but for our application very worth it. Couldn’t get the theater to cover it but even out of pocket I’d buy it again hands down
I love how the show files just popped up on my phone screen when I opened it on my computer. No pairing even needed, so nice.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Figure 53, LLC
- 14.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Figure 53, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Show Control & Editing $39.99
- Light Tools $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.