The Quicken Mobile Companion App is a free personal finance app to use with your Quicken desktop software.
The Quicken Mobile Companion App for iPhone and iPad syncs with Quicken desktop, so you can make smart decisions with your money no matter where you are. We stand behind our products with over 30 years of experience and a 60-day money back guarantee.
STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR MONEY ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
• Automatically syncs your desktop and mobile data.
• View your balances, accounts, and transactions.
• See spending trends and check your budget.*
• Enter transactions as you spend even when you are not connected to the internet.
• Search transaction history.
• Split transactions for an accurate view of spending.
• Snap and store a picture of your receipt.
*Budgets are not yet available for Quicken Windows 2016.
FEEL CONFIDENT YOUR INFORMATION IS SECURE
• Passcode-protected and backed by 256-bit encryption.
• Additional protection with Face ID and Touch ID.
• Data access guarantee: Always have full access to and ownership of your data.
USING THE APP
To begin using the Quicken Mobile Companion App, first create a Quicken ID from your Quicken 2016, 2017 or 2018 desktop software. You will need this ID to log-in to the app and begin syncing your data.
• iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad: Requires iOS 9 or higher.
QUICKEN VERSION REQUIREMENTS
• Quicken 2016, 2017 or 2018 desktop software for Mac or for Windows: Starter Edition, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, or Rental Property Manager is required.
• For Canadian customers, the Quicken Mobile Companion App, will work only with Quicken 2017 and 2018.
• Budgets is currently supported only for Quicken Windows 2017 and 2018 and Mac 2016, 2017 and 2018.
• Investments are available for Quicken 2017 and 2018.
To learn how Quicken protects your privacy, please visit http://www.quicken.com/privacy
• An issue where attachments were not visible.
• An issue where duplicate bars were displayed for the same month, in some cases.
• An issue where all categories of the budget were not displayed.
• Further enhanced 'Yelp payee display' to address concerns.
• Fixed a few user interface issues and crashes.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t use the app after the latest update!!!!
1) Since I downloaded the latest update about 2 weeks ago, now my app opens, flashes the account list & immediately minimizes. Double-click, choose the app from the open apps, same thing happens. Can’t use it. Left my previous review here (from 2016). I really need to find a better alternative. Add that I’ve just gotten off the phone with support about a syncing issue. List 2 months of data thanks to the (not) knowledgeable rep. Not a happy camper. 2) previous review...Agree with the other reviewer that everything is harder to read. But here's the kicker, when on my iphone, I try to add a note to a transaction and the keyboard pops up and covers the note field you ate typing in! I move it up above the keyboard to verify and then when I go to type, it disappears behind the keyboard again! It gets better, click 'Done' on the keyboard which on every other app makes the keyboard go away & here it adds a carriage return! Frankly, I don't think Quicken has an A-team. Support is terrible; design/programming is bad and testing apparently is not important! Who doesn't completely test adding a new transaction?? It's the basic functionality of the app! Sheesh.
Could be more useful on the go
I enjoyed the Quicken software. The app is nice. But I feel that the app is just a regurgitation of what the desktop version is without customization. I feel that as a mobile app I need more customization. For example, I want to be able to see my budget right up front. When I am out and about, that is the information I care about so as to not blow my budget. The other information is great. And needed to make decisions on finances. But I would much rather just make those big decisions off the desk top version. I would like to see the app customizable so that I can view what I need to view on the main screen. Thank you.
Nearly useless, prefer web version
I am less than pleased with the Quicken app on the iPhone and iPad. The Mac version is very capable and approaching my ideal for money management (almost like the old Quicken).
The iOS app version put up pretty graphs but seems to be about useless for doing mobile input of your finances or mobile reconciliation. For instance, if I make a credit card payment and download the results from my bank, I can — on the Mac version or web version — change the account to Transfer:<credit card name> and the app finds the other side of the transaction in the credit card account and matches it appropriately.
The iOS version won’t let you do that. I can’t change it to transfer. In addition, the iOS versions don’t let me attach anytime thing except photos to the transaction. Other versions will allow me to attach a PDF. And there’s tons of wasted (IMO) screen space. Syncing seems to be a problem as well. I can compare the web version and the iOS version and corrected transactions aren’t appearing in the iOS.
What I expected and hoped for was an iOS version of the Mac/PC app. Until I get it, it’s off my devices and I’ll use the web version in the browser.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.