Transform your Mac into your digital notebook with QuickNotes X. Take notes & record lectures, edit documents on the fly and more. Download now on iPad, Mac, and iPhone.
ESCAPE THE LIMITS OF PHYSICAL PAPER
• Experience a fluid, precise and natural note taking experience powered by the unparalleled performance of QuickNotes X custom vector ink engine;
• Never run out of paper: swipe to the next page and a new page will be created if needed!
• Record and play back lectures with Voice Recording: your writing will be synced to the audio!
• Choose your drawing style with numerous included tools, such as fountain and ballpoint pen;
• Freely customize your stroke color as well as line thickness and pressure sensitivity;
• Draw perfect shapes and straight lines thanks to automatic, ML-powered shape recognition;
• Move, resize, rotate and zoom your handwriting to take notes like a pro;
ORGANIZE & PROTECT YOUR THOUGHTS
• Never lose your notes again thanks to the powerful organization provided by QuickNotes X;
• Create Notebooks to organize your notes;
• Add unlimited Folders & Subfolders to group your Notebooks;
• Lock individual Notebooks and Folders with a Password to protect your thoughts from prying eyes;
• Unlock protected notebooks using Touch ID or by entering your Password;
• Rearrange your Notebooks and Folders however you like to make sure they are always in the correct order.
SEAMLESSLY SYNC TO ALL YOUR DEVICES
• Seamlessly back up & sync your notebooks and folders to all your devices thanks to iCloud;
• Write once, edit anywhere: when iCloud Sync is active all your content is automatically available on all your devices;
MARK UP & WRITE ON PDFs, SLIDES AND MORE
• Import and edit PDFs, images, photos and more;
• Annotate documents on your device with all the tools available, including fountain & ballpoint pen, highlighter and shape recognition;
• Open notes and documents side-by-side on your Mac for maximum flexibility;
• Quickly export your notes as images, PDF or QuickNotes X Documents for easy sharing
ENDLESS CUSTOMIZATION FOR YOUR CREATIVITY
• Create an unlimited number of presets for stroke color and line thickness to always have the right one ready at your fingertips;
• Choose between Dual or Single Bar Mode to take notes with the maximum level of flexibility and customizability;
• Choose to erase entire stories on only some parts thanks to the new Precision and Whole Stroke Erasers;
• Use the Lasso tool to cut, copy, paste or delete groups of strokes or entire pages;
• Customize the look of your Notebooks and Folders by choosing from more than 80 options;
• Make each notebook cover yours: the Notebook cover is now fully editable so you can draw on it!
• Choose the right paper template for your Notebooks, such as Blank Paper, Cornell Paper, Chemistry Paper, Engineering Grid Paper, Music Paper and more!
TYPE AND WRITE ANYWHERE
• Add Text Boxes anywhere in a page to start typing, with plenty of customization options for color, font style and size, available right at your fingertips in the new Tool Bar;
• Move, rotate and scale text boxes to never run out of space;
• Combine handwritten notes with typed content and annotate or highlight key words in your Text Boxes;
AND THERE IS EVEN MORE!
• Swipe left or right to quickly move to the previous or next page in the notebook;
• Quickly jump to any page in the Notebook by using the Notes List menu in the Note Editor;
• Customize any new page you create thanks to the new "New Page" menu in the Editor;
• Create a QuickNotebook to always have a fresh new page when you open the app;
• Changing the paper template for a single page or the entire Notebook is only one tap away;
QuickNotes X: Note-Taking, Made Easy.
This "Back to School" update brings some bug fixes and performance improvements.
New in previous versions of QuickNotes X:
INTRODUCING QUICKNOTES X AI
• We are excited to introduce QuickNotes X AI, your personal AI-powered note-taking assistant! QuickNotes X AI, based on the latest GPT-3.5 technology, is an advanced AI model that can yelp you take better and more complete notes, without leaving the comfort of QuickNotes X;
• Have a question you want to get an answer for? Just tap on the new "QuickNotes X AI" button in the tool bar and start typing - then see the AI assistant reply being built and displayed in real time!
• QuickNotes X AI can also help you in a variety of tasks, such as finding an easier explanation for a difficult topic, or getting new ideas for a recipe: the choice is yours, and QuickNotes X AI is there to help you!
• Use the "Copy to Page" feature of QuickNotes X AI to quickly bring an answer into your notes, without needing to manually rewrite everything!
• QuickNotes X AI is also able to format responses for better visualization: code snippets will be highlighted according to the language they are written, and mathematical formulas are beautifully rendered so that even the most difficult Math equation becomes easily understandable!
• QuickNotes X AI also starts free to try, so you can start asking questions right away
OTHER CHANGES IN THIS UPDATE
• Other bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Very User friendly, but lacking in some features
TLDR - Easy to use and very helpful for organization. Missing some features that are not essential for use, but would be a convenient and pleasant addition in the future.
The notebook organization system and the ease of changing writing utensil, page format, and incorporating images is noteworthy. It is also very easy to export notebooks in various formats (though the premium expansion is needed for some of the aforementioned features). It also works incredibly with the Apple Pencil.
However, there are some relatively common features that are currently missing, and could be helpful if added in the future.
-To my knowledge, there is no method to reorder pages, only add and remove.
- There is also no ruler tool, which has some niche cases where it would be helpful. While I understand it wouldn’t not be a significant priority for most users, I am surprised that even the paid tools do not compare with the included markup tools on Apple’s iBooks
-There is also no ability to copy and paste a portion of a page or a whole page, which can be helpful when weighting lengthy equations or statements
-there is no ability to separate or move specific selections of writing around the page, even though text and images can be moved as overlays
Overall, I like the app a lot, and I feel it has a lot of potential. However, there are many features I have seen in competitor’s apps that are missing.
Love the simplicity aesthetic layout just need minor adjustments
Overall love how simple the layout is on the app and I’m definitely planning to buy the full pack. Just my one thing as I’m writing with my Apple Pencil and my Adonit dash my palm is creating a master piece of line work below as I’m writing lol. I use the app to brainstorm my new ideas and art projects like how I would do on a normal notebook. And transferring to another app thru pdf very convenient i can keep organized thru my apple files. My reason giving 4 stars it’s missing palm rejection function when I’m writing with my Apple Pencil. Other than that I do enjoy using the app
Update messed it up
I used to love this app, I even paid to have access to all of its features. It was perfect to take notes as a college student and even helped me with doing homework. But the once simple and sleek app is now complicated to use and simply looks tacky. My biggest complaint is that after the update the app is now requiring 98 GB of space to run properly. Now, I have a 128 GB iPad, of which I am using about 38 GB. It would seem that I have plenty of room left on my iPad, which I do, but not according to this app. Every time I try to use it now with it requiring 98 GB the app crashes, which is really annoying when trying to take notes in class. It has basically made it so that if I wanted to continue using this notes app I would have to delete everything else off of my iPad and use it solely for this one app. In my opinion this is not worth it and just plain ridiculous. There’s no reason for it requiring so much space on my iPad to run properly as it was never an issue before the update. I will be switching the notes app I use, and I suggest others do as well.
Developer Response ,
Hi, the issue of the app asking for an excessive amount of free space, together with other bug fixes and performance improvements, has already been fixed in the next update, which is about to be released on the App Store.
For any further problems or inquiries, please write us at email@example.com
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alessandro Sassi
- 264.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2023 Alessandro S.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack $5.99
- Tools Pack $2.99
- QuickNotes X Pro $4.99
- Notebooks & Folders Pack $2.99
- Cloud & ML Pack $0.99
- Templates Pack $0.99
- Covers Pack $0.99
- QuickNotes X AI: 500000 Tokens $5.99
- QuickNotes X AI: 50000 Tokens $0.99
- QuickNotes X AI: 300000 Tokens $3.99