**Special Sale, 40% off for a limited time**
Introducing Radar Extreme, a powerful and easy to use Radar, Weather, Satellite, Lightning, Earthquake, and Hurricane Tracker. Radar Extreme features hundreds of NEXRAD Local Radars, dozens of Regional Radars, 14 World Radars, Local Weather Conditions for over 200,000 locations around the globe, 7 Lightning Intensity Radars, a National U.S. Radar, even interactive Solar System, 3D Earth, and an Interactive Map that shows Precipitation, Temperature, Clouds, Rain, Snow, Wind, and Sea Level Pressure individually. If that wasn't enough, Radar Extreme also offers extremely descriptive textual local weather Forecasts for Day and Night; letting you know exactly what conditions will be like for a given period of the day — and whether or not you should bring an umbrella.
Local Weather features photorealistic Day and Night time graphics, Ten Day Weather Forecasts, Wind Speed/Direction, Humidity, Highs/Lows, and much more. Local Weather Conditions are shown in the Menu Bar (Dark Theme compatible!) and a live animated NEXRAD Local Radar in the Dock. All three panes can be resized independently, with full Multi-touch gestures included. With all these features, Radar Extreme offers more Radars than any other application in the world, and best of all, Radar Extreme offers incredibly advanced features at a ridiculously affordable price of only U.S. $4.99!
Advanced and Easy to Use Features!
- Hundreds of "NEXRAD Next Generation" Local Radars all over the U.S.; with each Radar featuring independent layers, with 6 Radars per location: Base Reflectivity, Storm Relative Motion, Base Velocity, One-Hour Precipitation, Composite Reflectivity, and Storm Total Precipitation
- Dozens of Regional Radars give you a glimpse of what's going on in the immediate surrounding vicinity
- 18 World Radars (Full Color GOES-16 Satellite) with 17 Radars per location
- Local Weather features Photorealistic Day/Night Graphics, with over 200,000 locations around the globe supported; updates every 15 minutes
- Innovative 7 Lightning Radars around the world show Lightning Intensity for a given region
- National U.S. Radar, with a high resolution option
- Textual Forecast gives detailed descriptions for different periods throughout the day (Provided by U.S. National Weather Service)
- Interactive 3D Solar System shows Sun, Planets, and Asteroid Belt
- Interactive 3D Earth shows latest Earthquakes, Tropical Storms, and Live Clouds
- Interactive Map shows the latest Precipitation, Temperature, Clouds, Rain, Snow, Wind, and Sea Level Pressure
- Each Radar can be switched between locations on the fly
- Each Radar features Reload button to make sure you always have the latest data
- Dock Icon shows Animated NEXRAD Local Radar
- Local Weather supports Unlimited Multiple Locations, Imperial/Metric systems,F°/C°; 24 Hour Clock Option
- Local Weather Conditions in menubar (Dark Theme compatible, must be enabled in Preferences)
- Multi-Touch gesture and Retina Display support included
- Super advanced, yet super easy to use
*Please note Local Radar, Regional Radar, and Textual Forecast features are for the United States only*
- Greatly improved Multithreaded support, up to 3-5 times faster than previous version
- Map Feature rewritten in Swift and now provides Animated Precipitation Radar (U.S. only)
- Fixes an issue that may have caused the app to crash on macOS 10.9
- Many more bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Buy only if you want eye candy
I teach weather and I was looking for something inexpensive to give live imagery and real-time radar data. To the point — the application has no controls (e.g., zoom, elapse time, specific location, …). It is nothing more than fixed-size image data with limited resolution and limited viewing areas.
The application is more Eye Candy than a tool to view radar information. Save your money and go to any of the free weather websites such as Wunderground or Intellicast to get real-time high-resolution radar images.
I’m sorry, but I cannot see how this application can be useful, especially since it crashed 3 times when first using it — it is a good example of you get what you pay for.
Very Limited in Scope and Function
This app offers nothing one can't get for free online. You cannot control the animations and cycle through the time periods which can allow you to see exactly when a heavy rain burst (for example) will occur. It offers practically nothing in the way of wind event tracking. Unbeliefvably, it doesn NOT provide NWS storm watches and warnings. At this writing our area is under a wind warning (highest alert level) for high winds and heavy rain and flooding. And of course in typical fashion the Apple App store would not issue a refund when I tried to claim one. I would issue a "no stars" for this if one was available.
wow, what a weather app! :)
viewed on a 15” mbp,
the app has an adjustable window & resizable panels within it, the user can resize the radar, resize the satellite views, resize the forecasts. i think Radar Extreme's noaa satellite views are better than noaa’s in that they are contained in one of the application’s panels.
we live by the ocean & are active sailing, surfing, hiking…it’s great to have a well made weather app all in one big adjustable window & not have to open a browser to surf all the weather sites. for sailboat racing we use GRIBs (gridded binary data) for changing & predictive currents, winds, storms, it’s real nice having an app 'RE' which contains many feaures we want (& need) to play in the sea :)
im giving it 4 stars instead of 5 only because i would like to change the interface to 18% gray to tone down the white UI
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.