Rapsodo has harnessed the power of your mobile device and combined it with our professional grade machine learning to create the Mobile Launch Monitor (MLM). You will be able to work on your game like never before with professional accuracy for shot distance, ball speed, club speed, launch angle, launch direction and shot shape. Review your shots and improve your game with video on each shot you take and an active tracer to track your shot shape. Share videos with your friends when you bomb a drive or pinpoint an iron. With groundbreaking features like GPS maps, to show your shot scatter on the range, and interactive games, the Mobile Launch Monitor (MLM) will transform how you play golf.
Attention: This App needs to be connected to the Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor to function. Get yours today at rapsodo.com.
- Distance: Length of your shot in yards or meters. Carry distance measures to your ball’s landing point. Total distance measures carry + roll
- Ball Speed: Exit speed of the ball immediately after impact.
- Club Head Speed: Speed of your club right before impact.
- Smash Factor: Ball speed divided by club head speed. The higher your smash factor, the more efficiently you transfer energy from the club to the ball.
- Launch Angle: Angle of your ball relative to the ground. Combined with ball speed, this will be a main component to determine shot distance.
- Launch Direction: Angle of your ball relative to the target line.
- Video Playback: Choose video option during a session to get instant video replays of your shot delivered with your stats.
- Shot Tracer: See your game like the pros with an active tracer on your video replays, allowing you to analyze your ball flight like never before.
- Satellite Range Mapping: Using your phone's GPS, see where all of your shots land on your actual course or range.
- Smart Club Recognition: No need to manually change your club. Simply activate the club change sensor and show the club to the camera.
- Bag Mapping: Visualize your ball flight for each club on a distance map to know what club to hit on the course.
- Shot Library: All your shots are collected to review stats over your lifetime using the Mobile Launch Monitor (MLM).
- Coach Connect: Rapsodo and Golf Digest have partnered to bring you Coach Connect™. Get lessons from golf's top coaches right from the convenience of your iPhone or iPad.
Contact Us: https://rapsodo.com/contact
We've added the ability to delete an entire session. This update also includes the addition of Net mode for the new iPhone SE and iPad Air.
Ratings and Reviews
Solid App But Still Needs Work
I’ve owned my Rapsodo personal launch monitor now for 2 months and I must say it has performed better than expected. The unit never fails to pick up the ball off the clubhead and data is relayed within seconds to your iPhone. The app displays distance, ball speed, and launch angle, but unfortunately does not have an option to toggle on or off other crucial pieces of data, namely club head speed. While club head speed is displayed after you end a session and look at the session summary, not having it displayed on a real time swing by swing basis is a big time limitation to the app. Additionally, it would be nice for the unit and the app to pick up practice swing speeds, as many folks employ super speed training to their practice regime, but as of now this feature does not exist. However, the numbers that are displayed are remarkably accurate when compared to pricier machines, and having video feedback of every swing during a practice session can be a nice touch at times too. Give us iPhone users the ability to toggle on swing speed and this app would get 5 stars from me.
It took a little while to set it up. That being said. I have tried a few different budget friendly lunch monitors. They all have their pros and cons. This one is my favorite. Shot Tracing. I love the video feedback.
I love that it shows you How far off line you are right to left. No other portable launch monitor does this for you. That is budget friendly.
I am in Florida. Unfortunately the Florida sun overheats your phone rather quickly. This is a drawback. That being said it is a drawback to most of these kind of devices. You just need to get to the range extra early in the morning. Which I should do anyways.
Would love to see a indoor version or net version.
I’d like to see a way to keep a backup battery on the phone while using the MLM. Not a deal breaker. Maybe they could make the MLM bigger with a bigger battery that also charge the phone while in use.
The concept is amazing and the device seems to work perfectly, but the app crashes too often. I’ve had two practice sessions since receiving the MLM. Both times I’ve had to restart the MLM device and app multiple times because the app will crash and quit just before practice starts. Once it gets going, I can hit between 5-15 shots before the app crashes again, and I have to start over. Please fix this because it has so much promise...
Two more quick observations that may help others. First, beware of hitting towards the setting or rising sun. The camera loses the ball and won’t register a shot. Second, although the camera based club selection seems like a cool feature, I’ve yet to get it to work. I’ve tried different clubs, lighting conditions, etc. to no avail. Save yourself the frustration and just select the club on the app. Better yet, enable voice command 😄
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rapsodo Pte Ltd
- 330.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Rapsodo
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Premium Subscription $99.99