Miro is the online whiteboard for team collaboration. With the magic of Miro, visualizing concepts, ideas, and solutions as a team can happen anywhere — no dry erase markers needed. With Miro’s online whiteboard, teams can sync, flow, and feel the connection of working side by side — even in remote, distributed, and hybrid work environments.
Miro’s whiteboard app for iPad and iPhone gives you the tools to collaborate with boards that put projects and context all in one place.
Our customers love using Miro’s online whiteboard to:
• Run online meetings and team workshops
• Brainstorm new ideas and designs on a limitless whiteboard
• Edit, annotate and mark up documents and PDFs
• Take digital notes with an Apple Pencil (and reduce paper use!)
• Easily collect resources, photos, docs, links, and references
• Plan and manage agile workflows and scrum rituals
• Create user journeys, map processes, and develop personas
• Teach online classes, replacing the classroom blackboard with an online whiteboard
• Create a vision board of ideas and inspiration
Miro’s whiteboard app allows you to create anytime, anywhere. With over 200+ pre-made templates, a drag-and-drop interface, and no limit on collaborators, working on our whiteboard is fast and fun.
With Miro’s whiteboard mobile app, you can:
• Scan paper post-it notes and convert them into editable digital notes
• Create, view, and edit all your boards
• Capture and organize your ideas on the go
• Share boards publicly or invite team members to edit
• Upload images, pictures, docs, spreadsheets, and more
• Share boards and invite team members to edit
• Review, add and resolve comments
On tablets, you can also use Miro’s whiteboard to:
• Draw concepts and sketch new design ideas with an Apple Pencil
• Convert pencil or stylus drawings into shapes, notes, and diagrams
• Set up your tablet as the second screen with Zoom or Microsoft Teams
Create Mind Maps to visualize your ideas
• Use Lasso to select and move sketches, drawings, or text anywhere on the whiteboard
• Use Highlighter to capture the attention of your team during a meeting
Get in touch:
If you enjoy using Miro’s online whiteboard for collaboration, please leave us a review. If something’s not working right or if you have a question or comment, get in touch with us using this form: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?referer=store
Introducing a faster, more secure experience with Miro on interactive touch displays. With our new quick sign-in capability, you’ll be able to send Miro boards from your iPhone or iPad to a display in a matter of seconds - making hybrid collaboration a breeze. Not only that, but with secure sign-out, your data will be protected, even on a shared device.
Ratings and Reviews
This app has the best concept for all sorts of collaboration and note taking. I personally would pay good money for this app if everything worked the way it is supposed to. I run into way too many bugs to the point where I cant even access the User Interface to undo or select the pencil tool. My screen often times becomes glitchy where the screen flickers on panning around the canvas or using the pencil my pen strokes flicker. I use this app for most of my work but I face these bugs way too often to the point that I am writing an online review. Half the time the User Interface doesn’t even appear on the board, I have to force restart multiple times for it to finally reset, and it doesn’t last long until the UI disappears again and I can’t access any tools or navigation icons. I hope to see changes in the near future because I really like the idea of vector based pen strokes and unlimited whiteboard space for scratch notes, as well as online collaboration with team members. I am hopeful for Miro to fix this and I hope these bug fixes are not prolonged for much longer because I simply cannot work efficiently, as I am spending more time restarting the app than I am actually working. (I use Miro on an iPad Pro 2020)
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're sorry you've faced issues with Miro app.
For further assistance, please submit a ticket to the Customer Support team using this form: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Works better than web or desktop, couple of annoying and consistent issues.
For the most part, using Miro on iPad feels as fluid as I would hope for (2020 iPad Pro 12.9” just to be specific), and is almost a stellar example of what working on an iPad should be like.
A few improvements would take it all the way:
1. It often opens to a blank screen and won’t load until I force close the app.
2. TWO-FINGER TAP TO UNDO PLEASE. This is a big enough deal to lose a star, it absolutely kills my working flow every time I have to hunt down the undo button, and it’s a staple gesture for this kind of app.
3. Video chat is a complete mess, I got stuck in a full screen video that I couldn’t close when I tried it.
4. It doesn’t take advantage of the gesture shortcuts on the keyboard in iPadOS, which makes text editing more difficult than it should be. Specifically, I can’t two-finger tap on the keyboard to select all the text in a text frame or post-it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for sharing the feedback, I'll pass this to our Product team for consideration. Hope we'll be able to improve this so you have a smoother experience with Miro on iPad.
Let me also share a couple of tips with you:
1. If you're experiencing some loading issues/ blank screens try to close the background apps while working in Miro as it may be a lack of RAM causing the issues.
2. Video chat isn't available on the Tablet app, I would suggest you switch to Safari.
Does this help? Should you have any further questions/ feedback, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our Help Center | Join Miro Community
Needs better optimization
I’m really liking the app so far. I definitely don’t use it as much as many of the other people whose reviews I read, but what keeps me from using it more is that in contrast to most of the other apps I use on my iPad, this one has a constant feeling of clunkiness.
Load times take a while, the interface is packed, and there are not many gestures or quick access to some of the most commonly used functions apart from searching for them on the side. I very much like the app, it’s already pretty minimalist for a program, but it’s a different situation if you put it into the context of the rest of the iPad apps that I use, which makes it so that I don’t really use it that often. If it were more in line with the design, optimization, and minimalist approach that many other apps have adopted, I think it would be much better, and much more fun to use.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Realtimeboard Inc.
- 27.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 RealtimeBoard Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.