From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Record Searchlight app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 3 months for just 99¢ per month ($9.99/month after), or $69.99 annually. If you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.redding.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
• More Personalization: We're adding in greater flexibility and new features to help you follow the topics most relevant to you for upcoming events. Keep a look out for more "My Topics" around big events coming soon.
• More Stories: We're now showing only our latest published content in the More Stories section to keep you up to date on what's happening now.
• As always, we've fixed some bugs and improved performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Reasonably timely local news
I'm pretty satisfied with the app as a supplement to the daily R-S edition. My only major complaint is that often when I click on a breaking news alert, it takes me to an article with only 1 or 2 sentences -- not much more useful than the original headline.
If I pay monthly for a subscription, I should not have to see additional ads
I did start paying for a subscription. I feel there are to many “on page” ads however. If I am paying monthly to read this, on screen ads should be at a minimum. Also, each article should have an email address of the article’s author. Most readers don’t use Twitter. I also would like to see articles with a more conservative bias. The articles in general need to original, simultaneously not repeating liberal talking points that seam to permeate the mainstream media these days. Other than that, I am enjoying the local paper.
I enjoy the print edition more, but for a quick update this is ok.
For two months the print edition did not load all the way and I was unable to read it. Three times I tried to redo the app, waited 12 minutes or more on the phone to talk to someone and eventually gave up. Finally the app is working and I’m able to enjoy it. Also, due to my failing eyesight the audio is a welcome asset.
Mrs. Jo Ann Toro
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 191.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2021 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Redding Record Digital Subscription $9.99
- Redding Record Annual Digital Subscription $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.