Improve your sight reading quickly with immediate feedback of timing accuracy. Carefully graduated levels from simple to professional allow you to start at your best level and improve at your own pace, more rapidly than on your own instrument. Practice anytime and anywhere. Many advanced features.
- Common and rarer rhythms from 2 to 12 beats per bar (2/2, 3/2, 4/2, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 3/8, 5/8, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, 12/8).
- More than 200 fixed exercises (100 (longer ones) on iPad).
- Thousands of random exercises.
- Levels for absolute beginners as well as professionals.
- More difficult exercises include rests, ties, syncopations, duplets, triplets, quadruplets, quintuplets.
- Option to add swing to every quarter note meter exercise.
- Different degrees of swing: light, medium and hard.
- Automatic count-off with one or two bars.
- Longer (random) exercises in landscape orientation.
PRACTICE & TEST MODE
- Practice mode: listen or tap along while the rhythm is played.
- Test mode: you hear the metronome and must read and tap the rhythm.
- Accuracy is instantly displayed visually (color and position) with each tap.
- Easily adjust metronome tempo by sliding or keypad.
- Two tap buttons for higher tempos or tapping with alternating fingers.
- Any exercise can serve as a starting point for editing.
- The editor provides many options to tailor exercises to your needs.
- Designed to need very few taps.
- Includes an editor for ties.
- Unlimited undo.
- Add your exercises to favorites.
- Share these with others.
- Expert mode: a higher default tempo for the exercises plus more accuracy required in tapping.
- Endurance test (continuous reading).
- Speeding-up tests.
- Left- and right-hand independence: tap the beat and rhythm with two tap buttons.
- Note duration test.
- Count 6/8 in two (dotted quarter has the beat).
- Ear training function to help in rhythmic dictation.
- Keep focused on the rhythm while notes from a chord progression are played.
- Frequency chart of tap results.
- Progress reports for fixed and random exercises.
- Mail your results: e.g. send your 100% score graphic or progress reports.
- Sounds of the app player, metronome and taps can be chosen from several percussive instruments.
- Optional stereo sound. Hear your taps in the right ear and the metronome/player in the left ear.
- Optional beat-counting voice function.
- Use of the microphone as an alternative to the tap buttons.
- Play the rhythm with hand claps, finger-snaps or an instrument.
- Sensitivity function.
- Support for external microphones.
- Support for receiving taps from a Midi device connected via Apple USB camera adapter or USB-C (like keyboard, guitar, drum kit).
- Device is automatically detected.
- Touch-sensitivity support.
- Any exercise can be exported as a MIDI file.
- Very low latency (instant response).
- Left-handed tapping support.
- Classical as well as flat interface themes.
- Dark mode support.
- Universal app (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch).
- Support for all screen sizes.
- 64-bit compatible.
- iOS, iPadOS 16 tested.
iOS, iPadOS 16 adjustments.
Ratings and Reviews
I have tried many music apps in all forms. I began teaching myself piano almost a year ago, though I learned the staff pretty quickly and the common knowledge of the keys, I have struggled with the rhythm and beat. This app is INCREDIBLE, after I post this, I am going to look for a donation spot. It will be the first time I have ever given money to developers, and my reviews on google have thousands, tens of thousands of reviews. This app has SO MANY features. It took me two days to realize there was such a large menu if you click the tiny i in the bottom left corner (iPad pro) and even without me knowing of all the other options it still held my attention and even became a personal mission to pass the rhythms. Its super hard, for me. Practice. Practice. Practice. The TAPPING option is insanely hard for me. Thats exciting though. Some thing I 100 percent can not do, yet.. so it gives me something to work on! Thanks y'all. You did a fantastic job on this app! Please update whenever you add something new!
I am a piano teacher and just found this app. All my students are loving it so far and enjoying going through the levels. Which is great because suddenly what used to be homework is now fun! Did you hear that? Fun! Would recommend this for anyone. The only thing I would suggest is the menu system maybe having a revamp as the first opening to to select “fixed levels” or “random levels”. I’d love to start at level 0 for some of my kids and I feel like sometimes it would be hard to explain to them how to get to the ‘random levels’ and would be easier.
Overall 5/5 app for how amazing everything runs and even though I teach piano, this is a hard app at some of the higher levels! A must have app.
Fantastic well thought out app
I am actually learning how to stay on beat (not ahead or behind!) and read rhythm thanks to this app. These were both major goals for me as a relatively new bass player. Thank you to the developer for all the time you’ve clearly put into this app.
There are incredibly extensive exercises in every time signature imaginable. I love being able to quickly adjust metronome setting and choose between being tested or just practicing, both of which offer different supporting sounds. Visual feedback is superb. I like that I can stay at any level of challenge for as long as I want.
I highly recommend this app!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rolf Steenge
- 44.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © none
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.