We are glad to present our anniversary plugin. For 10 years we have been delighting you with professional plugins at an affordable price. Thank you for support!
The HLF-3C completes the Passive EQ Collection. This plug-in has 12 dB per octave low and high cut filters, providing broad retro-tonal sculpting or bygone-era special effects, without the inconvenience of insertion loss found with the unamplified passive hardware.
You can easily subtract the unnecessary frequencies in any instrument and sub-group so they stay wonderfully musical in the mix.
The original HLF-3C hardware unit is a true passive design: there are no input/output amplifiers and it does not require any external power. As a result, there is an inherent loss of signal level when using the HLF-3C hardware. The RRS HLF-3C plug-in compensates for this inherent signal loss for simplified use in the modern era: it has unity gain upon insertion (there is no insertion loss until one or both of the cut filters is engaged).
The HLF-3C interface is very simple and includes only three controls:
• Enable — This toggle switch is the plug-in bypass control. When in the down position (bypassed), plug-in processing is disabled altogether. The plug-in is engaged with the switch is in the up position. This switch can be used to compare the processed settings to that of the original signal;
• Low Cut — This rotary switch specifies the cutoff frequency of the low cut filter. Ten frequencies are available: 50, 80, 100, 150, 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500 and 2000 CPS;
• High Cut — This rotary switch specifies the cutoff frequency of the high cut filter. Ten frequencies are available: 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 15 KCS.
To use HLF-3C as a plug-in, you need an AUv3-compatible host app like GarageBand, Auria, AUM, Cubasis and more — HLF-3C will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins in the host app.
- Implemented GUI Scale on Pinch feature;
- Implemented Presets Drop-down Menu;
- Fixed parameters tweaking crash bug in some DAWs.
Ratings and Reviews
Should be way more popular
Don’t really know why this plugin company isn’t more popular than it is. The plugins sound excellent! I’m using them in GarageBand iOS. I bought several and do not regret it at all. They are true to the hardware they are emulating, and they have a very 3D/expensive quality to them in terms of sound. 5 stars!
Love their apps
Sound great, easy to use, get them all!
Engaged with the users, receptive to feedback, cool apps. Yep, 5 stars!!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- RRS, OOO
- 23.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Red Rock Sound, LLC