Runmeter is the most advanced application for runners ever designed for a mobile device. Built from the ground up for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and iCloud, it makes your iPhone a powerful fitness computer — with maps, graphs, splits, intervals, laps, announcements, zones, training plans and more.
• Obsessively complete... a killer app — Wired
• Records a wealth of data — Macworld
• Clean, easy-to-use — New York Times
Experience core features and dependability for free, then upgrade to Elite to add advanced features.
• Records an unlimited number of workouts — years of workouts only take up the space of a few songs.
• Swipe across the stopwatch to see pages of stats, maps, and graphs - completely configurable.
• View your workouts on a calendar, and by routes and activities.
• View bar and pie charts summarizing all your workouts.
• Analyze your workouts on your iPad, updated with your latest data using iCloud.
• Exclude stopped time with automatic stop detection.
• View terrain and traffic maps with Google Maps.
• Record heart rate, bike speed, bike cadence, and bike power with sensors.
• Records steps all day and cadence during workouts.
• Automatically record the weather.
• Supports cycling, running, walking, skating, skiing, and many other activities.
• Keep on track with extremely configurable interval training, zones, and targets.
• Set up repeating intervals, pyramid intervals, or tempo workouts.
• Hear announcements that keep you in the zone.
• Analyze your split, interval, and zone performance.
• Select from more than 120 configurable announcements including distance, time, speed, elevation, and heart rate.
• Hear stats automatically at time or distance intervals, or on-demand with your earphone remote.
• Compete against your previous workouts along a route.
• See your virtual competition on a map and in graphs.
• Includes 5K, 10, half, and marathon running plans.
• Design your own training plans.
• Synchronize your plan with your iPhone calendar and your online calendars.
Analyze Online - See abvio.com/explorer
• View the Workout Explorer on your computer or on your iPhone.
• Share by email, Twitter, Facebook, Strava, or MyFitnessPal.
• View within the app on any Info page for a workout.
• View your graph, splits, intervals, zones, and more.
• Select a zone to see your map path drawn with zone colors.
• Post workouts to iOS Health app.
• Use email, Facebook, Twitter, Strava, and MyFitnessPal to share your workouts online.
• Automatically keep family and friends notified of your location and progress.
• Share your workout calendar with your friends and coaches.
• Import by tapping on a GPX, TCX, FIT or KML link or file in Mail or Safari.
• Export detailed CSV, GPX, TCX, FIT or KML files for use in maps, graphs, and social fitness sites.
Apple Watch Enhanced - See abvio.com/applewatch
• Set up, start, stop, lap and finish a workout all from the Apple Watch.
• Bring your iPhone with you on your workouts. Does not support standalone use.
• Includes beautiful gauge pages with zones for speed / pace, heart rate, step cadence, cycle cadence, and power.
• Force touch to start, stop, lap, or access settings from any page.
Your Elite subscription contributes to ongoing development and our responsive customer support. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same price. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription, where applicable.
Terms and Conditions: https://abvio.com/terms
Added a switch for Interrupt Spoken Audio in More > Settings > Announcements.
We also added an early look at our new support for Siri. Check it out at More > Siri and if you have any questions or feedback write to us at email@example.com.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’m getting back into running after many years off. I’ve tried all of the current crop of apps. Nothing is as flexible and configurable as this. Although the Apple Watch app is not “stand-alone” (bummer since I have an Apple Watch 3), the screens are beautiful and customizable. Audio cues are customizable.
In addition, the training plan is infinitely customizable. To be fair, it’s generic for say a 5k/10k and doesn’t have a “dynamic” component (where it’s modified every week) With others (mapmyrun, Runkeeper,) it’s surprisingly difficult to modify plans, switch a run from one day to another, etc....
I don’t know why this app isn’t more popular. As someone who has spent a bunch of time comparing the options ( including the premium versions) this was the best fit for me. Please pay the modest fee for the Elite version and continue to support it!
Lots of potential
First, they get 5 stars for support. I couldn’t get my Polar heart rate strap to work and I emailed them. Got a reply in less than 30 minutes, on a weekend, with a fix that worked. Pair it to the phone, not the watch.
Unfortunately the heart rate does not update very often on the watch app. It seems to only work when the phone is unlocked. Beyond that, the app has tons of potential. Great stats for running and walking. However, the interface really needs some help. All the right info is there, but it’s not pleasant to look at or use. On the watch screens you have to scroll to see all the info. I also enjoyed the running plans, the interval training features, and the emailing of runs to let others know where I am.
If the heart rate screen worked better on the watch I maybe would have paid the yearly fee. If it had that plus a better interface, it would be easy to pay for it. I’ll check back later to see how it develops.
Developer Response ,
Glad to hear that our support team was able to help you to get your Polar HRM working with the app. Not sure what problem you encountered, but displaying heart rate will be constantly updated on your watch even when your iPhone is locked. We do appreciate your feedback on the app design. And just FYI, you can customize all of the watch screens in the app to display your own choices for statistics and pages.
Best running app out there
I’ve been a Garmin guy for the past 15+ years but decided to see if I could switch to my Apple watch and be as happy. I tried a bunch of apps but didn’t find one that I liked better than my Garmin until this one. It does EVERYTHING and then some. My favorite feature is one that surprisingly few apps offer, the ability to compete against your previous times on a rout (ghost runner feature). This is something Garmin has always had and I’m glad to see in incorporated into this app. The only thing lacking is the ability to use it as a stand alone. Currently you have to take your phone along for the ride. I don’t have a problem with this, it fits nicely into my running belt, but I know others do.
Developer Response ,
We are thrilled to hear that we have been able to replace your Garmin! Thanks for your excellent review!
- Abvio Inc.
- 105 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Abvio Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Elite Upgrade $9.99
- Elite Upgrade $9.99
- Elite Upgrade $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.