Easily set up and record your Interval and Fartlek running sessions. With the flexibility of using time and/or distance as interval targets for your "Hard", "Easy" and "Rest" efforts. The simple but highly configurable interface on your phone and watch will have you running sooner.
Now with a Distance Goal option for your session. Along with great audio and visual feedback, detailed post-run summary, share your runs to Strava, and a full-featured Apple Watch app.
You can also record your regular runs with voice-over calling out distance and pace feedback.
• Easily create flexible custom interval sessions.
• Utilize three effort targets "Hard", "Easy" and "Rest" in each set, targeting time or distance (meters or miles).
• You can "Skip" any of the three efforts to create flexible sets, like building a progressive intervals session.
• NEW: Set a Distance Goal for your session, that repeats the sets from the start until the distance has been reached.
• Set a Warm-Up and Warm-Down timer or distance around your session.
• Clear and easily glanceable visuals and audio prompts, including vibrations.
• Voice-over prompts to save you from looking at the screen, great for iPhone or headphone users.
• Voice-over prompts include the upcoming intervals effort and time/distance amount, and your last intervals average pace and heart rate.
• Full-featured Apple Watch App!
• Heart Rate Zones! (see description below)
• Indoor Mode, no GPS, for treadmill running.
• Sound Mode, for normal, discrete or silent audio prompts on your watch.
• Vibration feedback on both the phone and watch.
• Detailed run summary, showing pace for hard and easy efforts.
• The run summary also includes interval breakdown, distance breakdown and heart rate details.
• Play music or podcasts while running and still hear the audio prompts.
• Sharing. Post to Strava or share a summary photo with your friends.
• Private data. We don’t send any of your data to a server or share it with anyone.
• Normal Run – Record a normal run, long or short.
• Record Intervals – If you run with a group or do an undefined session, then use the Record Interval option. It allows you to manually change between "Hard" and "Easy" reps, allowing you to record your session.
• Custom Intervals – Our fully flexible intervals that allow you to use time and/or distance for the efforts. Add multiple intervals sets together to create the session you want.
From the summary screen, you can share your runs with friends or across social media. We have built-in Strava sharing, allowing you to log in with your Strava account and share your run directly from RUN interval. Or if you want to share directly with friends or across other social media, you can share a summary image with the details of your run.
Heart Rate Zones: (Apple Watch Only)
Zones are displayed as grouped percentages of your maximum heart rate. Giving you an indication of your current work rate based on your current heart rate. Just enter your maximum workout heart rate into our Settings screen and they will display on your Watch the next time you run.
Zone 1: Very Light Effort 50-60% (Gray)
Zone 2: Light Effort 60-70% (Blue)
Zone 3: Moderate Effort 70-80% (Green)
Zone 4: Hard Effort 80-90% (Yellow)
Zone 5: Maximum Effort 90-100% (Red)
We don’t want to know where you have run, that's for you to worry about. We don’t send any of your data to a server or share it with anyone you don't want too. We keep your running records safe in Apple Health so you have control. Apple Heath gives you the control over who accesses your data. We only write and read the data we record from your running.
And because we don't send any data to a server, we need you to send us feedback and suggestions. Hit the Support link below or visit our website to contact us.
Improvements to Apple Watch layout when running.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Training App
I’m 68 years old and started to use this app to lose weight. I never was a runner and did not know where to start. In the beginning I set the interval at run .15 of 1/4 mile Run slow (Walk) .35 of 1/4 mile. Started running 1 mile and progressed to 3 miles using the same interval. Months later would run 1/4 mile Walk I/4 mile. After 8 months I ran my first 5K and finished 70th out of 287 and 4th in my age group (65 to 69) Today I run 2 to 3 miles per day 5 days per week. The benefits of running; After running 9 months I lost over 100 pounds ( 240 to 138) , no longer using insulin pump after 30 years of being a diabetic. I had two heart attacks in the past, cancer survivor and today take only one medication from dozens. Today I have no medical problems, Cardiologist and Endocrinologist can’t believe the transition. The App helps you start with baby steps and records your progress. My next goal is to run a 10K
Suggestion for App: create a interval for walk and run
I love this ap
I have never been a runner. I have wanted to my whole life. I am 40 now. 4 years ago I trained for a half marathon, but I walked it. No matter what I have tried I never felt like I could run, even when I was younger and played lacrosse and soccer. I avoided running at all costs, but now with this ap, I am training with the run/walk interval and following guidance for a “couch to 10k” plan, and I am currently doing 1:1 walk run for 30 minutes 3 times a week, and I find myself looking forward to it. The best thing about this ap is that it allows my music to play in the background without any issues. It gives you a little 3 second countdown beep over the music before the switch of speeds. I really like it. No notes.
Short story: If you are looking for a METRIC, DISTANCE INTERVAL app that will accommodate multiple rounds of more than TWO distance interval types at a time (i.e Walk 100m, Jog 200m, Run 300m for 7 rounds) this WILL NOT be your best option for an app.
I was really hoping to use this as a MUCH easier way to get in some distance interval training, without a track or predetermined route. This app looked more user friendly, and like a more simple way to achieve my runs. Unfortunately, it’s no easier than another app I have. I can only program 2 intervals at a time, and have those repeat. Most of the time, I personally have more than 2 separate metric distances to run in one interval/round. So, I’d have to create 2 separate “intervals” in order to achieve my FULL interval display, and continue re-entering the intervals in the app, since repeating rounds only works for one “interval” at a time.
Please make it easier to program for 3–5 separate distances in ONE interval at a time, and THEN the option to repeat the rounds. It’s a great app, when I only have 2 distances/times to run at a time.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Justin Templar
- 38.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 6.2 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 Justin Templar
- In-App Purchases
- The full RUN interval $2.99
- The full RUN interval $1.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.