Runnin'City is the App Store's simplest and most effective sight-running app.
How it works:
1) Lace up your running shoes and pop in your headphones.
2) Launch the Runnin'City route of your choice.
3) Start running! The audio GPS instructions will guide you.
4) Listen up: the audio guide will tell you everything you need to know about the city and its monuments, neighbourhoods, parks etc.
5) Take a shower and go impress your friends with your new-found cultural knowledge!
Oh and by the way, it's all totally free :)
What makes Runnin’City so good? It’s…
• CLEVER. There's no need for 4G, just download the route in advance when you're connected to the internet.
• EFFECTIVE. You don’t have to plan your route before you go.
• THOUGHTFUL. The app will guide you to the nearest point on the route, and guide you home again once you're done.
• SIMPLE. Runnin'City leads the way so there’s no need to read a map.
• THOROUGH. The app tracks your performance, giving you all the running stats you need. You can even share your data with the Apple Health app.
• CONSIDERATE. Not a fan of running? Feel free to walk! Runnin'City isn't one to judge.
• INFORMATIVE BUT NOT BORING. No complicated dates or names, that's a promise. It's an app, not a lecture!
What the media thinks:
"One of the 100 apps you need to have on your smartphone" - Challenges Magazine
"The must-have" - L'Équipe Magazine
"Gets your brain and your legs working" - Cosmopolitan
"Our app crush" - Running pour Elles
"You end up smarter and slimmer. What could be better?" - Do It In Paris
Runnin'City has been honoured with a prestigious Innovation Award at the 2019 CES in Las Vegas. So what are you waiting for? Download it now!
Psst: Interested in running and travelling? Follow us on social media!
Version 3 of Runnin’City will include the following features and developments:
- A brand new interface, which is eye-catching and easier to use, allowing users to clearly visualise the entire route and its points of interest before setting off.
- Live information on pollution and allergens. People can inhale up to 12 times more air when running than when walking. Therefore, to know the air quality before starting a workout, and to avoid heavily polluted areas, is absolutely essential.
- Live local weather forecast.
- A points system (similar to Air Miles with airline companies) which will reward our users for their efforts.
- Filters which allow users to customise their search: Route length, elevation, and route type (e.g. touristic, training, themed etc.) can all be filtered.
- A sharing feature, allowing users to recommend a particular route to friends and colleagues via social media, SMS and email, or to post their workout on Facebook.
Ratings and Reviews
- LM Sport Tourism
- 155.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Mile Positioning Solutions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.