Saga is the best way to save family memories. Grow closer by answering fun questions with voice recordings. It’s like getting a private podcast of Grandma’s childhood stories.
► Stay Close, Grow Closer
Saga helps families save life stories of loved ones. Discover family memories through beautiful stories, captured in their voice.
► Easy to Use
Family members can record by dialing into a special phone number, no app, typing, or smartphone needed. Or, record via the app.
Your stories are saved in a private family channel. Only the people you invite have access. Download your recordings at any time. Saga is ad-free and we never sell your data or stories.
► How Does It Work?
1) We send weekly questions, like “What was the biggest trouble you got into as a kid?” You can use our recommended questions or write your own.
2) Your loved ones record their answer in their own voice, on their own time, with no pressure. We made Saga easy for anyone to use — they can record by dialing a special phone number, even without a smartphone or the app.
3) Recordings are saved and shared privately with your family. It’s like getting your own personal family podcast of Grandma’s childhood stories.
For our complete FAQ, visit our website at trysaga.com/faq
► Why do families love Saga?
“Chose to listen to my mom's stories instead of Netflix. And wow. I’m learning so many things I never knew before. Thank you.” — Lisa M., mother and daughter
“This is MAGICAL. Feels like they are right here with me telling their stories, and not 3,000 miles away. It’s brought us closer … Beyond priceless, thank you!”
— Cristina A., daughter and granddaughter
“This was way easier to use with my mom than I expected, and now I've got something I can share with my kids someday. I loved it.”
— Jeremy S., son
• React and comment on incredible stories you’ve never heard
• Stay close to family even while apart or in different time zones
• Save and share memorable moments on voice audio, like a family album
• Capture memories for special occasions and events like birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, holidays, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, memorials, celebrations, reunions, parties, vacations, baby showers
• A personal version of This American Life, StoryCorps, or The Moth, but from your own family and friends
► Questions or Feedback?
We’d love to hear from you. Contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions now accessible from the bottom bar - edit, curate, and customize your family's questions easily
- Added design polish across the app
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
In today’s world, texting is the chosen means of communication, and this surely works. But me being old school, I find immense pleasure in the voice of a loved one, coupled with the nuances of the emotion behind the voice, so I felt this app was just up my alley. Whilst recording, I feel my voice fill with the vibrations of a cherished past that literally comes alive, as I take a trip down memory lane. The timing could not have been more perfect, for those left alone to fend for themselves (as we endure the pandemic) this app can surely be the perfect way to boost ones spirit. I found Saga to be very rewarding, it hones your memory skills (bye bye dementia...haha) and encourages more fruitful familial ties. It is cathartic in a way too, particularly if you are an immigrant and reliving some of the enriching experiences for your loved ones. For all those befriending “Alexa” hop on over to “Saga”
Thanks Amelia (I am Nikhil’s mom) and the rest of the team. This is going to be a winner all the way. I have to encourage the rest of the family to do their bit:)
Meaningful, useful, simple
My family has been using the desktop version and really liked it, but the mobile app is exceeding my expectations! It’s so easy to use. When I log in, I can immediately see our family recordings. The app makes it one-click easy to invite other family members as well. I love that a question of the week is posed to get the juices flowing. I think it would also be great to have a “record new story button” in case the story teller does not need a prompt to get going. Two of my favorite features are being able to react with a comment and/or emoji at any time during a recording. I also love the 10 second scrub feature too fast forward or rewind. Overall the interface is simple, beautiful and elegant. We will be recording our family stories for some time to come!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your feedback and for using Saga to record your family memories. Feel free to reach out to us at anytime with any other feedback or questions!
collect, share, and preserve precious family thoughts and memories.
It’s a tough task to have family-centered mindfulness in the midst of the chaos in a world where most of our moments have been seized by a mindless environment. A framework is needed to accomplish purposeful family connections that deepen our appreciation of this most important element in our lives. Saga is such a format. My family has eagerly participated and benefited from this unique modality to collect, share, and preserve precious family thoughts and memories. Highly recommended!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.