Sampletoy is a radical new musical instrument/plaything; part sampler, part granular synthesiser. Use it to capture sounds through the microphone, then play, loop, pitch and distort them live on the screen.
There are plenty of features under the hood, such as resonant filters, delays and envelope. You can enable "stepped" mode to play your sounds like a traditional keyboard, or keep it in "free" mode for some microtonal madness.
Once you've recorded a sound, use the main area of the screen to play it back at different pitches (up to 5 fingers at a time). You can crop the sound by dragging a selection over the waveform. The crop area is also multitouch and you can adjust the crop while playing the sound too.
The y-axis is pitch of the sound, and the x-axis is configurable to control filters or envelope.
You can record your performances on Sampletoy and send them via email within the app as a CD-quality wav file (mono or stereo)
* Create your own instruments out of any sound.
* Email your performances as audio files straight from the app.
* Built-in resonant filters, delay and envelope.
* Auto-saves current recording and state and recalls it again on next launch.
* Stepped mode allows chromatic, major, minor, pentatonic and whole-tone scales to be played.
* Totally multitouch - play up to 5 notes at once.
* 44kHz/16bit - professional quality sound.
* AudioBus3 output
* Import any audio file to Sampletoy from Files, Voice memos, DropBox etc
* Open non-audio files and hear what they sound like
* Bluetooth / Airplay support
* Built-in comprehensive manual.
* AudioShare now supports non-ascii file names
Ratings and Reviews
Oh my goodness thank you so much !!!!
I have had and used this app since my very first iPhone 4 in 2011 it has always been one of my favs and I can’t even tell you how many times I have referenced the fact that it never got an update , I was actually worried about the developer and thought perhaps he had passed away ...... I got an iPhone 8 Plus last month and was just devastated when it told me that this app would no longer even work at all on the new iOS
I almost considered downgrading everything just to be able to have it again
Imagine my sweet surprise right now when I just accidentally discovered you updated 5 Days ago !!!
Thank you thank you thank you and I’m so glad you are alive still !
Developer Response ,
Hi stanleylucas, thanks so much for the touching and almost poetic message, it’s basically the ray of sunshine that brought sampletoy back to life. So massive thank you!! Feel free to get in touch through elf-audio.com
Wants- level adjustment for input, backwards playback, sample edit(select and delete) maybe more FX options......not quite as cool as Filtatron by Korg, but still very useful. Awesome that you can email sound sample/performance w/ QuickTime. Sound quality is VG. Holding it down wit da K-Nutz krew Nyeeyonkah.
I loved koala so much I bought this other app by the same developer. For such a cheap price it's a pretty useful little thing and I'm sure it will fit in to my arsenal quite well. Simplistic but powerful in the right sample junky hands
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.