Hoist the Jolly Roger and set sail to find the legendary Titan’s Treasure! Do you fight with a cutlass, or with magic? Are you biding your time until you can shoot your captain in the back, or are you the reason the rum is gone?
"Scarlet Sails" is an 80,000-word interactive novel by Felicity Banks, author of "Attack of the Clockwork Army". Your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based--without graphics or sound effects--and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
• Enjoy an 80,000 word adventure on the high seas.
• One of the top ten games in the 2015 Interactive Fiction Competition.
• Choose your personality, fighting style, and magical skill.
• Choose who to love, including options for singlehood or polyamory.
• Face the horrors of your past, and of the deep.
• Find treasure, treachery, and maybe even true love.
• Play as male or female, gay or straight.
Bug fixes. If you enjoy this game, please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Potential all around
This story could have so much more. Somehow the writer got off track and game play mechanics in your choices started to not only be silly but also have little to no effect on the game. I did enjoy the pirate mentality, the pirate talk and the history of the story. If this writer took more time and a bit more effort this story could be almost as good as the hero project series.
This game had the makings for a great story... I mean, who doesn't like pirates! But the execution of the story left a lot to be desired. The experiences started out great and the first few scenes were really fun and had a lot of color, but the rest of the story after that felt rushed and linear. Your decisions seemed to lack impact which made me wonder what the point of it all was. And the character development went south really quickly about mid story. Overall, I loved the idea and the concepts that were introduced, and the characters could have been really exciting, but in the end it none of it really came together and it all seemed to fall apart. Sadly, not worth the purchase.
An uninteresting bore.
Short response: This game is an uninteresting bore, don't buy it.
Long response: The only reason this gets 2 stars instead of 1 is that I can see the potential for a great game here. The ideas for the magic are interesting, and pirates are awesome. That said, I can't reccomend this gane. The characters are flat, the choices uninspired, and the scenarios dull. I pushed through, hoping desperately that there would be something great, but there wasn't. The game ends in a rushed climax which left me feeling hollow. This was not the pirate adventure I signed up for.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hosted Games LLC
- 22 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Felicity Banks
- In-App Purchases
- Rest of the Game $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.