Take a scientifically inaccurate romp in pirate-infested waters! Will you prove to the Royal German Marinological Society that mermaids really exist?
"The Daring Mermaid Expedition" is a 71,000-word interactive novel by Andrea Phillips, author of "The Daring Adventures of Lucy Smokeheart." Your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based--without graphics or sound effects--and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
You are an up-and-coming researcher, tasked with proving the existence of mermaids in order to be admitted to the exclusive Royal German Marinological Society. With a member of the Society as your patron, you’ll brave pirate attacks and dubious academics to fight your way to Broken Shell Island and scientize the mythical mermaid kingdom. Play as a vengeful mermaid-hater, dispassionate scientist, or soft-hearted daydreamer. Or just chuck it all and embrace piracy on the crew of the infamous Lucy Smokeheart herself!
Will you join the illustrious ranks of the Society, or wind up in prison for scientific fraud? Spend the rest of your life living underwater, or be devoured by carnivorous fish-people?
You’re on a mermaid expedition—it’s time to sink or swim.
• Ten distinct endings to discover!
• Develop statistics like academic rigor, credibility, and blood loss!
• 100% gender-neutral. Play whatever gender and sexuality you choose! We're not the boss of you!
• Dozens of achievements! Or maybe one dozen. Or more? Actually we're not sure how many, we lost count! But there are definitely achievements!
• Guaranteed to be at least 92% scientifically and historically inaccurate!
• Navigate tricky interpersonal situations with wit, charm, or awkwardness!
• Seduce your patron – or become bitter academic rivals!
Bug fixes. If you enjoy "The Daring Mermaid Expedition", please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
The book missing that love I asked for
While it's pretty much perfect it's sad there is no behind the screen option to romance a mermaid
This game was great. Until it became a rip off.
I chose to try out the first 2 chapters for free, and then bought the remaining story because I wanted to continue. Once I bought it-- the game notified me that it could not download the latest version of the story. My money is gone and a few days later it still won't work.
I enjoyed the whimsy and it was entertaining. A bit short though.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Choice of Games LLC
- 25.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Andrea Phillips
- In-App Purchases
- Rest of the Game $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.