SchoolCafé is powered by PrimeroEdge, the leading school nutrition management software for K-12 school districts and food service providers in the United States.
Parents: Manage your child's cafeteria account. Apply for free or reduced meals. Make payments, view purchase history, receive low balance alerts, and view school menus containing nutritional and allergen information for items. For convenience, setup automatic payments to replenish your child's cafeteria funds. Know what is on the menu at the school cafeteria and provide feedback by rating and sharing items. Favorite your child's favorite items and SchoolCafé will send you a push notification to let you know when it's on the menu.
Students and Staff: Use SchoolCafé to check out what's available on the cafeteria menu each day. View nutritional and allergen information to help you make healthy decisions. Use "Make a Tray" to build your meal for the items available that day and see the combined nutrient information. Give your feedback to the school cafeteria by rating items. Favorite specific items on the menu so that you can know when they'll be available in the cafeteria. Connect to your cafeteria account to always know your account balance and have access to your digital ID card.
District Administrators: View helpful reports and useful analytics for users in your districts and help them manage their accounts.
SchoolCafé is available for participating schools only.
• Accessibility: We’ve added full screen reader support throughout SchoolCafé.
• Eligibility - Apply: We've fixed an issue where the application acceptance date was showing as invalid in some cases.
• Eligibility - Apply: Now, all students entered on the “Students” step of a parent’s application will display in the “Household” and “Review” steps of the application as well. This will make it easier to make sure that all students are accounted for without duplicating them.
• Parent Dashboard: We’ve fixed an issue where using the ‘Shop Campus Store’ shortcut resulted in not getting a confirmation after submitting a payment.
• Payment Info - Validate Bank Account: We’ve added a ’Remove’ button to allow users to remove a bank account that has not yet been validated. Also, the word ’deposit’ has been corrected to say ’debit’ instead.
• Make a Payment: For security reasons, CVV may sometimes be required when attempting to make payments via a card.
• As always, several other enhancements, bug fixes, and overall quality-of-life improvements have been made. Thank you again for all your support! We wish you the best in the current trials we are facing nationwide. Please reach out to us through your Support page if you need any assistance.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fast, Easy & Secure
This app makes knowing your child will always have money on their account for breakfast or lunch a breeze, no more worry or hassle to ensure they are always fed, with the app feature to set low limit balance alerts at the dollar amount of your choice, with the selection of limiting which items they are allowed, allowed occasionally and are restricted from purchasing without you having to be there, you are also able to ensure healthy choices are being enforced even while not in your care, if you so choose to use these features it’s all an extra bonus to the ease of the app in adding funds to your child’s or children’s account lunch balances, snack balances and so forth, definitely worth downloading, no more sending your child with money to school for breakfast or lunch and no more wondering if they ate lunch or breakfast at all that day, with the app keeping record of where and what the money was spent on, water-drinks-food tray- chips- snacks, I love the app by far!
Convenient for Parents
Very easy to use. I like the use of an App rather than having to go to a website or even worse, sending a check in with your child. I also like it that I can see the purchase history. I once found out that my son was buying lunch for his friends, not cool. I put the squash on that really quick by setting purchase limits on his account. (Though, I also found out that the school was allowing him to buy extra meals anyway (not an App issue), so I had to contact them to talk to the lunch staff, to make sure they were abiding by the parents’ requests. Make sure when you choose your purchase limits through the App, that the school staff is actually following your requests!)
Convenient and customizable!
I have two children and I can add different amounts of money to each of their cafeteria accounts since I have one child who eats at school everyday and one child who mostly takes a lunch from home and doesn’t need much money. I was also able to transfer the money from the one who didn’t use the cafeteria at all last year to the other’s account. I also appreciate the customization options where I can place limits on how much my child can spend on “extra” snacks and things and I can see what she buys every day. I’m very glad our school district is using this app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.