Join the millions of readers who turn to Scribd’s digital library to access an unlimited* number of audiobooks, ebooks, magazine articles, sheet music selections, and research documents.
“Put an entire library in your pocket with a subscription to Scribd.” - Entrepreneur
“Scribd is a massive library that's home to millions of books, audiobooks, magazines … and even sheet music. (Sheet music!)” - Mashable
“The fact that I could have access to all the greatest minds, mysteries, and stories for $8.99 a month was (and still is) crazy to me.” - Business Insider
Scribd’s digital library includes bestselling and trending audiobooks and ebooks in every genre, including:
• True Crime
• Personal Growth
• Science Fiction
• Health and Wellness
• Personal Growth
• Celebrity Narrated Memoirs
• Religion and Spirituality
• Current Events
A Scribd membership also includes unlimited access to:
• Sheet music selections that cover every musical genre, instrument, and difficulty level. Play the classics or explore current hits from popular artists.
• Articles from hundreds of magazines including People, New York Magazine, Time, The Atlantic, Entrepreneur, Bloomberg Businessweek, Men’s Health, Women’s Health, and more.
• Unlimited access to the world’s largest document library, which includes more than 60 million documents including official government reports, case studies, study guides, academic dissertations, medical reports, and more.
All content read or listen to on Scribd can be synced across multiple devices, and there are special features that are included in your membership at no additional cost, including:
FEATURES FOR THE AUDIOBOOK LISTENER
• Customize your narration speed
• Set a sleep timer
• Download audiobooks to listen offline
FEATURES FOR THE EBOOK READER
• Download ebooks to read offline
• Make notes and annotations, and add bookmarks
• Customize your font size, type, and background color
• Choose horizontal or vertical page scrolling
FEATURES FOR THE DOCUMENT / EPUB READER
• Download documents to read offline
• Save or print your documents
Our membership is a monthly subscription that starts at $8.99 and automatically renews unless the subscription is canceled at least 24 hours prior to the next billing date.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Download the free Scribd app and start listening and reading today!
We release new updates every two weeks, which means you’ll get access to the latest bug fixes and updated features as soon as possible.
Ratings and Reviews
Fabulous service - even with limitations
Scribd truly blows Kindle Unlimited (and even Audible to some extent) out of the water, especially if you read a lot of serious non-fiction. They also have an amazing selection of British mystery audio books btw. I have to admit I have not run into the 'limit' problems some others have reported. I have no idea why, but this may well be because I don't tend to check out bestsellers or really popular titles.
However, if you are interested in Art, History, Culture, Language etc., I can pretty much assure you that you have discovered Valhalla with Scribd. To me, it's like a massive digital treasure house set up for easy browsing. I often find obscure monographs here I can access nowhere else online for any price. Also rather than waiting weeks to checkout a title via our local library via Overdrive, I usually have instant access through Scribd.
That said, I do still have occasional problems with the search function finding a particular title even though it turns up being included after all. Our excellent local library system makes a valiant effort to have many e-books available, but only has a tiny fraction of what I can access via Scribd. Anyway, 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️'s - a great value and I am a very satisfied subscriber.
Scribd sells their subscription as “unlimited,” which is true...if what you’re after is an unlimited catalog of books you’ve likely never heard of and have no interest in reading/listening to. You can listen to between 1 and 3 popular or recent books, and then you’re prevented from reading other recent literary and/or popular titles until the following billing cycle. This is fine if you know it going in (a big if, as they’re not upfront about the details of their model for obvious reasons), but disappointing if you learn about it the hard way. I read and listen to upwards of 12 books a month, mostly recent releases. I was hoping to find a better model for my audiobook consumption (I listen 3-5 per month), but Scribd is not the one for me. It may work for you if you read significantly less or have an interest in backlist titles you’ve probably never heard of. I’m sure there are hidden gems in the part of the catalogue that’s always available, but my purpose in trying Scribd was to work through my massive TBR, not to waste hours of potential reading/listening time sifting through a virtual stack of books, the vast majority of which have little to no appeal to me. I’m left wishing that Scribd were honest about the service they offer—a couple of audiobooks per month for less than the price of one from the most popular audiobook distributor. That’s not a bad service to offer! But the mendacity of claiming the service is “unlimited” chafes me, so I’m out.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback, we're sorry to hear Scribd was not the best fit for you! We're constantly growing and improving, and hope you'll check us out again in the future! If you'd like to email us at email@example.com, our team is happy to assist you with anything else. Thanks!
Have to agree with the other reviews about audio books
3/7/19- though I am disappointed in the limit on audio books, if they had just explained up front, what the * means in regard to them instead of having us figure it out, it would not be so upsetting. So, if you do listen to a lot of audiobooks and not take advantage of the e-books, magazines and other materials, be aware that you may be limited.
Third month in and I guess I listen to too many audiobooks because all that appears now are old classic books with black covers no matter what category I choose. For instance The Boxcar Children appears under Contemporary Fiction, Scribd recommends, Mystery, Bestsellers, Mystery, Romance and every category there is. The daily recommendations has disappeared and the top lists have remained the same for over a month. I also get variations of the same canned response when I submit a ticket. This is sad for such poor customer service. I am going back to the public library for my audiobooks. Enjoy the free month and maybe the first paid, they are worth it but beware after that.
- 288.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Indonesian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012 Scribd Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Scribd Membership $8.99
- Scribd Membership $8.99
- Scribd Membership $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.