Scriptable is an automation tool that enables you to write scripts that integrates with native features of iOS such as files, calendars, reminders, documents and much more.
With Siri Shortcuts you can present images, tables and more in Siri as well as making Siri read out loud a text when you run a script from a Siri Shortcut.
There's a growing gallery of scripts to get you started with Scriptable.
Here’s a few examples of scripts you can create:
- Ask Siri whether a web service is down.
- Create a widget that shows data from your weather station.
- Postpone the next event in your calendar half an hour.
- Check what is currently on TV.
- Manage a list of movies you would like to watch.
- Upload files to an image optimizer and store a URL to the optimized image.
- Receive a notification with the weather report every morning.
- Create todos with prefilled data in your favorite todo app using URL schemes.
- Auto complete of variable names, functions, keywords and properties as you type.
- Create your own widgets. Your scripts run on the Home Screen without needing to open the app.
- Siri Shortcuts enabling you to present images, tables, websites, HTML and more in Siri as well as making Siri read out loud a text.
- Support for input and output parameters in Siri Shortcuts.
- Easily schedule rich notifications to run your scripts periodically.
- Work with files and directories from third party apps using File Bookmarks.
- Synchronise scripts to all of your devices using iCloud Drive.
- Assign one of over 800 glyphs and a color to a script to easily identify it in your directory of scripts.
- Run scripts directly on your Lock Screen and Home Screen using widgets.
- Run a script by 3D touching the app icon.
- Run a script from a share sheet and process the inputs.
- Schedule notifications and run a script directly from a notification.
- URL schemes enabling you to run scripts from other apps.
- Support for x-callback-url enabling advanced integration with other apps that support x-callback-url.
- Export and share scripts.
- Example scripts helping you get started creating your own scripts.
- Extensive documentation for all the native APIs you can use in your scripts. Available offline in the app and online on docs.scriptable.app.
- View the documentation in a separate window on iPad.
- Support for dark mode.
- Customise the editor to your liking.
The date in Contact.birthday will now fallback to using the current year when no year is set.
Ratings and Reviews
Best iOS interface I’ve ever seen
Theirs is truly no app that can compare to the sheer number of ways to interact with iOS on Scriptable. I was skeptical at first with this app because theirs so many useless apps for programing on the App Store and this one is 1000% better than the best I’ve seen. Seriously this app doesn’t cost a dime and I’ve been using it for the past couple of days and not ONE ad has opened, its amazing! Not to mention the possibilities with this app you can create timed notifications check sites. And best of all you can basically add Siri functions to your phone. Nothing else truly compares to this app if I could I would give it more than 5 stars.
Should Be An Editor’s Choice App
With that being said, I do have a few bugs and feature requests for the developer. The features include:
- Word wrap toggle: on iPhone, it’s a pain to have to enter landscape mode just to make sure all the indentations are as they should be. A word wrap toggle would be a big help.
- Theme choices: we should have the option to use a different theme for light/dark mode (for example: one dark pro, etc)
- TypeScript support: this is pretty self-explanatory
And the bug:
- Accessing Contact and ContactsContainer in a widget results in a blank widget. However, this does seem to work if you preview the widget in-app using present.
I’m finally comfortable doing iOS automation
I’ve been meaning to try Scriptable for a long time, and finally gave it a spin today. It’s SO MUCH better than using Shortcuts’ scripting language!
Not only did I get my “upcoming birthdays” script working the way that I wanted it to, I was able to fix a date range bug in JS that I couldn’t figure out how to do in Shortcuts. Plus, as a bonus, now I’ve got a widget using my script that works with parameters.
All this after noodling around for just part of the afternoon. Thanks so much for Scriptable.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Simon Stovring
- 27.8 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Simon B. Støvring
- In-App Purchases
- Large Tip $4.99
- Small Tip $0.99
- Medium Tip $2.99