Scripts: Learn Chinese writing 4+
Kanji, ASL, Cyrillic,Hiragana
PLANB LABS OU
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Learn a new writing system with Scripts app:
Korean Hangul, Japanese Hiragana and Katakana , Chinese Hanzi, American Sign Language (ASL), Indian Devanagari, Russian Cyrillic and Latin alphabet
Drops Scripts takes the boring out of reading and writing in a new language. Learn Chinese characters, the Korean alphabet or the Japanese writing system with gorgeous minimalist illustrations and fast paced mini games.
The best part? It only takes 5 minutes a day. In fact, that’s all the time you get! Insane? Yes. But does it work? Absolutely!
Why Drops Scripts Works
• Drops Scripts is 100% visual: Learners connect the characters and letters directly to their pronunciation. Doing this cuts out the middleman. Learning is faster, better, and more fun!
• 5-minute session limits: Limiting learning time may sound counterintuitive but it makes Drops Scripts incredibly addictive. And that’s a good thing in terms of language learning.The obstacles standing in your way of finally starting to read and write in a new language are made obsolete. No excuses: you ALWAYS have 5 minutes!
• Effortless practice: We took a good look at why games are fun and addictive, and then integrated those elements into Drops Scripts to create an app that is incredibly immersive. But unlike other games, you don’t waste your time playing. Instead you build a valuable asset--the ability to read and write in a new language.
• Rapid pace learning: We believe in fast-paced, intuitive learning, and typing on your phone’s keyboard is anything but fast. Say hello to rapid swipes and taps! You’ll need those extra seconds to get the most out of your 5 minutes. ;)
• Writing focused: Learn to write in Chinese, Japanese or Korean with curated games and activities that make learning a new writing system fun. Drops Scripts focuses on one thing and it does it extremely well.
• Forge a learning habit: Drops Scripts wants to convert you into a language learning addict. No matter how effective your learning tool is, if you don’t use it on a daily basis, it doesn’t really matter. Drops Scripts breaks down those barriers for you so that learning to read and write in a new language becomes a regular part of your day.
Every letter and character in Drops Scripts is accompanied by high-quality audio and pronunciations, recorded by professional voice talent.
Drops Scripts offer a complete package for free for casual learners: 5 minutes of blazingly fast and epic fun learning per day with more than 3 writing systems. More dedicated language learners can subscribe for premium features to achieve faster progress and unlimited learning time.
• Our goal is to empower the people of the world with knowledge of a new language by providing a special tool that uses the universal language we all recognize: images.
P.S.: We take full responsibility for any potential addiction to language learning.
Have questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Length of subscriptions:
- 1 Month
- 12 Months
Price of subscriptions:
- 1 Month – 9.99$ per month
- 12 Months – 69.99$ per year
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
We've made improvements to the Scripts app to offer you a better play experience. Happy language learning!
Ratings and Reviews
Fun so far
Just had my first 5m free lesson and it’s great for me as a beginner. I’ve downloaded tons of apps for learning Chinese this week and definitely love the simplicity and beautiful design on this one. Others who recommended this app did NOT recommend it as a one stop shop, just a helpful, fun supplement to more robust learning you can get from other apps/services. Check out Chinese writer as well, seems a fun app for learning to write. There are TONS of free/cheap apps for Chinese learning so definitely look around and enjoy what the App Store has to offer. This one is great for making simple, steady progress on writing. No bugs noticeable, everything worked smoothly.
I understand this app is for beginning stage Chinese learners, but as someone who has learned how to write Chinese, I can say that these characters are not really accurate. This app is using a strictly computer based writing format for Chinese. It is similar to how English writers would almost never write the letter “a” how it looks when you type it. The Chinese character “人” was the first character that I “learned” on this app. I’m not sure why, unlike other apps, this computer based version of the word “人” is exactly how it appeared on the screen. Anyone who knows Chinese knows that it should look more slanted to the side when you handwrite it. Just search on Wikipedia for “radical 9” and scroll down to the gif of a stroke order animation to see the difference in how the character “人” looks when you write it by hand. I checked the English handwriting section, and it looks like how the handwriting practice books give it, so why are the Chinese characters not given the same way? I am very disappointed that an app that is supposed to teach you how to write would teach in this fashion. It’s almost as if this app was coded without ANY input from someone who knows how to write Chinese.
Developer Response ,
Hey, thanks for calling our attention to this! We have shared your comments with our content manager, so they can make all the necessary adjustments and refinements happen, as soon as possible. If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know.
Some of the tones spoken don’t seem to match the written tone
It’s more frequent in their other app Drops. If I could hear it in a couple different ways, or hear it in a sentence, it would help distinguish what’s just someone’s voice and what’s the correct pronunciation. Also, I have romanization turned on not just the adaptive, so it should be giving me the proper written tone; I’d like to not sound like an idiot if I try to say “cao” to say grass and actually heard “cào” when I was learning it (something you don’t want to say.) That isn’t really the word for grass anyway and it’d be nice if that was clarified since some of the radicals are and some aren’t. It’s teaching you from nothing which is nice, but it would be helpful if the app explained what radicals are and how their meanings change. I dunno, I’ve only used it three days so maybe there’s a master plan I don’t understand. I’ll update this review when I get more information/ the audible portion is updated to be more varied and more like the speech I’m used to hearing.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thanks for giving a try to Scripts! We constantly work hard on improving and expanding the app and the content, so please stay tuned! Keep playing and let us know if there’s anything else you would suggest us to refine!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PLANB LABS OU
- 130 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 PlanB Labs OU
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $9.99
- Premium $39.99
- Premium $159.99
- Premium $69.99
- Premium $14.99
- Premium $41.99
- Premium $55.99
- Premium $179.99
- Premium $69.99