Learn a new writing system with Scripts app:
Korean, Japanese, Chinese
Drops Scripts takes the boring out of reading and writing in a new language. Learn Chinese characters, the Korean alphabet or the Japanese writing system with gorgeous minimalist illustrations and fast paced mini games.
The best part? It only takes 5 minutes a day. In fact, that’s all the time you get! Insane? Yes. But does it work? Absolutely!
Why Drops Scripts Works
• Drops Scripts is 100% visual: Learners connect the characters and letters directly to their pronunciation. Doing this cuts out the middleman. Learning is faster, better, and more fun!
• 5-minute session limits: Limiting learning time may sound counterintuitive but it makes Drops Scripts incredibly addictive. And that’s a good thing in terms of language learning.The obstacles standing in your way of finally starting to read and write in a new language are made obsolete. No excuses: you ALWAYS have 5 minutes!
• Effortless practice: We took a good look at why games are fun and addictive, and then integrated those elements into Drops Scripts to create an app that is incredibly immersive. But unlike other games, you don’t waste your time playing. Instead you build a valuable asset--the ability to read and write in a new language.
• Rapid pace learning: We believe in fast-paced, intuitive learning, and typing on your phone’s keyboard is anything but fast. Say hello to rapid swipes and taps! You’ll need those extra seconds to get the most out of your 5 minutes. ;)
• Writing focused: Learn to write in Chinese, Japanese or Korean with curated games and activities that make learning a new writing system fun. Drops Scripts focuses on one thing and it does it extremely well.
• Forge a learning habit: Drops Scripts wants to convert you into a language learning addict. No matter how effective your learning tool is, if you don’t use it on a daily basis, it doesn’t really matter. Drops Scripts breaks down those barriers for you so that learning to read and write in a new language becomes a regular part of your day.
Every letter and character in Drops Scripts is accompanied by high-quality audio and pronunciations, recorded by professional voice talent.
Drops Scripts offer a complete package for free for casual learners: 5 minutes of blazingly fast and epic fun learning per day with more than 3 writing systems. More dedicated language learners can subscribe for premium features to achieve faster progress and unlimited learning time.
• Our goal is to empower the people of the world with knowledge of a new language by providing a special tool that uses the universal language we all recognize: images.
P.S.: We take full responsibility for any potential addiction to language learning.
Have questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Length of subscriptions:
- 1 Month
- 12 Months
Price of subscriptions:
- 1 Month – 9.99$ per month
- 12 Months – 69.99$ per year
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
We added a new script! You can now learn Devanagari, the alphabet used by Hindi and other languages, with Scripts.
Ratings and Reviews
Refreshing as a cold shower
Coming from learning languages as a hobby, I was surprised and excited when I discovered an app that focused more on the writing than speech. My memory was bogged down by strokes and slashes; There was something missing in my own methods, something that Scripts provided. For five minutes a day you can learn to your hearts content- truly a masterstroke in design, when time is so readily discarded by distractions and engagements. I recommend this app to anyone looking for a new way to learn a language, but don’t have enough time in the day to sit down and learn one. You won’t be disappointed.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thanks for giving a try to Scripts, we're happy to hear you like it! The 5 stars are much appreciated! :)
Some of the tones spoken don’t seem to match the written tone
It’s more frequent in their other app Drops. If I could hear it in a couple different ways, or hear it in a sentence, it would help distinguish what’s just someone’s voice and what’s the correct pronunciation. Also, I have romanization turned on not just the adaptive, so it should be giving me the proper written tone; I’d like to not sound like an idiot if I try to say “cao” to say grass and actually heard “cào” when I was learning it (something you don’t want to say.) That isn’t really the word for grass anyway and it’d be nice if that was clarified since some of the radicals are and some aren’t. It’s teaching you from nothing which is nice, but it would be helpful if the app explained what radicals are and how their meanings change. I dunno, I’ve only used it three days so maybe there’s a master plan I don’t understand. I’ll update this review when I get more information/ the audible portion is updated to be more varied and more like the speech I’m used to hearing.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thanks for giving a try to Scripts! We constantly work hard on improving and expanding the app and the content, so please stay tuned! Keep playing and let us know if there’s anything else you would suggest us to refine!
Good app.. but mandarin not free?
I downloaded this app thinking “oh! It’ll be fun to learn some Chinese out of class.. and the way Duolingo does it is getting a bit boring..” I’m learning Mandarin in class, and I was like “what? There’s no Mandarin?” I did my first five minute session and it told me what man was and I’m like “no man is nan but whatever I’ll let it slide” and then I checked.. you had to pay to get mandarin. I would honestly rather get ads. Like a lot of em. I prefer most of your content being free. I can stand ads. I can’t stand certain and valuable content not being free. I’m deleting this, but I’m hoping if you are reading this and wanting to learn Mandarin, i’m just gonna say that Duolingo is probably a better option unless you feel like paying. 再见！
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thanks for giving a try to Scripts, and sharing your thoughts with us! We constantly work hard on improving the app and the content, stay tuned!
- PLANB LABS OU
- 108.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 PlanB Labs OU
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $31.99
- Premium $9.99
- Premium $159.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.