Professional marine navigation used to require an expensive GPS plotter. Now, same technology used in merchant shipping is available for the iPad and iPhone.
Seapilot lets you navigate like a pro with vectorized S-57 chart data from National Maritime Administrations. This is the first navigation app to feature Automatic Identification System (AIS) and built in weather forecasts, when within a mobile network. Charts and features available as In-App Purchase.
Use it to navigate, to plan tomorrow’s boat trip or reminisce about yesterday’s. (PS. Even works in your sofa at home.)
• Free trial period of included functionallity
• Professional navigation based on merchant shipping standards for ECDIS (Electronic Chart Display and Information System)
• S-57 chart data (In-App Purchase) and AIS data from National Maritime Administrations
• Developed by True Heading, leaders in marine navigation and communication at sea, with cutting-edge AIS and VHF know-how
Δ Positioning and background positioning via GPS
(Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life)
Δ Visualization of S-57 chart data from National Maritime Administrations
Δ Autonomous navigation - charts (In-App-purchase) downloaded to the device
Δ Option of tracking your own boat on the chart
Δ Displays position, course and speed
Δ Adjustable own speed and course vector
Δ Man Overboard function
Δ Display settings for day, dawn/dusk and night
Δ Past track
Δ Plotting/marking objects
Δ Electronic bearing and range marker from own vessel
Δ True Motion and adjustable North Up / Head Up chart orientation
Δ Chart object search
Δ AIS target search
Δ Setting of safety contour (2, 3, 6, 10 and 15 meters)
Δ World chart for rough overview/orientation
Δ Facebook integration; share position with friends or all users, list friends, show friends or all users on chart, post on was
Δ Weather Routing
Δ Weather Forecast, High quality 5-day Coastal Weather Forecasts.
Δ AIS data from National Maritime Administrations via Internet (3G or WLAN)
Δ Course and speed vector for AIS targets
Δ NMEA-0183 interface for connecting external GPS/AIS via WIFI
Δ Import/Export to GPX-file
== Auto-renewable subscriptions in Seapilot ==
• Seapilot Premium, Annual Subscription: $39.99
• Swedish Charts with automatic updates, Annual Subscription: $8.99
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
End User License Agreement
iOS 7.0 or later, iPad or iPhone with GPS. (External GPS unit can be used for other models.)
Based on 140 years of experience, Seapilot has been developed by True Heading (www.trueheading.se/us) – experts at AIS, VHF, marine navigation and communication at sea.
• True Heading is a leader in AIS products with over 40 years of navigation experience. – An authority on professional navigation.
Your input is essential in helping us further develop Seapilot. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com. For the latest info, like Seapilot on www.facebook.com/seapilot.se
• Better GRIB-file support.
Thanks for using Seapilot!
Ratings and Reviews
no lake okeechobee in FL
the fact that Lake Okeechobee is missing from the Florida map, is a bit disturbing
Great and Getting Better
I’ve been following SeaPilot from their beginnings and their connection to Raymarine my primary chart plotters and VHF, I gave it a try. The coastal charts around Florida are enough to get around on, the AIS responds quickly. Each update improves it even more. Diehard fan and hope to continue to see more growth and integration in the app. Awesome stuff thus far, looking forward to even more.
Very good Chart Plotter
Have used Sea Pilot for a year now, ever since Garmin stopped supporting their iPhone plotter.
Tried most of the other apps, and paid for several only to find that they were not adequate.
Sea Pilot is very good. Charts are accurate and seamless. Very easy to plot a course and edit as needed easily.
Thanks for a great product that was desperately needed.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SEAPILOT AB
- 132 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, German, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Seapilot AB
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $39.99
- Swedish charts with automatic updates $8.99
- US East $0.00
- US-Great Lakes. One year subscription. $11.99
- West Canadian $14.49
- US West $0.00
- East Canadian charts $14.49
- Spanish charts with automatic updates $17.49
- US-West. One year subscription. $13.99
- Finnish charts $19.49