Kyms is an inviolable vault that allows you to hide and encrypt multimedia files, documents, passwords and much more with military grade security (AES Encryption).
Kyms is the only App on the Store that decrypts files in real time, without any waiting! By tapping on a video, for example, it will start immediatly and the decryption will continue in background.
With KYMS you can hide, encrypt and protect:
- Photos: includes also an editor with thousand of effects
- Videos: non standard formats too (Flv, Avi, Wmv, Mkv etc.) ALL DECRYPTED IN REAL TIME WHILE WATCHING!!
- Documents: Pdf, Text - can be created and edited -, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Pages, Numbers, etc.
The KYMS Premium package, available as in-app purchase, lets you hide and encrypt also:
- Contacts: you can import your phonebook contacts or create new hidden contacts.
- Tasks: with expiration date and three priority levels.
- Cards: Credit cards or any other type of cards, with enhanced barcode reader.
- Recordings: You can also record audio files while your device screen is locked.
- Any paper document: thanks to the multipage scanner with automatic page detection.
The media can be imported from:
- Device photo library: select multiple items by dragging your finger and remove them from library automatically after import (iOS 8 is required).
- Device Camera
- iTunes: using USB cable or iTunes WiFi sync
- Your Mac or Pc through WiFi: by using a standard desktop browser and dragging files on it
- Web: Thanks to the integrated multitab browser with background download capabilities
Integrated Browser features:
- Multi-tab fast internet browser
- Password saving feature
- Ultra-simple video download feature: start a video to obtain the download button.
- Tap&Hold on any link to start download.
- Enhanced private bookmarks and history management with folder support
Pin & Password
Kyms includes a customizable database to create your secured pin and password archive.
Additional security features:
- Login with: 4-digits Pin+Alphanumeric password and Touch-Id login (Touch-Id is only available on iPhone5s, 6, 6 plus, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3)
- Panic Gesture: Put your hand on the screen or close the smart cover to log out immediately (not supported on iPod and iPad1)
- Bug fix and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Utilizing for years
I’ve been using the other app for years and just noticed there’s another (perhaps newer) version? Is there a way to migrate data from one to the other and restore purchase? Is there any difference? I’ve downloaded this one and noticed the UI is faster and Touch ID actually works. If I may make a few suggestions: can we get a way to have the photo albums/collections be listed as a List instead of Thumbnails, it would make organizing waaaay faster (for example I like to keep my collections in an alphabetical order to find them easier). Also add the ability to add a collection within another collection (folders or something), it would be greatly appreciated! Lastly, a way to have Touch/Face ID without the Pin for those that want to do without entering a password all the time. Overall no complaints and I understand why we can no longer have the calculator feature.
February 6, 2019 - It's been a while and the App has changed. It no longer has a calculator on the front end which was nice cover. The app had what appeared to be a simple calculator and you had to enter four numbers and then it would open to another security firewall that needed a longer password to enter the vault. I liked the calculator, but it would have been nice to have a more meaningful calculator...perhaps an interest bearing calculator where one could actually use it. Example: a field for the interest rate, a field for principal, and a field for time.... This is a useful device to have and then one can use it as cover for searches...and files.
2012 It is nice to have a program that keeps your searches and files associated private. Like the reviewer before me said, there needs to be different faces as this grows in popularity.
Ruined by personal advertising prompt
I can handle advertising it's fine and the devs need to make money, but there is this issue wherein frequently when you try to access your files, the pop window of the personal advertising prompt appears and you have to agree with it or you won't be able to access the app and it's contents which would be fine the first time you agree to it. The most unbearable issue here is that it pops up EVEN if you don't have internet and if you already agreed to it the first time. If you are in a situation where you don't have a wifi connection and afford to use your data you are pretty much stuck with a blank loading screen that you cannot exit nor can you access the contents of your app leaving you with a brick. What's the point of having the app if you can access it. Please fix this at once I am tired of not being able to access the app because your pretentious agreement window keeps popping up (even if I agreed to it the first time) when there is no internet connection thus leaving the window not loading and not letting you proceed any further.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IdeaSolutions S.r.l.
- 102.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2013-2017 IdeaSolutions Srl
- In-App Purchases
- Remove advertising $1.99
- Premium features $2.99