With Sennheiser's AMBEO Smart Headset, capture the world around you in immersive 3D audio! The Smart Headset control app enhances your experience with additional features and customization options.
- With the Situational Awareness setting, turn on Active Noise Cancellation to tune out distractions and tune into your music and video. Or, turn on Transparent Hearing to blend your surroundings with your music for the perfect level of awareness. Enable alternate Transparent Hearing levels to adapt to different surroundings like concerts, urban settings or quiet spaces.
- Set the Recording Level of the 3D microphones for Natural level (general surroundings) or Reduce level (loud concerts and other high volume events).
- Personalize your playback EQ response with two music settings, a spoken word setting, or your own EQ curve.
- Customize the Smart Slider for an array of functions, from quickly launching your favorite audio or video recording app to enabling Interact mode to communicate with those around you.
- Enable Voice Prompts for an audible confirmation of settings changes made with the Situational Awareness rocker switch and Smart Slider.
- Get up and running with the Quickstart guide - a convenient reference for the Smart Headset's features and controls.
- Update your Smart Headset: check the current firmware version and update if necessary.
resolve Firmware Update issues
Issues with EQ to be resolved in a future update
Ratings and Reviews
Ambeo Smart Headset
I have been wanting a good solution that would give me the ability to make binaural recordings from my iPhone or iPad for a while now. The Ambeo Smart headset has given me this amazing, and I might venture to say underrated, ability. In an earlier review of the Smart Headset app I stated that I would update this review if I received a headset and since I have, here are my findings.
First, I’m happy to say that the app is just about fully accessible to a VoiceOver user. Using VoiceOver, you can set up your Preferences for the Smart Slider and the rocker, and enable or disable voice prompts. You are even able to choose EQ presets for the headset. Unfortunately, the QuickStart guide still does not read with VoiceOver, and there doesn’t seem to be a way for a voiceover user to set a custom EQ curve. Hopefully these issues will be fixed in a future update. Moving away from accessibility, I wish the app made it possible to Force the headset to use a specific microphone. For example, it would be nice if I could use the headset for an app that supports stereo audio for VOIP (such as TeamTalk) but tell the headset to use the telephone microphone so that I’m not constantly transmitting binaural audio to the people I’m talking to. But still, if you’re reading this review and are looking to buy the Ambeo Smart Headset, or you already own one, regardless of your ability to see the screen, I highly recommend you install this app for it onto your iOS devices.
The microphones are 5-star worthy, but...
The Ambeo Smart Headset, especially the binaural microphones, definitely lives up to the Sennheiser name. The audio quality and binaural 3D effect is incredible...but with one flaw. There is currently no way to adjust the volume level from the mics, which causes high-volume recordings such as rock bands, marching bands, and loud environmental noises to distort and become unusable. The recording level switch in the Apogee app doesn’t appear to make any difference whatsoever, no matter which recording app I use. I sincerely hope that Sennheiser and Apogee can put their very smart heads together and solve this problem. Otherwise, I fear, the smart headset will become just another novelty.
Not made for real world concerts.
These things are great for ambient recordings and possibly some acoustic music. They give an awesome realistic 3D environment. However that is not the reason I purchased them. I deal with live music as a profession and I wanted a fast easy way to capture concert clips on my phone for social media etc. the problem is that at any modern concert I have tried them at. From Elton John, Pink, Chvrches etc they have been a miserable failure. They have a setting for louder environments but that is not enough of a pad to keep the mics from severely overloading to unlistenable levels. I don’t know if sennheiser can create a software update to reduce the gain structure further but my fear is its the mic capsules being overloaded themselves. They are not for recording live modern music. And they should not be marketed as such until they figure out how to keep the massive distortion out of the signal chain. And yes the levels in the iPhone recorder were not clipping. It’s all straight from the headset.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Apogee Electronics
- 81.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.3.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3.3 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2017 - Apogee Electronics Corp. All Rights Reserved.