- Do you procrastinate and spend your time mindlessly?
- have problem with focusing?
- often get distracted while trying to focus?
- maybe you are burned out because you worked too much and forget to take necessary break?
- or, maybe have an ADHD?
Session can help you with your focus problem.
Trusted daily by tens of thousands of engineer in Silicon Valley, independent studios in Madrid, writers in Netherlands, and creative worker + freelancer all over the world.
It helps you be more productive by guiding you to work in sessions, block distractions, track your time, and remind you to rest.
GET INTO HABIT OF WORKING IN TIME BLOCK
Inspired by Pomodoro technique, Session helps you block your time for focus. 25 minutes or 45 minutes is all you need to get closer to your goal
KEEP YOUR FOCUS BY BLOCKING WEBSITES AND APPS THAT DISTRACT YOU (MAC ONLY)
Session block distracting website and apps when you started a Session. It'll automatically restore your website when you are on rest / session has ended.
BLOCK SLACK TEAM
Session will automatically mute Slack team you choose when Session has started and open them up again when Session has stopped working.
DON'T FORGET TO TAKE A REST
Forcing yourself to work on long period of time is ineffective. Rest is as important as work / study. Why? Because rest is a crucial time where you:
- store what you have learned in your head, and where
- your brain solve difficult problem on the background.
Notice that you usually get a new idea and solves problem when you're on walk and shower. Or anywhere where you're away from "work".
AUTOMATE YOUR WORKFLOW (AUTOMATIC DO NOT DISTURB, PLAY MUSIC)
Imagine having no distracting notifications while working on. It's possible by turning on Do Not Disturb. What if you can turn it on when you started your Session, and disable it after Session ends—all automatically? Or maybe change bulb color, play Apple music when Session has started? Different playlist on break? It's possible with Session.
Automate it with AppleScript on MacOS and Apple Shortcut on iOS
SEE YOUR SESSIONS ON APPLE CALENDAR WITH ONE WAY SYNC.
See automatically create Sessions on Apple Calendar to review how your day has progressed.
REVIEW YOUR SESSIONS
Are you spending more time on a task than it's worth? Session keep you mindful by tracking your work and ask what you have learned after Session has ended.
Session tracks what you have worked on, what have you learned, and for how long. Review your progress and journey that you have made.
Need support? Contact email@example.com for assistance!
Learn about what Session can do here: https://www.stayinsession.com/learn
Join our Discord community channel here: https://discord.com/invite/5KASx2T4RU —
2.4.8: Fixed Applescript and Apple Shortcut bug.
- Shortcut: total focus time now show hours
- Shortcut: Add Session - category now show user categories
Last month we said that Session have one of it's biggest update yet. This one takes it's throne.
First, we revamped Calendar.
- Calendar now render times normally without merging similar Session into one block like it used to be,
- calendar is also swipable. You can easily change dates by swiping (or clicking button) left and right,
- easier to start / save your Session, directly from Calendar,
- Calendar name that has matching Session category will be indicated with small color circle. This helps you start / record Session directly from Calendar
- also, now you can create calendar event directly from Session,
Second update is on Widget. We made a widget for iOS and macOS! This enables you to:
- see your active Session,
- trailing 7, 14, 28 days progress,
- this week / this month progress
…directly from your notification center (on macOS) or homescreen (on iOS).
Third: Shortcut. We added various convenience like pause, start, stop Session. Or even ask Siri how much focus you had today (configurable) on Apple Shortcut.
And last but not least. Language support. Session now support (and translated by our amazing user):
- Simplified Chinese (Tan Ya & Xiuxuan Wang),
- Portugal Portuguese (Jorge Rosado),
- Hungarian (János Kiss),
- Turkish (Mustafa Orhun ERDOGDU),
- Dutch (Mustafa Yücesan), and
- Indonesian (Philip Young)
If you want to see Session in your language, please don't hesitate to contact us! Let's make Session available for everyone.
All in all, I really hope you enjoy this update as much as we do :)
Ratings and Reviews
Best way to keep your focus!
If you aren't scheduling your day on a calendar than you have to start now. Using a todo-list can be useful but shouldn't be your primary method (there are plenty of people who have good explanations).
Once you accept that premise, this app becomes essential. Using a calendar is very primitive; while it is great way to schedule events sessions in advance, it is a poor way to record your actualized work. Philip has put a lot of thought into this problem and it shows. The UI/UX is great and every new feature is well thought out. Phillip also does a great job communicating with users on discord and responding to suggestions. Very excited to see this grow (and it will)!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for staying for so long Egdenis!
This UI is very beautiful and the app is a joy to use. Definitely worth the money!
However, this app is still not perfect. In my opinion, the buttons on the "break" interface don't look that elegant compared to other parts of the app, and when I'm in the double-panel mode, the "break" interface is red, but the calendar is white, it just looks strange to me. Wish the "break" interface can be improved in the future.
I am also curious why can't I view the calendar when I am focusing. Sometimes I need to check my schedule while working.
Despite these small issues, this app is still the best pomodoro app out there. Thanks for building such a fantastic tool!
Developer Response ,
Make sense. I'll think about it
Helpes me stay calm
This app is not only helping me be more productive but has also helped me increased mindfullness which I wasn't expecting but it's a happy surprise.
For context, I'm a software Engineer. One of my biggest challangeas when working is going too deep into the rabbit hole and getting lost in my thought process when fixing bugs. Taking regular breaks helps me stay focused.
I love this app for it's simplicity but it also has all the information that I need.
Features I love:
- It syncs wiht my apple watch so that I get notified when my breaks are over when I'm away from my macbook.
-It Reminds me to take a breath before I start each session. I extend this to a minute of deep breathing on my own, but I wish this was customizable.
- There is a count down on the top menu so I can always chech quickly how much time is left in this session.
- It asks for focus at the beginning of the session and a reflection at the end of it which helps me be more aware of my efficiency and allows me to optimize my workflows.
Developer Response ,
Really happy to hear all these!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Philip Young Gunawan
- 34.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Dutch, Hungarian, Indonesian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Philip Young
- In-App Purchases
- Session monthly subscription $4.99
- Session yearly subscription $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.