SFTP Server allows you to share / exchange files via the SSH File Transfer Protocol (also Secure File Transfer Protocol, or SFTP).
* Note: ports below 1024 are not supported due to sandboxing.
• Secure file transfer
• Built-in SFTP accounts (independent of the macOS accounts)
• Per-user home directories
• Simple and easy to configure
• Supports popular SFTP clients such as FileZilla and WinSCP
• Supports documents, photos, movies, apps, backups, folders and other files
* Please restart the SFTP service after changing the configuration / the SFTP accounts.
* The default document root points to "/Users/*username*/Library/Containers/net.langui.SFTPServer/Data/Documents/SFTPShare", you can press Command-G in Finder to go to the destination folder.
* The log file is located at: ~/Library/Containers/net.langui.SFTPServer/Data/sftpserver.log
• Support read only permissions
• Add an option to start SFTP service on startup (SFTP Server Preferences -> Advanced)
Ratings and Reviews
Great little app!
This is a great app for setting up an SFTP server on a Mac. The built in macOS server is nice, but it is not easy to configure and OS updates will reset your configuration changes. This app adds all the features that should exist for SFTP in the macOS Server App. You can change the SFTP port, which is a great idea for security purposes. You can set up specific users with read/write access on their own specific home folders. I couldn't ask for me.
Simple and effective
Excellent alternative to the service disappeared in macOS Server High Sierra. Clean and simple interface. It works perfect. 5 stars.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.