World's Best Book Summaries
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Join thousands of curious Shortform readers to get smarter, faster.
Get the highest quality book summaries and analyses available in the world. Shortform summaries contain the book's key ideas, plus analysis comparing those ideas to other books.
Remember the key lessons from books you’ve read, and discover new books you need to read.
Reinforce the key lessons with interactive exercises that challenge you to reflect on your past and improve your life.
Trust in writer quality. Shortform summaries are written by professional authors, PhD’s, and Ivy League graduates.
Check out Shortform summaries of this week’s NY Times bestsellers:
• Sapiens, by Yuval Harari
• Educated, by Tara Westover
• Born a Crime, by Trevor Noah
• Why We Sleep, by Matthew Walker
• 12 Rules for Life, by Jordan Peterson
Check out Shortform summaries of these all-time classics:
• How to Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie
• Thinking, Fast and Slow, by Daniel Kahneman
• The 48 Laws of Power, by Robert Greene
• The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey
• Quick 1-page summaries to understand the book at a glance
• Chapter-by-chapter comprehensive summaries and analysis
• 550% more ideas covered than other services
• Audio narrations so you can learn on the go
• #1 Bestsellers and all-time classic books
• Interactive exercises to apply the key lessons to your life
• Highlight your favorite passages and take notes
• Share key points with friends and co-workers
• 18 book categories, including Business, Health, Self-Improvement, History, and more
• Printable PDF downloads for your reading convenience
• Offline mode to read without Internet
• Features coming soon: publishing feed, reading tracker, and more...
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
"Shortform has by far the best book guides available anywhere. They cover key points and have much more original analysis and content than other summaries.” -- Andy T.
"You guys really hit it out of the park with this summary! I’ve never seen such a complete yet concise summary of this book. The exercises are perfect – not overwhelming or meager, but just right. Thanks for making me smarter every day." -- Stacey M.
“If real books are like fine wine, and book summaries are box wine, Shortform is 100-proof vodka.” -- Gregg P.
Have questions or feedback? Email us at email@example.com any time.
Terms of Service: https://www.shortform.com/terms
Added and upgraded dependencies for analytics and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Highlight the words being read
I love this app and am able to read way more books than I ever could. The audio book function is incredible and sounds like an authentic person. The one thing I would request though is that the words being read by the narrator be automatically highlighted because I lose my place a lot when I’m trying to read it and listen at the same time.
I did not want a Year subscription for $200 but also Super GLITCHY
So, I tried a trial and I was going to try it out for a couple of months to see how much I would actually use the app, but instead got a fun surprise that I signed up for a YEAR for $200. Had I been able to pay month to month - I would have quickly realized that the app is poorly designed, extremely glitchy (it crashes all the time) and it never can remember where I was if I click out of the app, so when I return to it, I end up in a different place than where I began.
Additionally- I DID reach out to ask them to let me pay month to month and the person who responded to my email apologized and asked if I had any “special requests for specific books”. Honestly- I don’t see this app surviving WITHOUT stealing from people. The book selection is abysmal. I am TRYING to utilize to get my money’s worth, so I can at least learn something and glean some information, but they are making it extremely difficult with the Poor Customer service, terrible glitchy app design and lack of materials. I would not recommend this app to anyone.
Fantastic content, poorly designed and buggy app
This app needs a major overhaul. It’s hurting their business. It’s buggy, crashes, and features just stop working. Ex: I clicked the “skip ahead” button while listening to audio and the screen turned from light mode to dark mode while the audio was unchanged. Sometimes the audio stops after you lock your screen, sometimes it doesn’t.
As far as the design, the default screen has a search box but it only searches content you’ve already put in your library. It should search for new books/articles by default. That’s what people are most likely to look for. The audio playback is a mess. I can’t scrub the timeline. The skip back/ahead buttons don’t tell me by how much or let me adjust the time interval. I can’t view a list of chapters and move between them from the audio controls. I have to back out of them. Clicking the next chapter/previous chapter buttons yield unpredictable results.
The app needs a lot of work.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shortform Inc.
- 58.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2021 Shortform Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $23.99
- Annual $194.99