Join thousands of curious Shortform readers to get smarter, faster.
Get the most detailed, comprehensive book summaries available in the world. Shortform summaries are chapter-by-chapter summaries containing ALL the key points of the book.
Remember the key lessons from books you’ve read, and discover new books you need to read.
Reinforce the key lessons with interactive exercises that challenge you to reflect on your past and improve your life.
Trust in writer quality. Shortform summaries are written by professional authors, PhD’s, and Ivy League graduates.
Check out Shortform summaries of this week’s NY Times bestsellers:
• Sapiens, by Yuval Harari
• Educated, by Tara Westover
• Born a Crime, by Trevor Noah
• Why We Sleep, by Matthew Walker
• 12 Rules for Life, by Jordan Peterson
Check out Shortform summaries of these all-time classics:
• How to Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie
• Thinking, Fast and Slow, by Daniel Kahneman
• The 48 Laws of Power, by Robert Greene
• The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey
• Quick 1-page summaries to understand the book at a glance
• Chapter-by-chapter comprehensive summaries
• 550% more ideas covered than other summaries
• Audio narrations so you can learn on the go
• #1 Bestsellers and all-time classic books
• Interactive exercises to apply the key lessons to your life
• Highlight your favorite passages and take notes
• Share key points with friends and co-workers
• 18 book categories, including Business, Health, Self-Improvement, History, and more
• Printable PDF downloads for your reading convenience
• Offline mode to read without Internet
• Features coming soon: article summaries, publishing feed, and more...
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
"Shortform has by far the best book summaries available anywhere. They cover all the key points and are far more detailed than other summaries.” -- Andy T.
"You guys really hit it out of the park with this summary! I’ve never seen such a complete yet concise summary of this book. The exercises are perfect – not overwhelming or meager, but just right. Thanks for making me smarter every day." -- Stacey M.
“If real books are like fine wine, and other book summaries are box wine, Shortform is 100-proof vodka.” -- Gregg P.
TRY SHORTFORM FOR FREE
Sign up for a 5-DAY FREE TRIAL. Read summaries of books you’ve always wanted to read and spend time with our exercises.
Have questions or feedback? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org any time.
Terms of Service: https://www.shortform.com/terms
Introduced audio narrations and playback
Performance and usability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Worthless Idea and App
This is maybe the most pointless, or most blatantly money-grabbing app I’ve maybe ever seen in this space. They’re just stealing sales from real authors and publishers by offering book reports on their books. How is this even legal? If I were one of the publishers, I would have a real lawsuit claim that these guys are trying to steal my sales. The whole premise of this app is to read their book reports versus buying the book. And the book reports are so dry they’re barely readable. Sorry, but you shouldn’t waste your time with this free app, let alone actually pay money for a subscription. Give your money to the real authors that actually came up with an original idea in the first place.
Developer Response ,
Hi there - we totally agree that our book summaries are not replacements or substitutes for the original book. Our customers read our guides to augment their understanding of books they've already read - we draw out the main points and help people review the author's ideas. We pay tribute to the authors, feature links to buy the books, and link to the authors' published guides and websites. We've had many authors approach us to summarize their books, which is testament to the idea that they see services like ours as a way to help their readers.
App is garbage
No matter how many times I reset my password I have trouble signing in.
High quality summaries with a good range of important books. A great tool to remember books I’ve read before and to discover new books I want to read. The best summaries I’ve ever seen
- Shortform Inc.
- 28.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Shortform Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.