"I've tried other DBT apps and none of them come close to this one. It's a real life saver... literally!"
"I'm so glad to see someone help people who does DBT. VERY VERY good app."
Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills are a must, not just for people who have BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder), but for just about anyone living in this world alongside others.
Are they necessary skills? No. Could anyone benefit from them? Yes.
DBT Skills Groups are booked out weeks and often times months in advance. This means that if you want to get in one, you may be waiting for a long long time, especially if NOW is when you need help.
DBT Skills Groups focus on SKILLS. This means that practicing the skills is much more important than anything else. And luckily, once you learn the skills, you will retain them for the rest of your life!
If you are practicing DBT Skills and want a Diary Card, this app is great for you since it has the following:
• A Calendar to add a Daily Diary Card with 28 DBT skills.
• Descriptions of each skill if you forget
• Examples of each skill
• Premium Users have access to 28 Original Videos for the 28 DBT Skills.
• Statistical information based on 1 day, 7 days, 28 days, or ALL records. That way if you are in a weekly DBT class, you can easily see which skills you have been focusing on, and which you have been missing.
• A Notification reminder that you can set to remind you daily at a specific time to do your DBT Skills Diary Card.
• Beautiful photos and artwork along with a backdrop that changes based on what season we are in (Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring).
• Add your own music to the DBT Skills Diary Card to make the experience more enjoyable.
• Full Version Users: You can now send PDF files with your diary card stats + notes via email, or print to your AirPrint printer straight from within the app. Email your therapist/counselor with just a few taps in an easy to read and print format!
• As part of our series of DBT apps, your progress will be saved between apps as well, so you'll have access to all your data no matter which DBT app you are in.
• Earn Messages Stickers as you progress. Send them to friends via a text!
• Unlock more than 1 type of Diary Card so you can continue doing your daily card in a format that fits your lifestyle!
• Want to track extra information? Though DBT classes don't require it, you can add custom tracking data for each Daily Diary Card entry. Of course, since this is optional, you simply need to toggle it on to start tracking right away.
a) Track Anxiety and Depression using a modified K10 test.
b) Track Target Behaviors and your response to them.
c) Track Emotions to see your range and average mood over time.
This is the most enjoyable DBT Skills Diary Card in the App Store! Download it today!
v4.0 Huge Update! You can now create an online account on our new server! It's brand new, so doesn't have everything we'd like implemented, but here's what you can do now:
• Create an account and login/out on different devices (limited syncing capability currently).
• Backup your data
• See new statistics based on the DBT Community that is updated daily
• Access to a new forum for our users to talk with one another.
• New "First Diary Card" video and videos section to consolidate our videos
• New 'Instructional' section which shows all of the skills and an overview, without needing to open a Diary Card first.
• Improved Tutorial (no longer plays music, allows you to turn on/off optional modules)
• Improved Diary Card Help Section (shows our new First Diary Card video)
• You can now change the background image of the Home Screen and Classic Diary Card from the App Settings Page.
• Enhancements to the keyboard in many areas (some inputs didn't automatically capitalize sentences, and some buttons couldn't be tapped before dismissing the keyboard first).
Ratings and Reviews
Please fix bug on classic diary card
A great app so far but unable to progress through tracking daily emotions on classic diary card as “continue” is grayed out at the bottom.
*EDIT: The error was mine. I was not choosing an answer for each emotion. Eg., if I did not experience the emotion of, say, envy for the day I was leaving that blank, rather than choosing 0 as my answer. All emotions must have a rating before being able to progress.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the info! I'll take a look at it tomorrow when I get a chance and try to figure out what the problem is. Can you email me so I can try to pinpoint where your issue is? I'm guessing it's one of the add-on modules where the continue button isn't working? firstname.lastname@example.org is my email.
Missing half of the Diary Card!
This app unfortunately only has the back side of the “official” DBT diary card, where you note which skills you used that day. It might be good to continue using after you’ve completed a term of DBT, to stay refreshed on your skills. However, most people currently working on DBT would need the front side of the card, where you make notes about the day, track intensity of emotions such as Anger and Anxiety, and keep track of your weekly Target Behavior. Not sure why the app only has the back side.
Also, I found the bubble animation on each question to be a tad slow, especially if you were trying to enter a couple days at a time.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! All those things you wanted actually are in the app! When I did my DBT class, I wasn't taught to track daily emotions and/or target behavior, so there were only the 28 skills to track. But many people requested what you did, so I added those as Optional Modules. You can toggle them on from the App Settings Page. From the home screen, just tap Menu > App Settings, and toggle the optional modules you want on. Once they're on, you will be able to complete them whenever you finish the default 28 skill Diary Card.
To address the slow bubble - I agree, it's a bit slow. This was intentional - to give a slower transition between skills. But to compensate, especially because people get used to doing the skills and may want to go much quicker, there are 3 styles of Diary Card you can do - Classic, Flash, and Simple. The Flash and Simple are much faster, and are unlocked after doing a few days of the Classic Diary Card.
I'm thinking on adding some new options to the tutorial - like allowing the user to toggle on the Optional Modules if they so choose. That way, they can still do them, even if they haven't gone through the app, since the options are a bit tucked away.
Again, thank you for the review :) It helps to get feedback to focus on attention on the areas that are lacking. Good luck on your DBT practice!
Great DBT skills use tracker
I am using the free version and find it to be really helpful. A really useful alternative to carrying a card around. I love that it queries you about the use of the skills. Also that there is an explanation of each skill too. Like that you can turn off the background music.
- POP POP LLC
- 52.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2019 Pop Pop LLC. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Full Version $3.99
- Donate $0.99 USD $0.99
- Donate $1.99 USD $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.