SkewTLogPro gives you one-touch access to powerful skew-t log-p charts. View charts using your current GPS location, airport ID code or lat/lon. Each skew-t log-p chart provides a visual indication of temperature, dew point, winds aloft, and wind speed at various altitudes.
Note: Data is pulled from NOAA
** NEW ** Added the ability to view the lifted parcel line
• Added support for Canadian Airport IDs
• View charts along your route using 'View Route'
• Added support for GFS for all locations outside the continental United States (Option in Settings)
• View many values such as CAPE, LI, LCL, and many other options through settings
• Save charts for offline use
• Ability to view Skew T Log soundings by touching a location on a map
• One-touch access to skew-t log (p) charts from anywhere in the United States.
• View skew-t log(p) charts using your current GPS location, airport identifier or latitude and longitude.
• Scroll forward and backward to view past and forecast charts.
• History list allows easy access to previously viewed locations.
• Select how many previous and forecast hours are charted
• Double-tap to zoom in for more detail on the soundings.
• Great for aviators, glider pilots and weather enthusiasts.
-Fixed issue with the Parcel Line setting working
-Fixed graph interval text color on the iPad on the Route view
-Fixed an issue when running a route on the iPhone, closing the data view would reload the graphs
-Added the ability to view the lifted Parcel line. Enable this feature in Settings
-Overhauled look and feel of the entire app
Ratings and Reviews
Great tool for pilots!
This app is a really good tool for telling you what to expect with regard to current weather, and can help you improve your own forecasting. Using this app and learning enough to be able to understand all it has to offer ought to be part of being a pilot.
It's really fun to look out the window at any time of day, estimate the height of the clouds I see, and then get on SkewTLogPro and use the graph to see how close I estimated. The graphs always match the ceilings given by the 3 airports near here.
And the app's charts are a whole lot easier to read than NOAA Skew-T charts.
Outstanding information for All pilots
Once you spend time to learn how to use a ‘Skew-T’ chart, this app is quick and easy to use and could easily save your life. You can quickly see where the cloud layers will likely be, where you will probably run into to turbulence, and more importantly, where you will likely run into ice. Yes, you can get the data from other sources (NOAA, and where this app draws its information) but not as easily as this. Thank you for the great app that makes flying safer!
A “must have” meteorological tool
So, when all you “junior jet-jocks” are ready to graduate, and go along with the “big boys/girls”, you’ll need this app. It requires setting aside time for self study to use effectively; but that’s why you’re being paid “the big bucks.” In fact, if I was doing your employment interview, I’d incorporate some skew-T questions. “Get the picture?” 🤨🧐
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.