Skype – Connect, Create, Talk & Discover, now with Bing GPT-4
SKYPE WITH MICROSOFT BING, POWERED BY GPT-4
Ask Bing 1:1 or in any group chat:
- Help me plan a trip to Europe this summer
- Write a dad joke and translate it into any language
- Ask for movie recommendations
- Unleash your creativity
Skype is now integrated with Bing, cutting-edge AI-powered copilot, the latest generative language model from OpenAI that you can use for free. With ChatGPT in Skype, you don’t need any technical knowledge, just ask a question like you would a friend.
Bonus points: Try asking ChatGPT in your native language and find the most interesting question to ask!
SKYPE WITH ANYONE FOR FREE
Skype is the best way to stay connected with anyone, anywhere, anytime. Whether you want to talk to your family, friends or colleagues. You can make free video calls with up to 100 people, send and receive text messages, use ChatGPT with others, send voice messages, emojis, share your screen to show what you’re working on.
ADD A SECOND NUMBER TO YOUR PHONE
Need more privacy? Get a Skype Number, it’s affordable and private. With additional Skype subscription you can also call landlines and mobiles at affordable prices in most countries in the world.
With Skype’s new Today tab you can get free personalized news. Stay informed, productive, entertained, and inspired with up-to-date news.
Skype-to-Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
• Privacy and Cookies policy: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507539
• Microsoft Services Agreement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
• EU Contract Summary: https://go.skype.com/eu.contract.summary
All permissions are optional and require consent (you can continue using Skype without granting these permissions, but certain features may not be available).
• Contacts - Skype can sync and upload your device contacts to Microsoft's servers so that you can easily find and connect with your contacts that already use Skype.
• Microphone - The microphone is needed for people to hear you during audio or video calls or for you to record audio messages.
• Camera - The camera is needed for people to see you during video calls, or for you to be able to take photos or videos whilst you’re using Skype.
• Location - You can share your location with other users or use your location to help find relevant places near you.
• Photo Library - Storage is needed to be able to store photos or to share your photos with others you may chat with.
• Notifications - Notifications allow users to know when messages or calls are received even when Skype is not actively being used.
• Siri - This allows Siri to make calls in Skype.
• Calendar - Access to the calendar is so that calls can be scheduled and added to the calendar.
• Motion Usage - Motion usage is used so that Skype can detect when your device is rotated, so that Skype can orientate the camera correctly.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
From the new baby to the latest sales figures, Skype makes sharing our big news better. Anyone can start calling, texting, and video-conferencing—or even dialing landlines—thanks to the intuitive design. With zillions of Skype users to connect to, it’s one of the most useful apps on our iPhone and Apple Watch.
Still really happy. Telecom bargain!
I’ve left several reviews, but as an American living in Italy with lots of family in the United States, paying just over $30 a year I can make unlimited phone calls to any phone number, landline, cell phone, or even toll-free number using Skype. I know there are other free services but most won’t let you call land lines or toll-free numbers. Having that subscription I also pay another $30 a year for a San Francisco phone number that anyone can call in the United States that reaches me here in Italy on my Italian cell. It’s also great because that’s the number that shows up as caller ID when I make calls. Highly recommended. And I love the fact that if you hold your finger on the icon you can bring up the dial pad and quickly paste in any phone number in the US. The subscription plan is very cheap and very good. ONE BIG TIP: if you travel outside of the United States BEFORE you go take out a United States subscription which is now either three or 3 1/2 dollars. This way you can make unlimited calls back home for a month while you’re out of the country when you’re on Wi-Fi. Yes there are many ways to make free phone calls but the subscription will let you call landlines, toll-free numbers like maybe your bank or credit card company that you can’t access with other free services. If you make only one phone call while you’re away it will pay for the service. Then just cancel it when you get back home.
ONKY SOLUTION WE FOUND!!!
Our family is in a trip for the week atone of the Hocking Hills cabins where there is no cellular service or connections but they do have WiFi. We thought we’d be able to use WiFi calling but it didn’t work. The cabin also has an internet phone but was experiencing difficulties with connecting so we had NO phone.
It wasn’t a huge deal but for safety reasons I prefer to have an emergency line to call out. I downloaded several apps that said we could make calls via WiFi and none worked. I also tried using my business line which we use a digital service provider for and it worked but only twice then kept failing. Our second day here while in my wife’s computer Skype popped up which I had forgotten about. And man was I glad it did because it worked AMAZINGLY! Outside of a lag in the call it was the ONLY things that worked which allowed us to contact the cabin staff regarding the phone and schedule some of the events we wanted to do with the kiddos.
Truly appreciate having Skype!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 185.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2003 - 2024 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Skype Credit $4.99
- Skype Credit $9.99
- United States $3.49
- United States Skype number $7.99
- Skype Credit $24.99
- World $15.49
- China $3.49
- World Extended $19.99
- Iran $7.99
- 1-Month US Unlimited mins $3.49
Get things done within this app using just your voice.