Tampa Bay weather forecasts and the power of FOX 13’s SkyTower Radar from WTVT – right in the palm of your hand! Track storms in Florida quickly and easily with this free app from FOX 13. Our improved design gives you radar, hourly conditions, and 7-day weather information just by scrolling. Our weather alerts will warn you early and help you stay safe during storms.
Why download FOX 13’s SkyTower Radar app?
* Interactive radar map lets you zoom in to your neighborhood and see storm tracks and other severe weather alerts.
* Get your hourly and 7-day weather forecasts at a glance, with fully integrated GPS to give you accurate conditions wherever you are.
* Receive immediate severe storm warnings and lightning alerts so you can stay safe.
* Video forecasts from the FOX 13 meteorologists allow you to stay informed even during power outages.
* Tropical weather storm tracks and updates from MyFoxHurricane keep you safe and prepared during hurricane season.
* Add and save your favorite locations, anywhere in the world.
* Share your weather photos and videos easily with FOX 13.
* performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
October 2017 update is not desirable
Not pleased that you have to set your location access to Always rather than just when using app in order to get radar at your current location. I don’t want any app accessing my location always and it made it a little less convenient to use this app.
Before this update, this app was my regular radar viewing app. Very good radar and the other options (forecast and video) are excellent.
Not liking the changes
I’ve noticed two updates over the past month. One was an interface change and now the radar change. The radar seems to hang at the last place I was at when I closed the app. If I go back in say 15 minutes later, it’s at the same image until I put it into motion. Also this radar isn’t as detailed as the previous app.
I put it in the junk category due to the inaccurate weather radar, it’s the on reason I downloaded it.
When heavy rain is hitting my roof and the radar shows clear, something is not right.
I downloaded weather channel and accuweather and looked at all three all but fox13 shows the storms.
So after the third day of this I deleted fox13 and kept the weather channel, even though it’s slower even when on high speed internet.
I see they’re are alot of 1 stars here so i guess I should of checked first.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.