CONTROL FANTASY RACES, SET OFF TO CONQUER NEW LANDS, OVERTHROW YOUR ENEMIES AND CLAIM THE VICTORY!
In this digital adaptation of the legendary board game, dive into a world inhabited by whimsical fantasy races.
Take control of the dwarfs, wizards, amazons, giants, orcs or even humans. Then send out your troops to battle mercilessly and conquer new regions. Make shrewd use of the special powers of your races to expand your empire and win the game! Meanwhile, weaker civilizations will be ruthlessly chased out of this Small World! Carve out your place in a world that’s too small to accommodate everyone!
This game of strategy and conquest can be played over and over again thanks to the nearly endless combinations of races and special powers. Whether you’re a newbie or an experienced player, you’ll love playing this classic board game with simple rules and tactical gameplay.
• MULTI AWARD-WINNING BOARD GAME: a digital adaptation of the award-winning board game that won the prestigious, Spiel des Jahres prize
• HEROIC FANTASY: a heroic fantasy world full of humor with 14 Races and 20 Special Powers
• ACCESSIBLE: accessible and tactical gameplay
• SOLO: play solo against the AI. Games of one to five players
• ONLINE MULTIPLAYER: challenge your friends or other players around the world
• LOCAL MULTIPLAYER: play with other people in the room by connecting to the same Wi-Fi network.
• EXCLUSIVE BOARDS: discover exclusive boards for 3, 4 or 5 players
• EXPANSIONS: Enhance the game with new 34 Races & Special Powers to discover in the expansions: Cursed!, Grand Dames, Be Not Afraid, Royal Bonus... and A Spider's Web, available in the game shop.
IDENTICAL RULES to the original board game but with the BENEFITS OF DIGITAL:
• A tutorial to make learning the rules easy
• Automatic point scoring
• Play anywhere, anytime with family, friends or other players around the world.
- Add on the rules the number of token of winter and loot token
- Update A Spider's Web expansion image on the expansion box in English
- Now when put in decline combo with heroic power copied we remove the heroie token from the board. Same with fortified Power.
- Remove the peace indicator of diplomate power when player allie put in decline its combo
Ratings and Reviews
Everyone’s Favorite (Ages 10-87)
We take this game camping with us with my in-laws and the only down side is that seven people can’t play. We ALL love it! Our youngest was 10 when he first played and he’s now 14 and still can’t get enough. Our other two kids, 17 and 20, my wife and I, and my mother- and father-in-law (87) can easily get playing and laughing long past bedtime. We love the board game, too, but the app makes it super easy to keep track and to go fast enough that no one is ever bored. The extensions are a MUST. Once you get the hang of it, definitely add them in one at a time to keep the fun going. Especially once you have them all, the power + creature combos are endless.
Sadly No Longer the Best Game Ever for iOS
Updated review: With the July 2020 updates, I have to drop my rating. The game crashes 1 out of 10 times. It also freezes when the bots don’t know what to do, such as with heroic + halflings (not enough places to put heroic shields) or with sorcerers who run out of tiles. The game lags a lot too, which is sad because it used to run seamlessly. The bots are dumber than ever, sticking with a race for the entire game when they’re only scoring 3-4 points each round.
It’s evident that Asmodee isn’t committed to making this a solid entry in their iOS gaming line. Other games by the developer are awesome and run very well. Please make the needed changes so the game returns to its former glory!
I've played most of the Euro games available for the iPad. While many are good, I get bored of them too easily. Not with Small World. I can play it anytime and still enjoy it. Plus, the new update is amazing! Keep it up, Days of Wonder!
I never played the actual board game but if you want a polished board game that is entertaining and contains just enough strategy then this is highly recommended. The amount of sheer combos of and ever present ability to switch combo characters on the fly adds endless possibilities. Presentation is awesome and user friendly. A great gem of an app.
With the fast forward button, games are a mere 10-15 min and if you exit it's saved. I picked up Be not Afraid and can't wait to play it.
I have not tried online multiplayer though so I can't speak to that. But solo games can be with bots or bots + other pass and play people.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Asmodee Digital
- 520.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2020 Small World digital published by Twin Sails Interactive. Small World original game created and published by Days of Wonder.
- In-App Purchases
- Cursed ! $1.99
- Grand Dames $1.99
- Be not Afraid! $1.99
- Royal Bonus $1.99
- A Spider's Web $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.