The Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART) eTickets app allows you to purchase and use tickets instantly on your phone using a debit or credit card. Simply download the free app, register your e-mail address in our secure system and you're ready to ride.
With the SMART Train Mobile Tickets app, you can:
· Purchase one-way or round-trip tickets
· Receive a discounted fare if you qualify as: Youth (5 -18), Senior (65 & Older) or
a passenger with disabilities
· Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders
· Store multiple tickets on your phone for future use
· Activate tickets
· Register your debit/credit card in our secure system
· You need an account to use mobile tickets. An account only requires an email &
· Once you purchase your ticket it will appear in your "ticket wallet"
· Activate your ticket shortly before boarding the SMART Train
· If you purchased multiple tickets remember to activate all of them. Tickets are displayed
in order of activation. Swipe to advance to the next ticket
· Be prepared to show your active ticket(s) to SMART personnel
· Keep an eye on your battery level. You are held responsible for having a mobile phone in
good working order and usable prior to boarding. If your mobile phone is inoperable you
must use some other payment method for the journey
· Mobile tickets do not need cell phone or WiFi services to be activated. However, you do
need connectivity during the purchase of the ticket.
· Mobile tickets are valid for 90 minutes after activation
· Mobile tickets that have been purchased, but not activated, will expire after 30 days
· Transfer credits are not available via the SMART mobile ticket app
· If you lose or purchase a new device you can transfer any valid, unused tickets to a new
SMART POLICY ON REFUNDS:
· Generally, SMART does not issue refunds on mobile products
· In the case of extenuating circumstances, customers can submit a refund request
· Refund form can be found on: www.SonomaMarinTrain.org
This app update provides faster load times and modernizes the appearance. Along with bug fixes, we’ve made improvements to accessibility features, including greater support for screen readers.
Ratings and Reviews
Could Be Much Better....
This is a very BASIC app to purchase e-tickets for SMART. It gets the job done if you don't have or want to use a Clipper Card for paying your fare.
To improve on things, it should include an actual schedule for their service, information on parking availability, passenger pick-up/drop-off, and notifications when the train is running late or there is an expected delay in service. Adding Pay-Pal as an option instead of entering credit card information, and the ability to link to social media like Facebook for easy log-in are a must.
Easier than the kiosk
The app is much easier to buy tix for a family because you can buy them all at once.
I just got a job down south and was excited that I could just take the train down. I’ve been trying to look at the Smart Train website for fairs and schedules on my phone, but the website doesn’t work well on phones. You can’t see a lot of the info unless you hold the phone horizontally and then when you do that it squashes your field of view. When I saw there was an app I was again excited. Downloaded the app and looked for a schedule section. Saw “Trip Planning” and tapped it. “Smart Train schedule” *tap*. Loads up the $h@t website. “F¥€&!”
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit
- 52 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Romanian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Masabi, 2017
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.